fixer

Illinois Second Amendment Sanctuary Information

Second Amendment sanctuary, also known as a gun sanctuary, refers to states, counties, or localities in the United States that have adopted laws or resolutions to prohibit or impede the enforcement of certain gun control measures perceived as violative of the Second Amendment such as universal gun background checks, high capacity magazine bans, assault weapon bans, red flag laws, etc.

States and counties that have passed Second Amendment sanctuary laws or resolutions as of January 19, 2020: 

67 out of 102 counties, 2 cities, and 3 townships have adopted Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions:

Adams

Bond

Boone

Brown

Bureau

Calhoun

Christian

Clark

Clay

Clinton

Coles

Crawford

Cumberland

Douglas

Edgar

Edwards

Effingham

Farmer City

Fayette

Ford

Franklin

Gallatin

Greene

Hamilton

Hancock

Hardin

Henderson

Henry

Iroquois

Jasper

Jefferson

Jersey

Johnson

LaSalle

Lawrence

Livingston

Logan

Macon

Macoupin

Madison

Marion

Massac

McDonough

Mercer

Monroe

Montgomery (plus Hillsboro City)

Moultrie

Morgan

O'Fallon Township

Ogle

Perry

Piatt

Pike

Plainfield Township

Pope

Pulaski

Randolph

Richland

Saline

Schuyler

Shelby

St. Clair Township

Stark

Tazewell

Union

Wabash

Washington

Wayne

White

Williamson

Woodford

so what are we expecting to happen or not happen in these 'sanctuaries' 

I think we've already seen the sheriff of one of these send his men to collect the expired FOID and had the wife not had her permission slip the firearms from an older gentleman who let his permission slip lapse  

On 2/5/2020 at 12:23 PM, wtr100 said:

so what are we expecting to happen or not happen in these 'sanctuaries' 

I think we've already seen the sheriff of one of these send his men to collect the expired FOID and had the wife not had her permission slip the firearms from an older gentleman who let his permission slip lapse  

I'm waiting for my FOID to get here.  My current FOID expires on March 1.  However, when I applied online, the State Police stated emphatically that if FOID expired during the re-application phase, they would take no action.

I would like to know what will happen in these 2cd Amendment sanctuaries, also.  My hope would be that ... someday ... we regain Constitutional open and concealed carry, along the lines of Missouri.  But as long as Chicago and the collar counties are part of the State, that is not going to happen.  Too much population.

Your FOID is valid for 60 business pays past expiration  IF you've applied and are otherwise eligible for a permission slip. 

We have already seen a sherrif and his men , in a theoretical Sanctuary County , roll up on a  guy to collect his expired permission slip and had his wide with a valid FOID not been present one would assume that'd have stolen his guns as well.   Much heat came to bear on said Sheriff  and  he publicly back peddled. 

That said while I like the spirit of the sanctuary movement I can't see it making much difference once the state passes more unconstitutional laws