Scrape

919 kick-off thread for open content

This thread will function as an ice breaker to get the ball rolling and give this unit a place to talk about anything you want.  There are no rules and you can discuss anything from your favorite cupcake recipe to guerrilla warfare tactics.  We are all truly neighbors here so if a sensitive matter becomes heated then we should all take a big breath to move past it and agree to disagree.  I am one that believes in free speech that will also serve to get out frustration and bad blood so we all can stay united in the cause.  We are all different in our own way but I think we all have found a common thread in this unit to be a part of a team that will serve the community with honor and distinction.  My Militia is the leader of the group to help keep us focused on the common goal of local militia formation that is nationally unified.  We all are volunteers here so that alone makes each and every one of us special.  No one person is above the group IMO and I hope and pray that we all can come to a final agreement on issues that concern all of us.  Flexibility is the key to success but all decisions have to pass the litmus test and serve the group and it's goals for positive results.  There is more than one way to skin a cat, but in the end, the cat get's skinned!  I am confident that this site can also serve to arbitrate any disagreements we find difficult to resolve on our own.  That is my 2 cent contribution to this thread and I am excited about everyone's interest to form a militia in our area.

Author of the topic Posted

I will volunteer to be the first one to post in this thread as an introduction.  I'm not going to discuss anything personal about me here IE: where I work, my real name or my home address.  I think we all have to remember that this forum is open to public eyes and all people may not agree with this formation.  God forgive me but my home address I submitted on my profile is the local police station for anonymity purposes.  When we all finally meet in person, we can all speak freely.  I suggest that you all follow this rule because I would not want any of you to fall prey to some left wing radical commie liberal that seeks to destroy your life for what you believe in.

I am an older, but have not established a place for my rocking chair on the porch yet.  I was raised and have spent a little more than half my life in the northern states.  I have been here in Granville County the whole time since I moved here.  I am married and my kids are all grown up and have married also.   I am a Certified Carpenter and have worked commercial construction most of my life in various capacities but mostly supervision in General Contracting.  I changed careers when the housing bubble burst and have not looked back since.  I am one of those older guys that can do practically anything and I try to be self sufficient whenever I can.   Guns, knives, gear & survival are my major interests and archery is my latest endeavor that I have rekindled from my youth lately.  I love my God & Country but try not to judge people that are different than I am and do not push those beliefs on others but lead by example.  I have high moral standards for myself but believe that everyone is responsible for their own actions and will face the wrath of God in the end.  As long as you don't have ill intent on me then we are cool.  I am not a very social creature by nature and my family keeps me busy between my chores and interests in my personal life.  I try to keep my life uncomplicated and choose the high road to reduce stress & conflict.  I am a straight shooter and will tell you what I think when asked but will not tell you what you want to hear, with diplomacy in mind.

There are no one size fits all firearms.  I am old school for the most part but my favorite mid range rifle that I will have with me during most life threatening scenario's will be an AK in 7.62x39.  I love the UZI for a sub gun (yes I know it's heavy but it's simple and reliable).  My favorite auto loading sidearm is the Para 14-45 but I share the spot with a Beretta 92, depending on how I will feel at the time.   The Mossberg 590A1 is the winner for me in the home defense spot.   In times of peace, I currently carry a FNS-9C mostly for concealment but have been known to pack a 44 magnum also LOL.   I like all firearms, and yes, hunting  changes the choices but that's another whole set of favorites. 

I forgot to add that I believe that the only qualification that you have to have to be apart of this unit is that your an American who wishes to serve the group.  It doesn't matter what the color of your skin is, gender, religious affiliation (if any), sexual preference, political affiliation (if any), 18 years of age min but children must be accompanied by a parent during selective firearm training sessions, if any, with safety in mind & there are no minimum experience qualifications.  Families are encouraged to get involved because we all need their support.  Everyone has a contribution and it does not have to be firearm related.  I believe that this will be an opportunity for people to grow and we all can share our strengths to make that happen.  Together all can make this group something special and there can be various levels of involvement because we all have a life to juggle in reality.  We can not only take pride in being a member of this unit but we need to change the minds of how outsiders perceive Militias and their role in the community.  Your thoughts?

Good day everyone. My name is John Donnelly I moved from FL to NC in 2015. I been on this site for a year now. Tried to join a couple militias but everyone was to selfish or lazy to reply or start a group near me. I am using this site to be properly trained and stay in shape. It will be nice to have a group to train with and befriend. I was in the Marines as my picture represents. Currently i am out of shape but 1 month of hard exercising should restore my body.  I do truly believe in the bible and think we are nearing the tribulation. How our country is proceeding we can see how Evil is considered Good and Good is considered Evil. I would like to focus training on tactical movements, combatives and survival gear / techniques. I enjoy construction, mechanics, farming and computers. In the past i had only one person reach out to me and come out to my land but he was a pathalogical liar and delusional so after that meeting he and i stopped communication. 

20 minutes ago, JFD0nn3lly said:

Good day everyone. My name is John Donnelly I moved from FL to NC in 2015. I been on this site for a year now. Tried to join a couple militias but everyone was to selfish or lazy to reply or start a group near me. I am using this site to be properly trained and stay in shape. It will be nice to have a group to train with and befriend. I was in the Marines as my picture represents. Currently i am out of shape but 1 month of hard exercising should restore my body.  I do truly believe in the bible and think we are nearing the tribulation. How our country is proceeding we can see how Evil is considered Good and Good is considered Evil. I would like to focus training on tactical movements, combatives and survival gear / techniques. I enjoy construction, mechanics, farming and computers. In the past i had only one person reach out to me and come out to my land but he was a pathalogical liar and delusional so after that meeting he and i stopped communication. 

Welcome to the group sir and I can only speak for myself here in saying a heart felt thank you for your service to our Country and offering your service again.  I hope you will stay with this group for yourself and others.  Your words ring true and reflect good character for all to follow.  I was praying that someone like you would come along because you sir have the training and attitude we need to be a leader.  If at anytime the group finds members to be unstable and out of character for the role, I will call to muster a vote for possible discharge from service.  We have to trust one another and be of sound mind to operate as a team member of a militia unit or we will fail.  I will ask God to grant me the wisdom to do the right thing in this early formation and to allow us to prosper with his blessings.  As you probably know,  early formation of a group will be difficult and we must accept people at their word until we become more regimented.  Early requirements will be to legally possess a firearm and swear to uphold the Constitution.   John, I am asking for your help to accept a role as a leader to  help others with a goal to emulate and achieve, as much as possible, what you have already accomplished in the Marines.  I will hope that everyone will support me in this and I myself will work to get in better shape also so we all can also receive as much as we are giving.  Please advise? 

I would lead the group until we have a more qualified person or someone that has more experience. I live out in the country so i do have land to train on. Currently am looking to rent a backhoe to start a firing lane. Also i believe we should each focus on a subject to teach the group. Another idea is to start a fund for the 919 group and have 2 or 3 people go to the bank and sign ownership to a joint account so money can be stored safely. Unless someone proves to be trustworthy. 

17 minutes ago, JFD0nn3lly said:

I would lead the group until we have a more qualified person or someone that has more experience. I live out in the country so i do have land to train on. Currently am looking to rent a backhoe to start a firing lane. Also i believe we should each focus on a subject to teach the group. Another idea is to start a fund for the 919 group and have 2 or 3 people go to the bank and sign ownership to a joint account so money can be stored safely. Unless someone proves to be trustworthy. 

Super and many thanks!  I will request that leadership is officially transferred to you.  All great ideas and I will check with my son-in law who works for Gregory Poole and see if we can get a special rate for a backhoe and then price compare around.  This rental should be funded through the Militia account as an amenity exchange for the use of the property.  We are off to a great start!  Yes, Our Country is in trouble and I fear for the future of the Republic

Just an idea,  we could advertise for clean fill wanted.  This way you don't have to create low spots from removing soil for the berm which would allow water to pool.  A contractor bringing in the fill would most likely bring in a dozer and create anything you want.   It will also be compacted better and shaped nicely.  A temporary road would have to be established to the area

Yeah if you know someone or somehow to acomplish it then that would be great.  As for group meetings i beleive a minimum of once every 2 - 3 weeks for a 8 hour session. We can try to wait a month for more acolytes or start soon and get a idea of how to proceed.

Sounds like a plan brother and we can assess the property with topography and resources in mind to bring ideas together.  I mentioned the clean fill also because it would most likely be totally free in hopes of a project near by that has to remove spoils from the site

Good morning. Welcome to the group. I beleive the people in power definatly like this situation. I heard on the news "This will be the new normal" not The situation will be handled. 

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day.

While I am in no shape to "train" with a militia group.  I would like to help in any other way that I am able.  All the while, working to get back in shape.

While in the Navy, I was an electrician and worked to keep the generators and other equipment working so that our ship was always ready to fight.

If you all plan for a meet and greet event anywhere in the triangle area, shoot me a note.

In an insane society, the sane man must appear insane...  -- Mr. Spock

Hey Everyone. I’m new here. Live in the RDU area. Looking to be a part of something positive and stand up for the constitution and stand against riots / Antifa etc... Anyway I can help let me know. I am not current or former military for LEO but I do support. 

I’m in raleigh check out 

On 6/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, Joe Mennella said:

Hey Everyone. I’m new here. Live in the RDU area. Looking to be a part of something positive and stand up for the constitution and stand against riots / Antifa etc... Anyway I can help let me know. I am not current or former military for LEO but I do support. 

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group and interested in getting further involved for the cause. I currently live in the Smithfield area and will soon be moving back Goldsboro. I have no military background, but come from a family with a military background. It frustrates me more and more each day to see the ridiculous mess going on in this country. It seems like it's the liberal way or the highway. Progressive? They are far from it as I see them as a group anarchists who have no respect, morals or self pride, and most importantly, no patriotism. My family helped fight for the freedoms we have today. From WWll to Desert Shield/Storm. Again, thank you for the add. A plus that I do have on my side is I have 7+ years in EMS, full time firefighter now. So training on rapid trauma would be my expertise or specialty or whatever the hell you want to call it. Look forward to communicating more with the group.

Edited by dbird777

Dbird, i Live in Franklinton but work in Smithfield.  Im gonna try and make it to Carthage next Saturday but if you or anyone is down, i train pretty much every weekend in Bunn Level(near Lillington) at PSR with my SOF buddies.  Hoping we can get a meeting going so we can form an active squad and be prepared for whatever hell we will likely face in the next 18 months.  Im only 33 but ive never seen the country so divided and we are on borrowed time before it gets ugly. 

Now would be a good time to contemplate why is America worth defending. What is 919 Militias mission statement and what would we defend. How will you and I be valuable to our citizens and group. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Are you ready to fight and die? 

America is worth defending because it is the only country where you have choices. Protecting our freedoms written from the constitution that the left is trying to take from people who are decent people and follow the laws. The left is also causing issues between the races to turn on one another and brainwash the sheep who follow. What happening in this nation is sad and upsetting and it burns me to the core. People rioting, being funded by the far left to cause mayhem, tearing down history that made this country and tells a story. Me as a firefighter to see people spit, spray paint and destroy 9/11 memorials, military monuments, etc. It enrages me to my core. Seeing innocent people and law enforcement being attacked or killed is crazy. What we should defend is the weak, police, the innocent and our history as well as our constitutional rights. As far as my strengths would be tactical first aid and some martial arts such as judo and jiu-jitsu although I may be a little rusty. To answer the final question, I’ll go out on my feet before I go out on my knees. 
“Embrace the Suck”