Doug1943

An Appeal for Help

I'm working on assembling a list of books and articles on the Militia Movement -- not just the present-day movement, but organizations calling themselves 'militia', or seen to be similar to militia, in the past seventy-five years.

This would include the 'Deacons for Defense and Justice', the 'Silent Brotherhood' (usually called 'The Order'), the 'Posse Comitatus', the 'Sovereign Citizen Movement', as well as any non-official armed self-defense groups, whether or not they called/call themselves a 'militia'.  I also include unofficial 'Emergency Response Units', if there are any -- groups preparing to deal with natural catastrophes or other large-scale emergencies.

Specifically, I would like

--- (1) titles and authors of books, like Daniel Levitas' The Terrorist Next Door.

--- (2) links to articles about the militia in print or digital publications, like the recent one in Vox,

--- (3) links to online discussion boards, like 'The Conversation', which aren't generally thought of as publications because they have no editorial stance

--- (4) links to organizations which follow the milita movement, like the Southern Poverty Law Center.

and anything else which mentions the militia.

I already have links to the ones I mentioned, and I will probably get everything that a Google search will yield. But you may know of sources I don't -- in particular, obscure books, or local newspaper articles.

Pro-, Con-, or neutral ... doesn't matter.

I intend to produce something with this information that will be of help to local milita groups facing attacks either on line or in the press.  Most reporters do 'background research' ... which means they will read

some of these books and articles -- of course consult the SPLC -- and it will be useful to have available a point-by-point refutation of the lies, or over-generalizations, or unfounded claims and innuendos, that will be present in some of these sources.

Thanks in advance for your help. And I would be grateful for any other suggestions that could help advance the goal mentioned in the previous paragraph.

"PATRIOTS"

A novel of survival in the coming collapse, by James Wesley Rawles.

https://www.amazon.com/Patriots-Novel-Survival-Coming-Collapse/dp/156975599X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1IYLJLV36WFGT&keywords=patriots+by+james+wesley+rawles&qid=1577227775&sprefix=patriots+by+jame%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-1

image.png

Patriots the book review James Wesley Rawles

Author of the topic Posted

A Patriot's Library would be an excellent idea. Titles of interest with a brief review/description, and, unless they can be downloaded directly, some indication of where to get them. (An Amazon link? Can we set it up so that this site gets a percentage of each Amazon sale linked to  from here?)

Fiction is really important. Off the top of my head, I can think of the following books which are inspiring/useful:

The Killer Angels,  by Michael Shaara  (about the Battle of Gettysburg)

The Moon is  a Harsh Mistress, Starship Trooper, The Puppet Masters,  al by Robert Heinlein, who was brilliant at combining libertarian values with an understanding of the proper role of the state and of a citizen's patriotic duty towards it. (And there are others by him, for

younger readers, which also have the same values: Between Planets, Red Planet, Podkayne of Mars. )

The novels of ancient Greece by Mary Renault -- The Praise Singer, Last of the Wine, the Mask of Apollo,  where Western Civlization was born

The Royal Navy novels by Patrick O'Brian -- set in the time of the Napoleonic Wars -- there are 20 of them so I won't list them.

If someone could briefly review the various Field Manuals already available here it would be useful. I'm a bit skeptical of Government Wisdom but there is probably useful information in them. It's just that there are so many of them!

1 hour ago, Doug1943 said:

A Patriot's Library would be an excellent idea. Titles of interest with a brief review/description, and, unless they can be downloaded directly, some indication of where to get them. (An Amazon link? Can we set it up so that this site gets a percentage of each Amazon sale linked to  from here?)

Fiction is really important. Off the top of my head, I can think of the following books which are inspiring/useful:

The Killer Angels,  by Michael Shaara  (about the Battle of Gettysburg)

The Moon is  a Harsh Mistress, Starship Trooper, The Puppet Masters,  al by Robert Heinlein, who was brilliant at combining libertarian values with an understanding of the proper role of the state and of a citizen's patriotic duty towards it. (And there are others by him, for

younger readers, which also have the same values: Between Planets, Red Planet, Podkayne of Mars. )

The novels of ancient Greece by Mary Renault -- The Praise Singer, Last of the Wine, the Mask of Apollo,  where Western Civlization was born

The Royal Navy novels by Patrick O'Brian -- set in the time of the Napoleonic Wars -- there are 20 of them so I won't list them.

If someone could briefly review the various Field Manuals already available here it would be useful. I'm a bit skeptical of Government Wisdom but there is probably useful information in them. It's just that there are so many of them!

Wish we could but to be an Amazon affiliate requires a monthly payment and you have to generate enough clicks to cover that fee plus make any money.