RevRifleman

Rifle Rated Helmet armor plate Hard Head Veterans

HHV is now offering a plate that attaches to their Gen 1 and Gen 2 ATE helmets.  Rated to stop 7.62x39 and M855.  Looks like their take on the Velocity Systems SLAAP plate.  Only available in black at the moment... I'm hoping they get some other 'color' options in the near future.

https://www.hardheadveterans.com/products/rifle-rated-ballistic-helmet-up-armor-defeats-7-62?variant=14042136117311

hhv helmet.png

Sweet!  I just got a Gen 2 in multicam.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

That plate fits THIS helmet?

Edited by Matt In West Virginia

Join The Mercer County 1st Citizen Task Force-WV HERE at MyMilitia.com for proper networking and communication.
The Facebook Page for The MC1stCTF is HERE.

If you live anywhere within the area code 304 in West Virginia, join the WV-THREE04 here at MYMilitia.com to recieve help and guidance in bolstering your existing unit or starting a new unit! WV has much catching up to do to revitalize our community militias. YOU can be a part of something NEW in West Virginia, no matter your location!

1392374933_Screenshot2020-04-10at7_15_23PM.png.a6376a6eabd0ddf71fb5634c0182d3f2.png

9 minutes ago, Matt In West Virginia said:

That plate fits THIS helmet?

This is the exact helmet I just got and according to the article Rev posted the plate fits it.  

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

lfr.jpg

Looks like a fine helmet. I'll have to save this information...

Join The Mercer County 1st Citizen Task Force-WV HERE at MyMilitia.com for proper networking and communication.
The Facebook Page for The MC1stCTF is HERE.

If you live anywhere within the area code 304 in West Virginia, join the WV-THREE04 here at MYMilitia.com to recieve help and guidance in bolstering your existing unit or starting a new unit! WV has much catching up to do to revitalize our community militias. YOU can be a part of something NEW in West Virginia, no matter your location!

1392374933_Screenshot2020-04-10at7_15_23PM.png.a6376a6eabd0ddf71fb5634c0182d3f2.png

8 minutes ago, Bergmeister said:

So far this is impressive.  The whole package looks like what $500+ ?  But if you own a helmet which will stop AR and AK rounds, then carrying full body plates makes more sense.

The thing to keep in mind on this product is that it is an add on plate for over the helmet and only adds protection to the front forehead and temple areas, but that is about the most likely area to get hit in a fight.

lfr.jpg

The question is will the blunt force trama kill you even if that add a plate stops the rifle round on a 3a helmet  , the same question applys to HHV'S level 3+ Helmet which doesnt need the add on plate . I have yet to see a video on the rifle threat rated helmets

Author of the topic Posted
On 6/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, HVL said:

The question is will the blunt force trama kill you even if that add a plate stops the rifle round on a 3a helmet  , the same question applys to HHV'S level 3+ Helmet which doesnt need the add on plate . I have yet to see a video on the rifle threat rated helmets

Hard to say.  I'd like to see some testing as well. There have been instances in recent history where military issue non-rifle rated helmets took a round from an AK and the wearer survived the hit and lived to tell the story.  For now I guess it all depends on' how' just as much as 'where' you get hit.  

On 6/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, HVL said:

No, blunt force trauma wont kill you.  Hard armor doesnt transfer energy that way.

Just about all the IIIA armor rounds ive seen (videos, not in person) stopped were usually AK rounds.  The 7.62 is a big slow bullet on a good day.  The further away you get, the slower it goes and the easier it is to defeat.  Same applies to all rounds.  Speed beats armor most of the time.

Blunt force trama to the head can absolutly kill you and had armor has trama pads , do the pads in a helmet provide that same protection and disperse the energy or will it be like getting hit in the head with a sledge hammer.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HVL said:

Blunt force trama to the head can absolutly kill you and had armor has trama pads , do the pads in a helmet provide that same protection and disperse the energy or will it be like getting hit in the head with a sledge hammer.

No.  HHV has a newish attachment to their helmets thats level 3 hard armor.  Behind it sits a IIIA helmet.  A hit to the hard plate will not cause death via blunt force trauma against whatever the plate is rated to.  

Can it happen on soft armor?  Yes, but that wasnt the question.

Edited by Yazzinra

Posted (edited)

screw all that noise, I want to see a video of someone wearing one of these and getting shot in the face and walking away.

Shot in the face with ever rated ammo round the mask is in theory supposed to be rated for.

https://www.securityprousa.com/products/secpro-nij-level-iiia-ballistic-face-mask

I can only imagine that upon impact, the ballistic face mask, absorbs the round, fractures making this mask a one time use thing. or it can take a few shots, but I imagine it would feel like getting punched in the face by Mike Tyson in his prime.

OR

you can go this route like the Magician  David Blaine did https://youtu.be/wB1utUQS48s  +   https://youtu.be/NsZTIIWgfmg

probably is just a very elaborate illusion; but it is interesting and entertaining.

so to me, ya get that cup david blaine made, and the mouth piece, put that in ya pie hole then put on the mask, then put on your fav helmet and body armor, then chances are at that point one has made some kind of full body Tony Stark Iron Man suit so put that on too. an you are good to go.

so once you have that gear, you will need an M249 Saw with a minimum 800round back pack >   https://youtu.be/MLW0SHLJecM

But if you really want to be a lazy fuck like i am, you get your armor, get the mini gun, and then really white trash it up with one of these bad boys, 

https://youtu.be/T96Ydrlngvk

An what really sold me on it, is the folding rear basket !, imagine, balling in the apocalypse with one of these;  full armor, a saw, backpack in the back basket, an just cruising . Or at the next Antifa rally. probably can customize the ride as well. to mouth the saw on the handle bars.

P.S, if one of you mofos really do this, i'll be your bff.

Edited by GLCsector3295

Guest Martinez
On 2/13/2020 at 12:50 PM, Powerlifter1 said:

Anyone in the northwest suburbs ?

yes . Hello from Glenview