Jump to content
LetFreedomRing

Several Saudi service members training at U.S. military base to be expelled from the country

Recommended Posts

from the link...

 

More than a dozen Saudi servicemen, who have been training in the U.S., will reportedly be expelled from the country. Sunday reports said the Pentagon will remove those who have been marked as ‘red flags’ to national security.

The decision came as part of the review into last month’s deadly shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola. Investigators believe the shooter acted alone. However, those facing expulsion have reportedly been linked to extremist movements. Reports also alleged some the trainees were in possession of child pornography.

Defense Department officials reviewed nearly 850 Saudi military trainees following the attack. Nearly a dozen trainees on the base were restricted to the barracks while the FBI sought answers for the attack.

“The stand down to classroom training is restricted to the Saudi students that are in the country at this time, not applying to students from other nationalities,” said spokesman Jonathan Hoffman. “With regard to new students coming into the country at this time, we haven’t had any new students come in.”

No accomplices have been charged in connection to the shooting. The Justice Department will most likely rule the December shooting an act of terrorism.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NAS Pensacola shooting was an 'act of terrorism' as US to expel Saudi nationals training there, Barr says

The shooting carried out by a Saudi aviation student at Naval Air Station Pensacola in December was an “act of terrorism,” Attorney General William Barr said Monday as authorities released their findings on an investigation into the attack.

 

Barr said the gunman, identified as Saudi Arabian Air Force 2nd Lt. Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, was "motivated by jihadist ideology." His comments come as the U.S. is expelling 21 Saudi nationals who live in America and, like Alshamrani, trained with the U.S. military at facilities including NAS Pensacola.

 

Barr added that Alshamrani, during last year's anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, also posted a message online that "the countdown has begun" and later traveled to New York City to visit the 9/11 Memorial on Thanksgiving weekend.

 

Alshamrani ultimately ended up killing three U.S. sailors and severely wounding eight other Americans in the Dec. 6 attack, Barr said.

The NAS Pensacola shooter was identified as Mohammed Alshamrani, a 21-year-old 2nd Lieutenant in the Royal Saudi Air Force who was a student naval flight officer of Naval Aviation Schools Command. (FBI)

The NAS Pensacola shooter was identified as Mohammed Alshamrani, a 21-year-old 2nd Lieutenant

in the Royal Saudi Air Force who was a student naval flight officer of Naval Aviation Schools Command. (FBI)

 

 

Many of the 21 cadets who are being expelled had contact with child pornography and possessed jihadist or anti-American material, Barr said.

 

The revelation comes after a law enforcement source told Fox News earlier in the day that "more than a dozen" Saudi nationals who were part of the training program -- who have ties to extremist groups -- were set to be sent back home. Those individuals are not linked to the Pensacola shooting though, the source added.

 

NAS Pensacola is home to the Naval Education and Training Security Assistance Field Activity's International Training Center, which the Navy says was “established in 1988 to meet the aviation-specific training needs of international officers and enlisted students from allied nations.”

 

"Immersing international students in our U.S. Navy training and culture helps build partnership capacity for both the present and for the years ahead," Cmdr. Bill Gibson, the center’s officer in charge, said in 2017. "These relationships are truly a win-win for everyone involved."

 

The majority of the hundreds of foreign aviation students who have participated in the program are from Saudi Arabia, the Navy says. The Naval training program has about 1,500 pilots in total.

 

Saudis have received training at the Pensacola site since the 1970s, with as many as 20 students from the Middle Eastern country in any given class, sources told Fox News. Many of the students are often from the Royal Family, putting pressure on officials to pass pilots through the training program in an attempt to preserve diplomacy with the U.S. ally.

 

Barr hailed the program Monday, describing the Royal Saudi Air Force as an "important military partner and has long had a training relationship with the United States.”

 

The shooting at NAS Pensacola also prompted a group of U.S. Navy instructor pilots to ask top military brass for permission to arm themselves.

 

FBI ASKS APPLE TO HELP UNLOCK PENSACOLA SHOOTER'S PHONES

 

One of the shooting victims was the captain of the U.S. Naval Academy rifle team, an “excellent marksman,” according to his brother.

 

“It’s so stupid that on a military base, the shooter was allowed to roam free for so long,” one instructor pilot told Fox News in December.

 

Two pilots said the Saudi shooter had 10 minutes to carry out his deadly assault on defenseless Navy sailors at the “API” -- aviation pre-flight indoctrination -- building.

 

Alshamrani was shot and killed by a deputy from the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

 

Earlier this week, FBI asked Apple to help extract data from two iPhones that belonged to the gunman.

 

Investigators have been trying to access the two devices — an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 5 — but have been unable to access them because the phones are locked and encrypted, according to a letter from the FBI’s general counsel, Dana Boente. The FBI has received a court authorization to search the phones and the devices have been sent to the bureau’s lab in Quantico, Virginia, he said.

 

“We have asked Apple for their help in unlocking the shooter’s phones," Barr said Monday. "So far Apple has not given us any substantive assistance.”

Apple said in a statement that it has already provided investigators with all the relevant data held by the company and would continue to support the investigators.

 

Fox News' Vandana Rambaran, Lucas Tomlinson and the Associated Press contributed to this report. Video report included in online report here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will send them overseas armed to the teeth to die in sometimes senseless conflicts, but won't allow them to carry on base to protect themselves and their brothers and sisters in arms.  I'm really curious about something, where did this Saudi pilot get the gun he used in the killings?  Was he allowed to carry on base because of diplomatic reasons or something???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LetFreedomRing said:

They will send them overseas armed to the teeth to die in sometimes senseless conflicts, but won't allow them to carry on base to protect themselves and their brothers and sisters in arms.  I'm really curious about something, where did this Saudi pilot get the gun he used in the killings?  Was he allowed to carry on base because of diplomatic reasons or something???


That's a really good question... and when did we become so politically correct that our servicemen can't carry a weapon? Being blatantly ridiculous is the mark of political correctness. 

Political correctness = intellectual suicide. It is an invention of the left to murder any intelligence within any and every subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Matt In West Virginia said:


That's a really good question... and when did we become so politically correct that our servicemen can't carry a weapon? Being blatantly ridiculous is the mark of political correctness. 

Political correctness = intellectual suicide. It is an invention of the left to murder any intelligence within any and every subject.

 

George bush sr started the process and banned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Claw Hammer said:

Most Republicans are anti gun.  Trump,  both bushes and regan 


I know now that both Bush's were Deep State puppets. The last Bush had me fooled at the time though... That was long before we knew anything about the Deep State, and before Bush revealed his real alliance through his "Bush Foundation" which is now about as left as you can get.

President Trump and Reagan? As far as I know there was nothing anti-Constitutional about Reagan, but I could do with some research on him. President Trump? He has conceded more than I would like in the wake of pressure from the school shootings, but he is mostly untested. I do know he says he is about protecting 2nd Amendment rights. I have to give him an A+ on keeping his word the past 3 years, even exceeding what he has promised. But in all fairness, we'll have to wait and see on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt In West Virginia said:


I know now that both Bush's were Deep State puppets. The last Bush had me fooled at the time though... That was long before we knew anything about the Deep State, and before Bush revealed his real alliance through his "Bush Foundation" which is now about as left as you can get.

President Trump and Reagan? As far as I know there was nothing anti-Constitutional about Reagan, but I could do with some research on him. President Trump? He has conceded more than I would like in the wake of pressure from the school shootings, but he is mostly untested. I do know he says he is about protecting 2nd Amendment rights. I have to give him an A+ on keeping his word the past 3 years, even exceeding what he has promised. But in all fairness, we'll have to wait and see on him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matt In West Virginia said:


I know now that both Bush's were Deep State puppets. The last Bush had me fooled at the time though... That was long before we knew anything about the Deep State, and before Bush revealed his real alliance through his "Bush Foundation" which is now about as left as you can get.

President Trump and Reagan? As far as I know there was nothing anti-Constitutional about Reagan, but I could do with some research on him. President Trump? He has conceded more than I would like in the wake of pressure from the school shootings, but he is mostly untested. I do know he says he is about protecting 2nd Amendment rights. I have to give him an A+ on keeping his word the past 3 years, even exceeding what he has promised. But in all fairness, we'll have to wait and see on him.

RIP Bumpity Boi's  2019 🍺 one for the homies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Claw Hammer said:

Most Republicans are anti gun.  Trump,  both bushes and regan 

 

I agree with your statement... but I think it's bigger than that.  Like the "tip of the iceberg", we see the anti-gun activity... but the bigger picture brings us back to the control of the one world government: the United Nations.  The ultimate objective is to have a beautiful, community of nations, all joined together in making the world a safer more prosperous place. Right???  BULLSHIT.  Most of the countries of the world are salivating to get their hands on the riches this country has produced through hard work, sacrifice and blood.  The United States has sacrificed hundreds of thousands of it young soldiers and billions upon billions of dollars trying to make this world a better place, and our thanks is a pack of jackals waiting at the gate. 

 

Every country we do business with has taken advantage of us; and we've been stupid enough to let them., often with American-based "international corporations" benefiting the most.  That means our wealth has been sucked out of the country to prop up places like China (the #2 economy in the world now) while lining the pockets of huge corporations here at home.   I digress.

 

If you're curious about how it works, look at the EU.  Great Britain has now decided after 25? years, to leave the "pan -european state" because their wealth was being extracted and given to other countries, without them having much say in the matter.  They've had enough, and I'll wager other countries will follow when they see the UK doesn't collapse without the great helping hand of the big bad EU.

 

Take a lesson America.  When you take from the wealthy and GIVE it to the poor, everybody becomes poor.  Donating blood for example is a truly wonderful thing to do... but there limits on how much is safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daniel Roberts said:

Needed to be done a long time ago.
Can you say Ft. Hood ? 
As far as Trump is concerned he is by far the first president that ever attempted to keep promises .
And response time to terror attacks is second to none .
TRUMP 2020
 

He has done some good and some bad.   I expect If he wins in 2020 that he will go more central and push more gun laws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John Last said:

Every country we do business with has taken advantage of us; and we've been stupid enough to let them., often with American-based "international corporations" benefiting the most.  That means our wealth has been sucked out of the country to prop up places like China (the #2 economy in the world now) while lining the pockets of huge corporations here at home. 

 

Here's the thing: Every country we have done business with HAS taken advantage of us. But it wasn't that "we the people" were stupid enough to let them, it was that the Deep State were making these deals with these countries, knowing America would get fleeced... but the Deep State was also getting their cut of the pie along with the other countries. "We the people" were the losers. The Deep State and the other countries were the winners (money-wise).

You can ask Joe Biden why he's been so chummy with China for so long now. One by one we are learning. Joe's son Hunter and John Kerry's son partnered together and got BILLIONS from China in a private business setting... Hunter got a salary that added up to millions from sitting on the board of a company in the Ukraine having ZERO knowledge about that business. Why did they get all that money? Because of favors from Joe Biden, the United States government that "we the people" paid for...

That's just not even the tip of the iceberg in how the Deep State gets compensated for its "deals".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matt In West Virginia said:

 

Here's the thing: Every country we have done business with HAS taken advantage of us. But it wasn't that "we the people" were stupid enough to let them, it was that the Deep State were making these deals with these countries, knowing America would get fleeced... but the Deep State was also getting their cut of the pie along with the other countries. "We the people" were the losers. The Deep State and the other countries were the winners (money-wise).

You can ask Joe Biden why he's been so chummy with China for so long now. One by one we are learning. Joe's son Hunter and John Kerry's son partnered together and got BILLIONS from China in a private business setting... Hunter got a salary that added up to millions from sitting on the board of a company in the Ukraine having ZERO knowledge about that business. Why did they get all that money? Because of favors from Joe Biden, the United States government that "we the people" paid for...

That's just not even the tip of the iceberg in how the Deep State gets compensated for its "deals".

 

You are correct Matt... I should have said, we; as a nation, a country,  the government .  Thus implying, correctly, that we have indeed been sold out by those in charge.  Why?  Because it's part of the "big plan" for the one world government: the New World Order George Bush Sr. was so proud of.  Suck the wealth out of the country until we're just another 3rd world shit hole.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Last said:

 

You are correct Matt... I should have said, we; as a nation, a country,  the government .  Thus implying, correctly, that we have indeed been sold out by those in charge.  Why?  Because it's part of the "big plan" for the one world government: the New World Order George Bush Sr. was so proud of.  Suck the wealth out of the country until we're just another 3rd world shit hole.   

 

Absolutely.

You know, I used to think that whole "George Bush Sr.,  New World Order" thing was just a conspiracy theory... But I was SOOOO wrong. It's as real as I am. It's an real-life, living, breathing, nightmare.

And I do believe the United Nations will be the usher to the one world government. So far, President Trump has been the UN's worst nightmare. So I hold out with hope there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much of everything you posted on Trump being Anti-Gun is taken out of context.

It's even taking cherry picked snippets form news sources who are known to be anti-Trump and spread propaganda to fit a narrative.

If you watched the actual briefings he was placating both sides, he does that a lot, he listens to both sides.

The only thing that was actually done was banning bump-stocks, which arguably does not infringe on anyone's right to own a gun.

Truth is, here we are nearing the end of his 1st term and he hasn't done anything or signed anything which would infringe upon our rights.

Edited by Apoc1980

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...