fixer

ACM Units Now Forming - First Regiments

Anyone here in  740 in need of assistance I am able to provide some limited help if you "need" it  ? If you are a shut in or  just in need of something If I can safely do so just let me know !! A few  Winston Churchill  quotes come to mind and he once so famously stated  " We have nothing to fear But fear itself " , Stay informed , Confirm , Always confirm what you are hearing for yourself dont spread rumours , stay home (if possible) and dont spread the flu !!  instead of of falling apart like a bunch of morons I mysellf am hoping that this turns out to be " Our Finest Hour"  as well ! Pay it Forward ........ and God Bless America !!740.png.acd5102b193cf1e57eef5072051d8a15.png

Anyone with any experience in emergency services would realize plain text, plain language is the way to go. Unless it is understood and used by everyone (and if it hits the fan you'll eventually rely on others). When it hits the fan you'll revert back to what is instinctive, habitual and natural and any miscommunication, misunderstanding or misinterpretation can be disastrous. Hence why I'm looking for stable, sane, trained, mature and experienced preppers who focus on the task or issue at hand and leave the BS or drama out of it. This isn't TV and no, it won't be "fun".

The next few weeks is going to make us or break us from what I am hearing , I think we will get this hunkered down shit down pat and some good is going to come of it ! I have to hope people get their heads outta their asses  and realize the severity of this , I seen all those Spring Breaker's living it up down there in Florida and remembered myself at that age 

I was indestructable too and serving in the U.S. Navy lol yep indestructable  ! They said those kids will be redelivering the bug back when they come back home !

740.png.acd5102b193cf1e57eef5072051d8a15.png

@ Ratchet1957 Most people don't really even understand what quarantine means, let alone actually being able to follow it.  No, folks, there is no, "just a short visit - just a little hug - just a little bit infected" any more than there is, "just a little bit dead".  Argh. 

Edited by Cubemonkey
Half baked thought didn't come out right.

In the Navy this would be handled  under NBC warfare guidelines and enclosed systems would take over filtering the contaminants and such in places so equipped  .NBC , not the network lol Nuclear , Biological and Chemical ! On top of all this Flu BS my power went off out here in the county and the other  nite and blew one of my pvc fittings when it cycled back on and had back pressure ! Ran the generator till the power came back on didnt know we didnt have any running water til late yesterday afternoon ! Sucks 2 B me but at least I had a little water put back !

Edited by Ratchet1957

5 hours ago, Ratchet1957 said:

The next few weeks is going to make us or break us from what I am hearing , I think we will get this hunkered down shit down pat and some good is going to come of it ! I have to hope people get their heads outta their asses  and realize the severity of this , I seen all those Spring Breaker's living it up down there in Florida and remembered myself at that age 

I was indestructable too and serving in the U.S. Navy lol yep indestructable  ! They said those kids will be redelivering the bug back when they come back home !

740.png.acd5102b193cf1e57eef5072051d8a15.png

They should have rounded up every one of the stupid, selfish, unthoughtful spring breakers on the beach in their bathing suits and put them in a fenced in area and kept them there under quarantine for 14 days and then tested them and let them leave if checked out negative for three straight days! Next damn time, they would understand what stay at home means!

47 minutes ago, PATRIOT III%NATION NATION WIDE said:

Carroll county,  at your service 

PATRIOT  III %  NATION 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268039950583380/

When my insignia is ready,  I would like to get some window stickers,  and shirts made if that is permissible 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:14 PM, 1041 said:

In 304 lewisburg wv. I guess it is going to be me and mine. I have dug in a little but there's no help on this mountain. So good luck brother's and sisters stay safe and well. 

I sent you an invite to the Three04, Sir. 

On 3/20/2020 at 2:38 AM, Ratchet1957 said:

Anyone here in  740 in need of assistance I am able to provide some limited help if you "need" it  ? If you are a shut in or  just in need of something If I can safely do so just let me know !! A few  Winston Churchill  quotes come to mind and he once so famously stated  " We have nothing to fear But fear itself " , Stay informed , Confirm , Always confirm what you are hearing for yourself dont spread rumours , stay home (if possible) and dont spread the flu !!  instead of of falling apart like a bunch of morons I mysellf am hoping that this turns out to be " Our Finest Hour"  as well ! Pay it Forward ........ and God Bless America !!740.png.acd5102b193cf1e57eef5072051d8a15.png

The 'nothing to fear' quote is FDR actually.  Churchill was far more eloquent, and you're right to reference him. Note that his mother was an American.

Here is a good source for Churchill quotes:https://www.keepinspiring.me/winston-churchill-quotes/

My favorite is what he wrote after learning about Pearl Harbor. He -- and everyone in Britain -- understood immediately that it meant that Britain would no longer stand alone against the Nazis. (The Russians were now fighting the Nazis as well, but were not, at that time, doing very well.)

Here is what he wrote:

Silly people, and there were many, not only in enemy countries, might discount the force of the United States. Some said they were soft, others that they would never be united. They would fool around at a distance. They would never come to grips. They would never stand bloodletting. Their democracy and system of recurrent elections would paralyse their war effort. They would be just a vague blur on the horizon to friend or foe. Now we should see the weakness of this numerous but remote, wealthy, and talkative people. But I had studied the American Civil War, fought out to the last desperate inch. American blood flowed in my veins. I thought of a remark which Edward Grey had made to me more than thirty years before—that the United States is like ‘a gigantic boiler. Once the fire is lighted under it there is no limit to the power it can generate. Being saturated and satiated with emotion and sensation, I went to bed and slept the sleep of the saved and thankful.

[Source:   https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.edu/sleep-of-the-saved-and-thankful-2/  ]