Ohio_sheepdog

New Here - Militia Leader

Hello, my name is Tom and I am the leader of the III% Militia. We are a fairly new upstart militia and are trying to set up a state regiment in every state. 

I am willing to listen to any advice offered, and we are actively recruiting. 

If you have any questions, ask away. 

3 minutes ago, Ohio_sheepdog said:

Hello, my name is Tom and I am the leader of the III% Militia. We are a fairly new upstart militia and are trying to set up a state regiment in every state. 

I am willing to listen to any advice offered, and we are actively recruiting. 

If you have any questions, ask away. 

Welcome!  my advice is to start here:

image.png

Here's some advice

Heavily encourage fitness or working out

Do combat drills or exercises like every week or more frequent rather than just once a month. If you can only do once a month try to talk or communicate with your Militiamen with how to lets say fire a gun on their own time or talk about how to move in formation stuff like that.

I know this is plainly obvious but of course prepare and learn about natural water filtration or how to start fires.

Look into your local Police Department are going to confiscate guns or the ATF.

If Boogaloo does come be sure to have camoflauge and be smart. Don't be "Regular Military wise", learn about guerrilla warfare and tactics. The biggest mistakes on the reason why America loses its wars is because they faced Guerrilla or Insurgents that know their terrain, how to coordinate a attack or hit in run. Basically giving the enemy an all time edge everywhere they go.

Welcome.  We need to have lots of discussion about how to start a new group, and how to make it grow.k Where to find your first members. How to evaluate them, to weed out the unsuitable.

I personally think that actual military training is just one of the priorities, and, in fact, at first is not the most important one.   The first priority is getting enough members to actually have a group.  The second is keeping it together, making the members 'jell' with each other, working out a division of labor so one person doesn't have to do everything, making the group one that people will want to keep coming back to, and also continuing to grow.

No one knows the future. We must be prepared for anything.  I don't think that 'guerilla war' will be remotely successful against an

intact American military, and won't be necessary if that military is not intact. Whether or not that happens will depend on political events.

In the meantime, your group must grow.  There are nearly 350 million people in America. About 200 million can vote. About 100 million actually do so.

About 50 million vote 'conservative'/patriotic.  Of those 50 million, about half are men.  A serious militia movement will have a substantial number of women (the American military is now about 15% female) but most will be men.  So of that 50 million, leaving out the very old, there are, say, about 25 million people 'eligible' to be in a militia.  Now if only 3% join, that's 750 000 people.  (Which is  less than half the size of the active duty plus reserves official military).

Are we near 750,000 militia members yet?  Thought not.  So we have a long way to go.

We need to discuss how to publicize ourselves, how to do good 'PR', how to make new members feel welcome, how to keep people coming back.

We need to discuss how to bring in people who are not 'like us'.  (Most militias are made up of white middle-aged males.  Few non-whites, few women, few young people. But we need everyone we can get.  How can we make ourselves attractive and open to people who are only like us in their patriotism?)

We need to discuss how to make use of people who can't, at the moment (perhaps due to job or family commitments) spend the time that regular militia members do. And how to make use of people who are past the low-crawling-under-barbed-wire stage, or who are not psychologically adapted to that, but who could be of immense help.  (Any real military has several people driving forklifts, changing bandages, studying aerial photographs, for every person aiming a rifle.) 

We need to discuss how to be a leader, how to deal with internal conflicts, how to train cadre, how to judge one's success, how to choose new 'projects', how to react to unpredictable events.  A lot of this is not peculiar to a militia group.

Many  of these questions are questions that face any organization: businesses, churches, Boy Scout troops, etc.  And some of them are questions that face any military or quasi-military organization. Which means they've already been considered, and words of wisdom written down. We just have to find them, perhaps modify them for our particular circumstances, and make them available to all.

Your experiences will be of use to everyone.  We hope you contribute to our site, so that we can all help each other.