LetFreedomRing

FRAS, DRAGON SKIN 2.0?

It seems cool but as someone that's been wearing Safelife vests for the last 2.5-3 years I'm going to have to pass.  The warranty is awesome but every 6-8 months I'm sending something back for falling apart.  I'm not even that hard on my gear.  The carrier just isn't durable enough.  And, for that price, I'm just going to go find a plate carrier that fits me more comfortably, is more durable, and stuff in some universal armor for a fraction of the price.  I would be on board if the FRAS could fit into other vests or they had inserts for universal plate carriers.  

Author of the topic Posted
5 hours ago, Clockwork Imp said:

It seems cool but as someone that's been wearing Safelife vests for the last 2.5-3 years I'm going to have to pass.  The warranty is awesome but every 6-8 months I'm sending something back for falling apart.  I'm not even that hard on my gear.  The carrier just isn't durable enough.  And, for that price, I'm just going to go find a plate carrier that fits me more comfortably, is more durable, and stuff in some universal armor for a fraction of the price.  I would be on board if the FRAS could fit into other vests or they had inserts for universal plate carriers.  

Thanks for the feedback, in what capacity were you wearing this vest and how much often?  Anyone else have any real time experience with these?

23 hours ago, LetFreedomRing said:

Thanks for the feedback, in what capacity were you wearing this vest and how much often?  Anyone else have any real time experience with these?

I work as armed security.  I've bounced around within the same company doing some patrol work, SSO/SRO work in various schools, and some security at a local university.  Previously I worked as much as 50-70 hour weeks but due to scheduling conflicts I've been reduced to 32 hour weeks for the past year and a half.  

I want to toss out the disclaimer that I haven't used the FRAS plates specifically.  Just the older, conventional soft plates that Safelife defense offers.  I have not used their external carriers either; just the concealed armor.   I will say that they ARE more comfortable than my previous concealed rigs.