fixer

Military Branch Badges - Thank You for your service!

Go here to set your service branch - https://www.mymilitia.com/settings/joingroup/

New members can now set there branch on registration (if applicable)

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.15 PM.png

The Badge will show on your profile and under your avatar on posts..

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.32 PM.png

You can click your account setting to see what groups to belong to and to set your branch ...

Click on your name at the top and select account settings..

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.19.40 PM.png

it will show like this..

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.14.08 PM.png

on the left you can edit...

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.53 PM.png

(Or click the link at the top of this post)

Here are the images that will show...

National Guard.png Air Force.png coastguard.png

navy.png Marines.png Army.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.13.02 PM.png

3rd-division1.jpg

Third-division patch worn on working jacket aboard ship and when on base. Designed by a division member and created at a shop in Olongapo, Philippines. Third-division was the ship's ASW team, Anti-Submarine warfare.  Around 20 of us. Made in 1975 during a WestPac... a multi-month cruise to act as a trip-wire against aggression of any type. Estimate that around 25 of these patches were made and who knows how many have survived over the years.

DN-SC-85-00114aaa.JPEG

Schofield heavy seas.jpg

10954549_535168486626320_267151545191136703_o.jpg

Edited by Obbop

Whoa, well done!

Well done for two  reasons:

--- (1) anyone who has done, is doing, military service deserves the thanks of everyone else.

--- (2) it will make this site more attractive.

We're very lucky to have this talent on our side.  The Web is the battleground right now.  We've got lots of guys who can do the equivalent, on this battleground, of pointing their rifles in the right direction and pulling the trigger -- ie we can login and post our observations on the world, for whatever that's worth -- but we're not going to win  or even hold our own without heavy artillery and airstrikes.

That means we need techies and geeks and people who know how to do things like this.  Having someone who can build and maintain an attractive website is like having an A10 overhead when you need it. 

I actually had a few mos. I was an Aircract Electrician and cross trained in Avionics. So, I had to have a Secret Security Clearance. I worked on all the electronics on helicopters. Anyone who served, knows 11B is always primary and when I wasn't flying, I was traveling by way of LPC's.  I substituted as crew chief on night flights & door gunner in Black Hawks, and at the time, I could repair any electrical problems from Apache to Cobra & everything in between. Early in my career, the Cobra & Huey were transitioned out, but My fav was the Black Hawk.  I have a strong background in every aspect of construction.. I'll stop here and just say I'm well rounded and eclectic.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I actually had a few mos. I was an Aircract Electrician and cross trained in Avionics. So, I had to have a Secret Security Clearance. I worked on all the electronics on helicopters. Anyone who served, knows 11B is always primary and when I wasn't flying, I was traveling by way of LPC's.  I substituted as crew chief on night flights & door gunner in Black Hawks, and at the time, I could repair any electrical problems from Apache to Cobra & everything in between. Early in my career, the Cobra & Huey were transitioned out, but My fav was the Black Hawk.  I have a strong background in every aspect of construction.. I'll stop here and just say I'm well rounded and eclectic.

I don't know who reads these things, but I can see a young person reading  what you've written here and saying, "Oh, what's that got to do with fighting?" (I don't mean being a door gunner, but the technical stuff.)  Hollywood has conditioned the way we think -- what the kids want to see is tracer rounds and explosions and so that's what they get in Hollywood films. They don't realize that real war is this huge machine that has to be kept running ... that helicopters and APCs and all the rest of it get very heavy usage and break down and have to be fixed.

One of the reasons the Germans lost the war was that their armor was well designed (except for not taking advantage of sloping) but they kept changing the specs, improving it, during production runs instead of just deciding on a model that was 'good enough' and producing masses of them ... so they were not easy for the technicians to keep running, since it was almost the case that machine was slightly different from the previous ones.

Anyway, I think the militia movement needs to put a big emphasis on the idea that it's preparing for situations -- not necessarily only armed combat, it could be responding to natural disasters -- in which the engineering capacity  of every unit will be important.  Just knowing what to do with a damaged building after a big earthquake, or a flood or hurricane, is not obvious to someone with no construction experience (like me).  And having the right tools and material available is also important ...we've discussed this elsewhere, about how to build up a stock from the Salvation Army shop and from scrapyards and why it's unlikely that a militia member is going to take his expensive SnapOns out to the field where they'll get lost or stolen, and the problems that this will cause. (In the military, you have access to socialized property, with the advantages and disadvantages that ensue when no one actually owns something. But in the militia .....)

And engineering capacity -- in the broadest sense -- also overlaps something else: how valuable could a 65 year old guy with athsma be to a militia unit? Well, he's not going to be low-crawling under the razor wire, but if he's a retired engineer of some sort --  or a  welder, auto mechanic, plumber, carpenter  -- he could actually be quite valuable.  Because war is not like Hollywood.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:22 PM, fixer said:

Go here to set your service branch - https://www.mymilitia.com/settings/joingroup/

New members can now set there branch on registration (if applicable)

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.15 PM.png

The Badge will show on your profile and under your avatar on posts..

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.32 PM.png

You can click your account setting to see what groups to belong to and to set your branch ...

Click on your name at the top and select account settings..

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.19.40 PM.png

it will show like this..

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.14.08 PM.png

on the left you can edit...

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.53 PM.png

(Or click the link at the top of this post)

Here are the images that will show...

National Guard.png Air Force.png coastguard.png

navy.png Marines.png Army.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.12.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.13.02 PM.png

Please only claim military service badges if you actually have served in those branches and for the United States.  Yes these are public group badges but they are intended for those men and women that have actually served in the US military.  There is such a thing as "false valor" and we don't like that here.  We may not find out if your claim is false, but if we do it will be an automatic ban from this site.  I just banned a new account that had every military badge marked on their profile, no way that could ever be a thing.  Thank you.