LetFreedomRing

Sub $300 Glock Gen 3 Clone By Palmetto State Armory

Can anyone say game changer!  

Sub $300 Glock Gen 3 Clone By Palmetto State Armory

Recently the patent on the Glock Gen 3 pistol has run out and Palmetto State Armory is starting up manufacturing their own clone of it.  The PSA PS9-DAGR will accept Glock Magazines.  The main differences is that the PS9-DAGR comes standard with steel sights and uses a hinged trigger instead of the Glock style trigger safety.  All for under $300.00!

PALMETTO STATE ARMORY PS9 DAGGER: $300 GLOCK KILLER:

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2020/01/22/palmetto-state-armory-ps9-dagger/

A $300 Glock? The PSA DAGR Gen 3 Glock-type Pistol [SHOT Show 2020]

When Is the PS9 Shipping?

March 2020.

Author of the topic Posted
31 minutes ago, wquon said:

time will tell

Yup, I'm gonna wait until there are several good shooting reviews on it before I pop.  As long as their QC is good though this should be a winner.

I would say we should know something by the end of the year as far as their reliability - I want to know how it holds up and shoots 2500 rounds later. I do predict PSA will have some initial production shortages, so that price point may hold or may not. One thing with this type of pistol is if it's hot and develops a really big fan base early on and people will get stupid buying them at ridiculous prices, especially if the availability is spotty. 

I like PSA, and hope they have a winner with this one. At $299 it pretty much kills the "all I can afford is a hi-point" argument.

I ended up going with a new GEN 5 G19 Glock because I realized it is backward compatible on earlier generation magazines, but the PSA version wouldn't be able to use Glock GEN 5 magazines.  Still if that isn't a concern for you this could end up being a very fine alternative to the Glock brand on the earlier generations.  

The DAGR release date has been pushed back to May, but honestly given the way PSA is swamped with backorders and the plauge circus impacting supply chains I wouldn't hold my breath.

PS9 Dagger Launch Update With Josiah And Dusty Of Palmetto State Armory

Personally I couldn't wait, I got a newer improved version of Gen 5 G19 without the front strap cut out, with the stock Ameriglo night sights 3 months ago before the run but for those of you still waiting for this: