Doug1943

Ha, ha , ha!!! We did it!!! Hooray for us!!!!

Here's how the MSM started off:

==========================================================================================

CBS This Morning
1.13M subscribers
Richmond, Virginia is on high alert this morning before a gun rights rally that local authorities fear could turn violent. The FBI and local law enforcement say they’ve received credible threats of violence. Organizers say tens of thousands of people, including white supremacist groups and militias, may gather in the former confederate capital today, where Democrats are proposing new gun laws.

==========================================================================================

Global News
938K subscribers
State officials and U.S. hate-monitoring groups are warning about the potential for violence ahead of a gun-rights rally in Richamond, Va., on Monday, January 20, that is expected to draw militias, firearms advocates and white nationalists.
WARNING: This is a live event. Video may contain instances of graphic language. Viewer discretion is advised.

But ... their hopes were not realized!!!!

Here is how the New York Times had to report it, after it was over.

New York Times

irginia Gun Rally Live Updates: Fiery Speeches, but No Signs of Violence

Weapons have been banned on the grounds of the Virginia State Capitol, but many pro-gun demonstrators outside the security perimeter are armed.

By Timothy Williams, Sabrina Tavernise, Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Sarah Mervosh

Right Now

Protesters streamed onto the streets of Richmond after speeches on the Capitol grounds.
Here’s what you need to know:

The authorities maintained tight security as advocates rallied for gun rights.
    Despite dire warnings, ‘it was like a family gathering.’
    Rally speakers included a plaintiff in a landmark gun-rights case.
    A scandal that nearly took down the governor was prominent in protest materials.
    No incidents or arrests have been reported so far.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/us/virginia-gun-rally.html

So we've won this battle!

If the militia movement were well organized, then every militia (and similar) unit in the country would organize a public meeting on this event and the Second Amendment, ideally with a rally attender speaking. 

If the militia movement were well organized, then two or three members of each militia unit would be scanning the local press and radio and looking for a chance to write a letter to the editor, pointing out the huge scary 'there will be blood!!!"  "hate groups!!!"  "White nationalists"  b.s. of the mainstream media, and inviting readers and listeners to draw the obvious conclusions.

There's a lesson here for all the people who (sincerely) said, "Don't go, stay home, it's a set up!"  and also for those who argued that the Mainstream Media would just distort the event beyond reality. The fact is, they couldn't. They had to report more or less the truth: thousands and thousands of ordinary Americans, your neighbors, rallying in defense of the Constitution.

The battlefield of publicity has not yet been conquered by our enemies, and it's one we must learn to fight on successfully. This rally set a terrific precedent for how to do things, and what image to project.

Looking forward to the next engagement.

Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, Mitch Conner said:

I hope he saves some tail for the rest of us!

Tsk, tsk.

You know that leftist females are not at all attracted to strong, masculine men.  Of course they prefer their own:

Like this gentleman:

Image result for 'pajama boy'

Or this one:

image.jpeg.cfb3bd943a32a98c185e3f800034e7ef.jpeg

This rally was a major victory for us in the optics fight.  I'm proud of everyone that was able to make it.  (And still thoroughly pissed my buddies backed out on me on going)

If anyone made it to the rally today, please message me with the following:  What were your observations of the event?   What do you consider are some lessons learned for us in the militia?

I already sent messages to Matt in West Virginia and also Delaware Patriot(thru other sources).

Don't let your guard down.  This was just one battle.  The Demoncrats will ignore what happened today and still pass their gun control wet dreams.  A hot fight can still happen from this.  Everyone still needs to remain on Minuteman status with their gear packed ready to go at a moments notice.

Watch: Virginia gun rights activists speak out during Second Amendment rally

foxnews.com/us/virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally

I can't post videos anymore.

2 hours ago, e.c.c. said:

Watch: Virginia gun rights activists speak out during Second Amendment rally

foxnews.com/us/virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally

I can't post videos anymore.

i think only youtube embeds

7 hours ago, NightMaster said:

I'm not seeing a win for anyone here, tbh. its only embolden the next state. how many trips do we have in us to a state rally? 

Of course it was a win for us!  It emboldens OUR SIDE in the next state.

49 to go ?... Atually fewer, since not every state is dominated by the Left, and maybe -- fingers crossed -- even fewer will be after November.

And ... we have to be tactical -- attack your enemy's weak points first, leave his strongest points for last.

Forget New York and California  (sorry, if you live there), go after the 'Virginias' that are left.

It's like battlefield triage, which all battlefield medical people will know:  leave the lightly wounded for last, put the almost-certain-to-die in a corner and just make them comfortable, and concentrate your limited resources on the ones who might die, or lose a limb, without immediate attention.

Let's be clear: this was a tremendous victory.  I monitor some other political debate sites, where you have plenty of loud-mouthed Lefties and this SHUT THEIR MOUTHS.  Had few people turned up, or had there been violence, they would have been crowing.  As it was, it was another  "What??? HIllary LOST???? That's Impossible!"  experience for them.

51 minutes ago, LetFreedomRing said:

I was loving all the full battle rattle in attendance!  I thought that did a lot more for the cause than just bodies.

I was initially skeptical about that, and thought people should leave their long arms at home, as the VCDL urged.

But after seeing the demonstration on the news, I think you're right.

What it did was to 'normalize' these scary-looking weapons. There were thousands of ordinary Americans, smiling, just being themselves -- your neighbors -- but with their ARs or whatever slung over their back.   (That guy with the .50 Barrett is priceless!) 

It's as if a country had never had many automobiles, and most people had only seen an automobile when it was on TV, having been involved in a deadly crash,

"Ban automobiles!" might be a popular cry.  But once they saw images of countries where everyone owns an automobile, and where most people don't crash them into each other, they might become more open to the idea of having one themselves.

I wonder what AR15 sales are like right now?

4 hours ago, LetFreedomRing said:

I was loving all the full battle rattle in attendance!  I thought that did a lot more for the cause than just bodies.

Me too.  I do have to say though, that every person attending had to decide if they would go in civvies or kitted out.  I'll wager most of them had the gear, but chose not to "provoke" any kind of response from authorities, by wearing it.  Purely a judgement call, but I agree with you, it would have been impressive!!  By all accounts, it would have a full division (if not more)... even excluding those over age or otherwise not fit for or interested in "active service" in the Militia.

Again, my respects to all those attending.  Outstandingly Well Done People!!

7 hours ago, e.c.c. said:

It's like the U.S. military in a way. We show what we're capable of and it's a deterrent. Basically, we didn't start it, but we'll be glad to finish it.

Just not sure we showed them anything.  You gave up a lot of metadata and information.  We showed that we can play nice and be helpful but they already knew that about us.  They know we wont risk going wild or nuts.  We lost those Bill's to laws and every other state will fall now.. 

It's just a issue I guess and time will tell

Many of us knew the bills will pass regardless.  What mattered was not looking weak in front of our enemy.  If the militia and Patriots didn't show up it would have only emboldened them to push even harder and faster now with their agenda.  But now they have to take into account that we are willing to fight to resist when the time comes.

As for the metadata, they already know who we all are.  And you have only yourself to blame for that.  You obviously are on the web and they monitor EVERYTHING and every post you do.  Facebook, twitter, instagram, etc... just meant for you to tell them all about yourself and what your stance is.  If you bought any firearms from a licensed dealer they have the 4473 showing them you own firearms along with the make, model, caliber, serial number.  You pay income taxes? They know where you work and also where you live because of postal service for verification of what your employer has on your W-2.  They already had the data.