John Last

The Next Steps

It looks like a game of checkers.  The left leaning legislature drafts anti-gun bills.  The counties enact 2A sanctuary status: the Governor threatens with National Guard: Sheriffs say they'll deputize everyone: Governor drafts a bill saying to obstruct the law is grounds for removal from office... and on it goes.  Inauguration day approaches.  Now, before there is actual violence in regard to defending our Constitutional rights, let's examine another play or two, so it can be said Virginians went the whole distance to peacefully defend their rights.  As soon as possible (I think they actually have to do something in office, but I'm not a lawyer) the districts can ask for a recall or impeachment of the delegates and Senators: on the grounds of abuse of power/failure to uphold their oath to protect the Constitution etc.  

The other thing is to immediately file an injunction on each and every signed bill (becoming a law) that restricts rights, on grounds of unconstitutionality.  Bogging things down in the legal system can take years to settle.  That time can be used to find ways to otherwise prepare.  

Edited by John Last

It would be nice to end it peacefully.  However, I don't see that happening.  Both sides feel they're morally right in their own fight.  The fourth circuit court also previously already ruled that AR-15's are NOT protected by the constitution.

It's so odd to me that the left doesn't understand that the second amendment is about tyranny, and the thought to have the best chances and weapons possible to fight tyranny only makes sense.  But logic is not their strong suite.  They make decisions based on emotion and their emotions will likely land them in trouble.  Or maybe there are thinking logically, but concealing their true motives.

It's been said that the only reason a government would want to disarm their people is that they're afraid they'll be shot for what they're planning to do....

The Resistance, 

Are in in VA?  I'm in Spotsylvania.  

God Bless

Author of the topic Posted

God bless you too Liberty...  Originally from Indiana, I'm retired and don't live in the states, but I'm honestly considering coming back to defend our rights... I don't recall my oath having an expiration date.

Hasn't anyone challenged the 4th Court's ruling on the AR's???  If I recall the Supreme Court, many years ago ruled that the militia (the people), in order to go against "armies" needed "army-type" weapons.

I'm humbled that you'd move back to help us.  If I can be of any assistance helping you arrive back here safely please let me know.  I'll be happy to help however I can.

I don't remember that ruling but I will look it up and post back here what I can find.

I'm watching from Arkansas.  VA is a bit out of my range to go solo.  But, may consider rolling north if there is a group down this way planning to car pool.  

Legal recourse is effective... until it isn't.  Bogging it down in the legal system buys both sides time.  Other states turning blue will be emboldened by the actions of VA.  VA would be a huge loss for the Liberty movement if it falls.  Hopefully additional measures and efforts not requiring the use of arms can curb the tyrants in VA.  Doesn't look like they want to play nice at the moment tho.  

Well the good news is; we will win this one way or another; whatever it takes.  Our generation will not be the generation to dismantle freedom and liberty.  I guess it depends on the other side how far it actually goes.  

God bless all of you!

Author of the topic Posted

I've been of the opinion, for some time now, that the most effective way to guarantee? our survival as Militia, is to PARTNER with the Sheriff of your county... IF he/she is inclined to protect the Constitution and his oath of office.  Both sides benefit.  The Sheriff gains manpower (armed if necessary) for any "emergency situation" and the Militia gains the protection of a duly elected legal power; including his communication and logistical support abilities.  As the Governor of a state can call up the National Guard, the Sheriff can call up the county militia.  Militia would not be surrendering their autonomy to function on their own if required, but it would give them the benefit of acting under legally recognized authority, should the question arise.  I mention this because units operating without higher command, can easily be considered rogue bandits... and treated as such.