It used to be that everyone in a neighborhood or small town knew each other well, and used the information to help and look out for one another, whereas now, it is more insidious or ulterior motive.

It pays to know who is who, including at work.

To look up where people live and what they own, reference '(desired county)  gis', or parcel report, land ownership, etc.

One hidden factor about FBI agents, and likely other intelligence people, is that they often are part of a civilian company, even full time agents, though proxies, which can be part time, are also and may actually work at the place listed.

One agent I know, stationed in a different state, is listed on his Facebook page as working for Honda. Some years back, FBI Special Agent Steve Kell was listed online as working for some factory in Fort Wayne, I think near I469 lower.

Most probably do not work/list as being on the production floor, but rather in management. They are often performing undercover duties with utility companies, just about everywhere, especially CIA affiliates.

Quite a few are not active as street agents, but are observers mainly, even schoolteachers.

Edited by Todd A. Slee
addition