theXLB13

Fresh out and trying to keep my oath

Hi everyone, my name is Jared. I served 5 years as an mp in the national guard and also happen to believe the the oath I took has no expiration date. 

I'm waiting on ppl to get back to me on any kind of joining up, but in the meantime I'd like to know what I'll need? All my old tactical gear and my first ar15 I ever built I had to sell to cover rent a few years ago and I've never been able to really recover. All I really have is an alice lbe minus ruck and canteen pouches, which of course is still practical, but in the way of defense all I have is my hunting bow. If I were to join, would someone loan me a weapon to train with during ftx or mday training? 

Also to be considered is a pretty serious spine injury that currently keeps me from carrying much atm. Which is fine by me, I'm sure there's other ways I could help out and still train without having to finish destroying my back, but should something like that actually keep me from joining a unit and getting to know the ppl in it?

Thanks for any input from anyone! I almost feel like I'm trying to enlist all over again lmao

Welcome to the forum.  Don't worry about your injury there are always jobs and tasks you can help with.  Get the gear you think you will need when you can, as you can.  Same goes for a weapon.  But if someone in the unit you find trusts you they will probably loan you a rifle to train with till then.  Good luck in your search for a unit.

Welcome.  It sounds like you need to get on your feet financially, before you start to gear up.

An AR15, a couple of thousand rounds of ammunition, a dozen magazines -- all this will run to over a thousand dollars, easily. It may

have to be saved up for.  If there is a local group near you, once you get to know them, you can probably borrow a weapon -- and they might have people who could help you find a job, or deal with the VA, or whatever.  Organization is strength.