wquon

Full Auto vs plates

Why do I talk up steel ballistic plates?

Reasons;

Ceramic vs full auto - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0dokbM0PYc

(keep in mind all the fragmentation that is flying off)

Steel vs full auto - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnm8IsU5M0c

I have not found a Polyethylene vs full auto, but an educated guess would say it holds up better than ceramic, but not as well as steel.

If the situation arises in which one can not order armor, steel plates will be your best friend.

3+ Steel and a Condor MOPC carrier... great bang for the buck.  No reason aside from some economic hardship or machismo to not have a basic setup.  I know there is some debate about side plates... added armor vs. mobility and speed.  At a minimum, you should have your chest and back covered.  Side plates are recommended if you can swing the few extra bucks.  

I have the build up coat on front and side plates.  Only place I skimped was on my back plate with a base coat.  Figured the likelihood of fragments hitting me off of my back plate was lower than my chest plate.  I don't have my face hanging out over my back plate... if my face is... it's too late for that back plate to help me.  

Author of the topic Posted

@ modernpaladin as you wish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUHbe90nLg&t=570s

they just finished up with pre orders, so you missed out there. but itll be back on the site soon.

@ Claw Hammer pick a few good companies to follow & watch them. they usually have deals throughout the year that can get you under $600 easy.

6 hours ago, Claw Hammer said:

I would like to find almost a decent high cut bump helmet at this point cause I can't afford 600 for kevlar

Here you go.  Bump for $199

https://www.hardheadveterans.com/collections/tactical-helmet-hard-head-veterans/products/tactical-helmet-ate-bump

Kevlar is $465

On 1/25/2020 at 7:04 AM, wquon said:

@ modernpaladin as you wish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUHbe90nLg&t=570s

they just finished up with pre orders, so you missed out there. but itll be back on the site soon.

@ Claw Hammer pick a few good companies to follow & watch them. they usually have deals throughout the year that can get you under $600 easy.

I just ordered a 1982 M71/79 SWISS Army steel helmet for $70 to tide me over until AR500 has the militia helmet re-available, but with rails and NV mount (which they claim will be early this year).

swiss army steel helmet.jpg

Author of the topic Posted
On 1/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, RevRifleman said:

3+ Steel and a Condor MOPC carrier... great bang for the buck.  No reason aside from some economic hardship or machismo to not have a basic setup.  I know there is some debate about side plates... added armor vs. mobility and speed.  At a minimum, you should have your chest and back covered.  Side plates are recommended if you can swing the few extra bucks. 

My personal preference  is to stay away from those styles of carriers. I've done the full monkey suite thing and it suck. My current location is not only just as hot, but its humid. having a minimal (or at least more vented) carrier is a must. I have the AR500 Veritas which is minimal, but if the need arises I have the option of going cumber bun with side plates. I dont run side plates due to low stat chance of getting hit there, & the risk v reward of having a lighter setup that has higher mobility appeals to me more.

I'd rather be able to get behind cover quicker lol

7 hours ago, wquon said:

My personal preference  is to stay away from those styles of carriers. I've done the full monkey suite thing and it suck. My current location is not only just as hot, but its humid. having a minimal (or at least more vented) carrier is a must. I have the AR500 Veritas which is minimal, but if the need arises I have the option of going cumber bun with side plates. I dont run side plates due to low stat chance of getting hit there, & the risk v reward of having a lighter setup that has higher mobility appeals to me more.

I'd rather be able to get behind cover quicker lol

There is a time and place for armor, base security, short range foot patrol (under 2-3 miles round trip) and during motorized transport / patrolling.  For medium and long range foot patrols and operations it's not practical carrying that much extra weight, the cons start "outweighing" the pros.  In a situation when in a big overwhelmingly powerful force, where personal speed and mobility will not often be a factor it makes sense to be armored up pretty much everywhere you travel.  The militia fighting in their own country will be similar to the small groups of people fighting without armor and air support in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.  In such scenarios the ability to strike, get the hell out and blend back into the civilian population or at least get to a safe hideout quickly will be more the norm.  A militia will most often be using guerrilla tactics except when supporting a larger more well equipped force in a static defense or major battle.