LetFreedomRing

The New Beretta 92x - A New Era For Beretta?

Author of the topic Posted
8 hours ago, wquon said:

to each his own, but those style of pistols are outdated tech to me.

I don't own a Beretta myself and my unit was just beginning to transition from the Colt .45 when I got out, specifically what style of tech are you referring to on this pistol?  Rotating barrel lockup, SA/DA, hammer fired or something else?  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, wquon said:

@ LetFreedomRing 9mm striker fired that doesn't have levers & switches all over it. this is the way.

I understand your point and reasoning.  I personally prefer a hammer fired DA/SA with a decocker for the single action lighter smoother trigger and second strike capability on misfires, but striker fired is simpler and easier to operate overall.  My unit is starting to standardize on Glock 19 / 17 and now possibly the new PSA Glock 19 clone one of which I will be getting before the year is over, for reasons of parts and magazine compatibility / availability as well as general ease of use.  Still I love my SIG P226 Elite and will never get rid of it.  I know there are currently more Glocks out there at the moment, but with the SIG P320 being the current armed forces service pistol and gaining ground in police forces, maybe we should consider standardizing on the P320 in stead of the Glock.  I'll probably end up getting one of each a Glock 19 and SIG P320 eventually to be good either way.  

1 hour ago, wquon said:

@ LetFreedomRing itll probably be a hot minute before anything passes up how many glocks are out there.

might I suggest (if your not already doing it) making G17 mags the standard since they can fit G26,19,17,45, & 45X.

OK, but you totally ruined my excuse to get one of each....  :D

Those two on the right are actually Girsan Regard 9s. Identical to the 92A1 in every way except the slide and barrel/locking mech is angled instead of straight. I replaced the grips on the top one with ergo's and put a Beretta G decocker kit in it.  Sportsmansguide was selling them for around $300 so, I snagged both finishes on their 4 pay plan.  Great pistols for the price and they both came with 2 18 round Mecgar 92 anti-friction mags.