Author of the topic Posted

I am a member of the Tea Party,

a founding member of 'Oath Keepers'

a founding member of 'Oath Keepers - Liberty Tree'

a member of the Templar Knights of North America

former Asst S-3 (Civil Engr) of the 36th Engr Bn (Const), Vietnam, 1971

40+ years PE - IL, PA, IN, KS, CO

What is the difference between 'Oath Keepers' and 'Oath Keepers - Liberty Tree'?

I see you were/are an engineer.  Do you think there would be any value in a document for militia groups on the subject of combat engineering?  I'm thinking of something that briefly gives a history of the Combat Engineers, explains what it is they do, and then gives some advice to the group about how it can aquire engineering capacity.  (Keeping in mind that -- according to me at least -- a local militia group should ready to be available in natural and man made emergencies and disasters, engineering capacity would be critical.)

I'm not an engineer, but I'm thinking about things a simple as pry bars, shovels and axes, chain saws, lumber for reinforcing structures, the expertise and tools for dealing with power lines, etc.  Plus access to all-terain vehicles, perhaps with winches.  But as I say, I'm no engineer.  What are your thoughts on this?

Wonderful. I think your skills are in short supply   Medics and engineers and comms people are probably in great demand, or should be in any serious militia unit that actually wants to develop the ability to engage in prompt and sustained combat.

Here's the problem, though: there are hundreds of militia groups spread out from Alaska to Florida, California to Maine.  You can't be everywhere, and the marvellous medical people who have signed up can't be everywhere.

So ... we need to try to allow groups that don't have people like you, or like our RN and other medics, to learn as much as they can from your knowledge.  Which means, I believe, that we need to produce some documents on these topics, specifically for militia units.  To some extent we can read and digest things like the Combat Engineer's Handbook, and rewrite the information from a militia point of  view; but we also need people with actual practical experience to contribute to it.

~And ... we need to make some YouTube videos, if the right ones don't exist. 

And ... if the militia movement gets organized enough ... I can see having regional summer schools at various places in the US, where people can come for a week or two or three, and get some hands-on training in these subjects. 

It's my belief that Hollywood has shaped a lot of our thinking: war movies tend to show the 'action' (highly sanitized) -- but the efforts of the supporting arms are not shown.

How did that batallion get across that river, with all the bridges blown?  How was that enemy armored column prevented from using that road? How is it that 500 men in the field get fed day after day after day -- they didn't carry two months' supply of food on their backs.  How did our trucks get to them, when the road had been rendered impassable by the enemy?  It's not glamorous to show the engineers who made all that possible, so Hollywood vanishes them from their movies.  But in real life, no engineers, no effective fighters.

I believe that every substantial, serious miiltia unit, of more than a couple of dozen people, needs to start accumulating an  virtual 'engineering equipment depot' -- things like chain saws, etc. that can be bought cheaply in second-hand shops -- held by individuals, but able to be brought together in a mobile workshop quickly.

I would be interested in your thougths on this.

Author of the topic Posted

Also, a modified Polish  Molotov Cocktail: place gasoline  wine bottle about 2/3 full. Fill the remainder with battery acid. Place balloon over mouth of bottle.  Put equal amounts of sugar and potassium chlorate  in a cup. Place wine bottle upside down in cup. When acid eats thru balloon, the acid and sugar mix will ignite the gasoline. Place black powder around the cup and bottle for a delayed explosion.  Put behind gas meter.

Black powder slow burning good cratering.

Anhydrous ammonia slow burning good cratering.