fixer

Iran

On the night of the events i used a proxy to watch Israeli local news, i did this for a few reasons .. One i do not trust american media ... any of them.

As the events were unfolding the american news was about 2 hours behind.

Some key items from that night ..

82792547_10158675986559460_2879560179358105600_n.jpg

Re-Read the Statement at the top of this image... Iran first said it wasn't even them.

Next item:

Israel News reported US Casualties

Next item:

Israel reported that Iran said if the US retaliated they would Bomb israel ....

Next item:

Israel activates Iron dome... pleas with US diplomats 

ENTIRE TIME TRUMP IS SILENT

The world is staring , watching Tumps twitter for retaliation ....

Next Item:

Israel reports passenger plane crashed 

Next Item:

TRUMP breaks silence ....

All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

Take a few minutes and study this message... knowing the world is waiting for the message...

Completely not like trump to respond like this...

"ALL IS WELL"

who is going to say that after an attack... its like saying NO WORRIES .... it is just to calm everyone..

and how about "Assessment of casualties & damages" ... exactly how do you Assess something you say never happened ... as USA continues to report NO CASUALTIES ... "INVESTIGATE" and "ASSESS" 2 different things

Next item:

Israel reports that Iran was waiting on missiles to be fired by USA and was going to blame USA for downing passenger plane...

Next Item:

Israel reports Plane shot down contained 176 passengers

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 11.37.05 PM.png

Notice anything strange?

how about 63 Canadians?

Next Item:

Israel reports Canadian passengers were nuclear scientist fleeing the country

None of this is reported on American News

Next Item:

Trump address nation says no casualties, all is well Iran is standing down

BASED ON WHAT EXACTLY?

Next Item:

American news reports passenger plane "Crashed"

this does not add up.

What i think is Trump Lied..... There were casualties ... He lied to prevent a war .. how do you fell about that? Israel is saying 90 us soldiers killed in missile strikes.. USA is saying "WERE GOOD"

Remember JFK lied during the cold war and saved the world.

I think... Trump lied and saved thousands, how do you feel about that?

That would explain his demeanor the next day when he gave his speech.  Mrs. Delta Whiskey 14 and I both noticed that something was off. He seemed tense and not his usual confident self. As far as the Ukrainian plane goes, I want to put this out there.  Russia and Iran are pretty much allies.  Russia has been attempting to annex Ukraine.  My question is were there any significant passengers from the Ukraine on that flight? How convenient for Russia to have Iran "accidentally" shoot down the plane. Perhaps the Canadians and Iranians were not the actual target.

Canada is currently overran by middle-easterners, lots of which are from Iran. So my 1st question was when they reported all those "Canadians" on board, were they Canadians? Or were they Iranians with Canadian citizenship? To me they are two different things.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could be idiotic enough to actually fly a plane directly into harm's way like that knowing missiles just flew by and are probably still being launched? I mean, what company... what flight service... what kind of pilot would do that? If I were the pilot I'd never have taken that plane anywhere... unless I were forced.

President Trump did seem nervous the next day during the press release. They had the microphone stuck right down his throat though. Because I've dealt with and been around audio equipment all my life, I can tell you it's easy to pick up all kinds of noises your body makes that you're usually unaware that you even make. That was one of those days for President Trump.

Was he lying? Well... If he was, you can bet he hated doing it... It would have been for a far greater cause. Do I think he would have lied about 90 soldiers dying? We have to remember, much of war must be done with a level of secrecy. All cannot be disclosed to the press. Let's go ahead and realize that Democrats have been transmitting military secrets to the enemy through the press for a very long time now. It's important that your enemy not know what you've done, what you're doing, nor what you're going to do. I find it hard to believe President Trump would deny 90 fatalities... but I find it equally hard to believe Israel would put out a false report or that the President would reveal anything concerning top secret battle strategies.

This is the responsibility of a Commander In Chief. That's just one reason we vet our Presidential candidates before we turn them loose with the biggest guns in the world. Whichever way it is, I personally have trust enough that this President is doing what he thinks is best. He's not one to "tell all". As a result, these top terrorists keep popping their head up thinking themselves safe just to find out, a little too late, that they weren't. I can also say, IF I were a troop under his command, I would consider it an honor to go up against that murdering SOB that recently got a missile right up his ass. He's murdered enough of us. Mind you, I'd rather live for my country and let the enemy die for theirs. But war is war. 

Iran Sentenced Us to Death. Here’s How Iranians Really View the Regime.

Iran Suleimani protests public opinion

In 2009, the Iranian government arrested and imprisoned us and sentenced us to death by hanging because of our evangelical Christian faith. We recounted that experience in the book “Captive in Iran.”

We have experienced firsthand the cruelty of the Iranian regime, including the intelligence officers and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps forces who were responsible for brutally torturing our best friend, Shirin Alam Hooli, a Kurdish activist, and her execution by hanging, among many of their other cruel actions.

The Revolutionary Guard is notorious in Iran as a force behind all suppressions, arrests, tortures, and mass killings of many Iranians, including in the most recent protests last November, in which well over a thousand (and likely more) were killed, and many more were arrested. Also, the force is responsible for terrorist actions across the Middle East in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and beyond.  

For many Iranians, including us, it was a relief to hear that Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, was killed last week in a U.S.-led strike. Suleimani has blood on his hands of not only Iranians, but also U.S. service members, Iraqis, Afghanis, and Syrians.

Most people in Iran are celebrating the death of a man who murdered innocent Iranians as recently as the November protests. Unlike what is shown in the Western media, people inside Iran are sending out videos through social media that show they are privately dancing at their homes, celebrating the death of Suleimani. Some even bake and give each other cookies to show their happiness.

In November, thousands of Iranians were brutally killed by the regime’s agents, particularly by the Revolutionary Guard forces under the leadership of Suleimani.

Many families lost their loved ones, including young children, during the suppression of the protests. Some could not even get the bodies of their children released or were forced to pay the price of the bullet (thousands of dollars) to get their bodies returned.

Other families, including that of Pouya Bakhtiari, were not even allowed to mourn or have a funeral for their children because the regime was afraid many Iranians would join and that would lead to another protest against the regime.

If the people of Iran had the freedom to attend the funerals of those who were killed during the recent protests, we would likely see millions of Iranians show up and support the anti-regime movement.

It is important to understand that the crowd that gathered for Suleimani’s funeral does not represent the Iranian people at large. Supporters of the regime and those who truly mourn the death of terrorist Suleimani are in the minority.

Most of those shown on state television are either paid by the regime—such as Basijis—or forced to attend by regime security forces. On Monday, four people were arrested because they expressed their happiness at Suleimani’s death on social media, according to Iran International.

Since the death of Suleimani, the regime has shut down schools, bazaars (shops and places of business), and public offices and forced people to attend the funeral. It bused school children to the funeral and even forced them to cry for the TV cameras.

The regime also ordered all traffic to be directed to the location of the funeral so that even those who didn’t want to participate had no choice but to join the crowd. It stopped all subways and trains and forced riders to leave the stations and join the crowd in the streets.

The funeral was just a big show orchestrated by the Iranian regime to make it appear that Suleimani was beloved by the Iranian people, and that they want revenge for his death—which is not what we’re hearing from firsthand sources and Persian news sources.

We know from our time in Iran that the regime uses threats and force to make people attend ceremonies like this to show massive support for the government. In school, our principals forced us to say, “Death to America and death to Israel” every day before class and to attend speeches whenever the president or other government authorities came to our city—and we would be expelled if we didn’t attend. The same was true for high school and university students.

In general, if people do not attend such gatherings, they will lose their jobs, public benefits, and even risk their lives and security.

Meanwhile, much of the Western media seems to be partnering with the Iranian government in spreading the propaganda that there is massive popular support for the regime. Western media focused on the huge crowds mourning the death of Suleimani and tried to show that people in Iran are angry about his death and want revenge.

The reality is that most Iranians love the United States and Americans, and would like to establish a friendly relationship with Israel and the U.S. and live in peace with other nations.

Iran has been captured by this hostile regime and the mullahs (religious leaders) for more than 40 years. Many Iranians who have been suppressed by the regime have shown, through their protests, that they oppose the regime and want to see it replaced.

Most Iranians, including us, thank President Donald Trump and his administration for standing with the Iranian people and adopting policies that are weakening the regime’s power within Iran and in the region. We also thank Trump for putting an end to Suleimani, a monster terrorist, and other terrorist leaders who accompanied him.

Article online here.

Iranian security forces purportedly fire live ammunition to disperse protesters despite Trump's warning
Video report here.

Videos emerged online Monday that purportedly show Iranian police and security forces firing live ammunition to disperse demonstrators protesting against the Islamic Republic after the country mistakenly downed a Ukrainian airline plane shortly after takeoff from Tehran.

There was no immediate report in Iranian state-run media on the incident near Azadi, or Freedom, Square in Tehran, but, if true, could be seen as an act of defiance against President Trump who warned the regime against the use of deadly force.

Trump late Sunday tweeted in Farsi that a combination of protests and sanctions have "choked off" Iran and said Tehran will be forced to the negotiation table.

STEVE HILTON GOES OFF ON 'ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICANS'

Trump insisted that he "couldn’t care less" if the regime negotiates, but he appeared to lay down non-negotiable issues that included the development of nuclear weapons and the use of deadly force against protesters.

Whoops! We couldn't access this Tweet.

"Don't kill your protesters," he tweeted.

Videos were sent to the New York-based Center for Human Rights in Iran and later verified by The Associated Press. They show a crowd of demonstrators fleeing as a tear gas canister landed among them. People cough and sputter while trying to escape the fumes, with one woman calling out in Farsi: “They fired tear gas at people! Azadi Square. Death to the dictator!”

Another video shows a woman being carried away in the aftermath as a blood trail can be seen on the ground. Those around her cry out that she has been shot by live ammunition in the leg.

“Oh my God, she’s bleeding nonstop!” one person shouts. Another shouts: “Bandage it!”

Photos and video after the incident show pools of blood on the sidewalk.

Hossein Rahimi, the head of the Tehran police, said in a statement seen by Reuters that police "absolutely did not shoot" due to orders to show restraint.

US TROOPS PRAISE GENERAL'S KILLING, COTTON SAYS

The tweet in Farsi appears to be an attempt by Trump to speak directly to the Iranian people. Tehran has experienced upheaval after the missile strike on a Ukrainian airline flight out of the country's capital that the country called a mistake. Still, the mishap was seen as an international display of military ineptitude.

Many of the country’s protesters chanted "death to the Dictator," referring to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Trump, who says he is not interested in ousting the Iranian regime, reinstated economic sanctions on Iran after withdrawing from the nuke deal. He said it gave Tehran too many economic benefits without doing enough to prevent Iran from eventually developing a nuclear weapon.

Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh,  the head of the Revolutionary Guard's aerospace division, said his unit accepts "full responsibility.” Iranian officials had earlier denied that it had shot down the jet.

Alam Saleh, an Iran expert, told the Wall Street Journal that the state’s legitimacy has been “severely challenged by the people.”

Trump, hours earlier, again warned Tehran not to kill protesters, saying, “Thousands have already been killed or imprisoned by you, and the World is watching. More importantly, the USA is watching."

Karen Pierce, British ambassador to the United Nations, echoed Trump's message to Iran.

"The important thing is that... the Iranian government needs to listen to its people and it needs to de-escalate the current situation... that's in their hands," Pierce said Sunday on "America's News HQ."

Fox News' Yael Halon and the Associated Press contributed to this report

1 hour ago, Claw Hammer said:

Why is it our problem or concern what iran does to it's own people?   

Just my thoughts are, because they are doing the same thing to our people... and have been for a very long time now almost unchecked... even financed with your taxes and mine. Since the last administration threw open the doors to radical isLamists, we know by Iran's attitude what to expect from the cells they have hidden within the US... as well as the murdering and imprisonment of Americans.

The thing is, there isn't but one way to win against that theology, which has been at war with the world and with each other (when they have no one else to fight with) for 1500 years. It has to be eradicated... I mean... eradicated. I think maybe the public is too politically correct and squeamish in this day and time to let that happen... We COULD do it... but I don't think we ever will.

Which leaves us where? Just sitting, watching, waiting, on another one of us to die... we strike back and kill the one that murdered us, then we sit back, watch and wait until it happens again... over and over and over.... Then here and there they will gain the high ground like they did when Obama was President... then we start the wait, watch and strike back cycle again... until one day... one day they will have enough political power to get on top and stay there. We've already been told one world government and one world religion is coming... We just weren't told when.

So what happens if we don't keep the warmongers occupied in their land? They'll keep us occupied in ours.

That's my take on it anyway...

1 hour ago, Claw Hammer said:

Why is it our problem or concern what iran does to it's own people?   

I want to say also, if we were going to take action based on strictly humanitarian issues, there would have been cause for that since before America was America. But as it stands, President Trump pointing out the treatment of Iran towards its own people is just something else that makes it hard for the world to turn a blind eye to when President Trump does WHATEVER he does... I think he's trying to avoid direct conflict? But I think he may be considering helping the Iranian people fight back... with funding and equipment... Our government has toppled many governments in the past without direct conflict... The CIA is really adept. They are even trying it on US now, since President Trump has drug them out of their closets and into the light.

However, Iran was a different kind of place until 1979 when this regime took control aided (believe it or not) by the CIA.  One of the most dramatic changes in government in Iran's history was seen with the 1979 Iranian Revolution where Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi was overthrown and replaced by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. The patriotic monarchy was replaced by an Islamic Republic based on the principle of rule by Islamic jurists, (or "Velayat-e faqih"), where clerics serve as head of state and in many powerful governmental roles. A pro-Western, pro-American foreign policy was exchanged for one of "neither east nor west", said to rest on the three "pillars" of mandatory veil (hijab) for women, and opposition to the United States and Israel.[1] A rapidly modernizing capitalist economy[2][3] was replaced by a populist and Islamic economy and culture.

The leader of the revolution and founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, was Iran's supreme leader until his death in 1989. He was followed by Ali Khamenei.

To my way of thinking, if it is possible that the CIA could help topple a government in such a way as this, then a reversal of foreign policy toward Iran could help restore it more to the way it was before this last regime change, or possibly even better than it was. I think it could be better because the Iranian people are even MORE affectionate toward America now than they were, in many different respects.

When has Iran directly attacked us ?   

I dont care about their people and islam isnt going away and nobody is going genocide on 3 billion people.  They out number Christian's and christianity has died in the United states.    

Not intrested in sending our men and women to die for a shit hole country 

2 minutes ago, VRDF said:

I'm not so convinced the destruction of the theology or nation would resolve the matter. 

I against my brother

My brother and I against my cousin

My brother, cousin and I against the world.

This middle eastern proverb really speaks to the very culture of the Middle eastern world even prior to Islam long before the Islamic Golden Era. 

The entire region very much adopted the principle of lex talionis. Punishments to fit thr crime. This concept can been seen influencing the hebrews as well  before islam.

So it might be more of a region thing .

I could maybe agree with that if it weren't for the radical doctrines of Mohammed... what they call the hadiths. That is what is responsible for the generational renewal of radical isLam and it is responsible for the eVil that it produces. The things you speak of may well exist, but it is these "Articles Of Terrorism" that is responsible for what we're seeing today, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Claw Hammer said:

When has Iran directly attacked us ? 

In the words of Gary Anderson who lectures on Alternative Analysis at George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs. He has served as a civilian adviser in Iraq and Afghanistan.

For over four decades Iran has conducted a proxy war against the United States with virtual impunity and Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Quds Force has been the main instigator behind it.

The Marine Corps bore the brunt of the first wave of asymmetric Iranian attacks in the 1980s. Working through their Hezbollah surrogates in Lebanon, Iran supplied the explosive expertise that enabled the 1983 Beirut bombing which killed 241 Marines and attached sailors and another Marine died when the U.S. embassy in that city was bombed.

In 1988 — at the behest of Iran — Hezbollah operatives kidnapped, tortured and killed Marine Corps Lt. Col. Rich Higgins, an unarmed U.N. observer, who was serving as the commander of the U.N. Observer Group in Lebanon (OGL). This despicable act was personal for many of us Marines.

Since that time our soldiers and Marines have suffered many casualties to Iranian manufactured and supplied Explosively Formed Penetrator devices (EFPs). The Iranian leadership has finally received a taste of its own medicine.

Qassem Soleimani took over the Quds Force late in the last century and has been a major instability factor in the Middle East and elsewhere. He was a mastermind of the killing of thousands in Syria, Yemen and Lebanon. Most recently, he pushed Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq to fire on unarmed demonstrators who have been legally protesting the policies of the pro-Iranian elites in the Baghdad government.

It is small wonder that crowds celebrating his death in neighboring Middle-Eastern countries outnumbered substantially those Iranian-sponsored crowds which mourned his passing.

Soleimani’s loss is different from the killing of leaders of non-state terror groups such as al Qaeda and the Islamic State. Those organizations are Darwinian in that there are usually even tougher characters waiting in the wings. Soleimani headed up a vast bureaucracy that was largely glued together by his personal contacts both in Iran and internationally. He will be hard to replace,

The events surrounding Soleimani’s killing represent sea change in U.S. policy toward state-sponsored terror and a blow to the entire system through with which Iran exports its poisonous influence internationally. We are now going after the key leaders who carry out Iranian policies by proxy in places like Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen and Syria. Soleimani was not alone in being targeted this month. Several key pro-Iranian militia leaders died in the strikes as well.

Unlike al Qaeda and ISIS, these militia leaders are prominent political figures who have to remain in the public eye in their respective nations to keep power. They have never faced a direct threat to themselves by America for their actions. All that has changed. This will complicate Iran’s retaliation for Soleimani’s death.

As a number of area experts have pointed out, Iran is unlikely to launch a direct kinetic attack on U.S. interests. The same holds true for a cyber-attack; Iran is too badly outgunned. Iran could target U.S. military or political leaders; bad as that might be, we have a lot of them and none of them is irreplaceable. Thus, assassination won’t get Iran very far.

In the past, Tehran might yet turn to Hezbollah or militias in Iraq, Syria or Yemen to carry out a terror act to give a layer of plausible deniability. Now that the leaders of these groups are subject to direct U.S. retaliation it will be more difficult to get characters such as Hezbollah’s Nasrallah to sign on in the future. Most of these people have no compunction about sacrificing their young followers in suicide attacks, but very few have yet signed on for martyrdom themselves.  

Make no mistake, there will be retaliation, but it will not likely come immediately. Iran’s ruling elites make decisions by consensus and they are now without their most talented doer of dirty deeds. Our nation is resilient enough to take a punch. The leadership in Tehran has to decide how many punches it can take.

It took us nearly 60 years of on-and-off containment to deal with the Soviet Union. We have been four decades dealing with Iran. Hopefully, at some point the Iranian people will force their government to abandon reckless nuclear and overseas adventurism.  

Iran’s leaders are now on notice that they are accountable. Old Marines have a saying: “To err is human, to forgive is divine; neither of which is Marine Corps policy.”

Statement online here.

We killed them and they killed us and for what reason.   Oh because we feel the need to be the world's police in the middle east.   Hell iraq asked us to leave and we bring more troops.   

What I am tired of is wasting men and women for a war over in the middle east just to make a profit for some companies here.  All because a bunch or war assholes don't have to put their lives on line for anything.    

Why send our people to die for them.  

Bring them home 

3 minutes ago, Claw Hammer said:

What I am tired of is wasting men and women for a war over in the middle east just to make a profit for some companies here.

I have to say that what Obama did with our troops will never be openly admitted to the public. It was a disgrace.  

Foreign policy of a President is much more important than people think, and much more complicated than anyone takes the time to cypher.There are too many Presidents executing foreign policy to suit their hidden agendas. That said, avoiding war when possible should be done at any reasonable cost and keeping peace through strength is also required. Knowing when and how to apply that knowledge is wisdom.

We can't blame America's mistakes all on one lump of dough. We should be more careful in who we choose to be President. But with approx. only 50% of the population turning out to vote, it's hard to impossible to do.

Just now, Matt In West Virginia said:

I have to say that what Obama did with our troops will never be openly admitted to the public. It was a disgrace.  

Foreign policy of a President is much more important than people think, and much more complicated than anyone takes the time to cypher.There are too many Presidents executing foreign policy to suit their hidden agendas. That said, avoiding war when possible should be done at any reasonable cost and keeping peace through strength is also required. Knowing when and how to apply that knowledge is wisdom.

We can't blame America's mistakes all on one lump of dough. We should be more careful in who we choose to be President. But with approx. only 50% of the population turning out to vote, it's hard to impossible to do.

Its because voting has become pointless