IwillStand

Just your ordinary guy

I joined this site today. I never thought I’d ever be interested in a group like this. I’ve allowed myself to believe that the militia was for religious wing nuts and wanna be militant extremists. 

I’m a driller by trade, father of 2, and a husband. I keep to my own business.  I lead a boring life to most anyone who would be looking in on it.  I’ve never protested.  I’ve never had to take a hard stand for my rights or the rights of others. 

However, this gun grab by Governor Northam has awakened me to the bleak realization that our 2nd Amendment is more than under attack, it’s at risk of being stolen away. 

I’m not a gun owner, though I have bought several for my kids, both male and female. Blindly, I never thought I’d ever be in need of one, as I never have time to hunt(I have taxes to pay), and have always felt secure where I live.  I have trusted God for my safety, and tend to stay away from places and events that are more prone to violence. I not only still believe and trust God for my safety, but also am beginning to believe I must be ready when the fight comes to me.  

Though I feel like a hypocrite for not being a gun owner, I am compelled to take a stand.  My wife and I will be buying weapons for self preservation, as well as those around us if, God forbid, it comes to that point. 

I will continue using this site to remain informed.  Forgive my ignorance about the details of weapons, militias, common jargon, etc. I’m learning.  

18 minutes ago, IwillStand said:

I joined this site today. I never thought I’d ever be interested in a group like this. I’ve allowed myself to believe that the militia was for religious wing nuts and wanna be militant extremists. 

I’m a driller by trade, father of 2, and a husband. I keep to my own business.  I lead a boring life to most anyone who would be looking in on it.  I’ve never protested.  I’ve never had to take a hard stand for my rights or the rights of others. 

However, this gun grab by Governor Northam has awakened me to the bleak realization that our 2nd Amendment is more than under attack, it’s at risk of being stolen away. 

I’m not a gun owner, though I have bought several for my kids, both male and female. Blindly, I never thought I’d ever be in need of one, as I never have time to hunt(I have taxes to pay), and have always felt secure where I live.  I have trusted God for my safety, and tend to stay away from places and events that are more prone to violence. I not only still believe and trust God for my safety, but also am beginning to believe I must be ready when the fight comes to me.  

Though I feel like a hypocrite for not being a gun owner, I am compelled to take a stand.  My wife and I will be buying weapons for self preservation, as well as those around us if, God forbid, it comes to that point. 

I will continue using this site to remain informed.  Forgive my ignorance about the details of weapons, militias, common jargon, etc. I’m learning.  

welcome aboard brother, we were all in your boat at one point or another.

7 hours ago, SecurityGuy42 said:

Welcome to the forum.  There are plenty of non-combat positions in the militia also.  Especially on the logistics side.  I don't doubt you'll find your niche and excel at it.

that is the beauty of the militia for me. Just like the work force, we have a place for everyone to excel.

Ordinary Guy:  we are all ordinary guys, and many of us are very much like you.  I have been very complacent year after year ... I expected things to continue to happen the way they happened all my life: liberals would win for a while, we would win for a while and on it would go.  When the liberals ruled, it wasn't perfect, but, really, it wasn't a catastrophe. But ... things have started to change, and fast.  It's not JFK's Democratic Party any more. It's not even Bill Clinton's.

So it can't hurt to take some precautions.

And as for being 'ordinary guys' ... well, when we read American history, we read about some very EXTRA-ordinary guys: George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin and a dozen others.  Really exceptional men. But ... without tens of thousands of 'ordinary guys', picking up their muskets, with their wives packing up some food and an extra set of clothes and kissing them goodbye as they walked down to the village green to muster with their neighbors ... we would never have heard of the names George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, etc. 

History is made by 'ordinary guys', who respond to extra-ordinary times.

Author of the topic Posted

Well said!  Thanks all. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know y’all better. Looking at a S&W M&P 2.0. Can’t decide if I want the 9mm or the knock down power of the 45acp.  I’ll be moving to my farm in spring when the house is done. I’ll be able to practice with it regularly.