themachinist

IGOLD March Illinois state capital 4/1/2020

The  Illinois State Rifle Association is sponsoring the IGOLD march at the Illinois state Capitol building.   We should all participate in this event.    IGOLD stands for Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day where we go to the state capitol building and talk directly to our representatives.   The cost is FREE and last year there were buses chartered to take us down and bring us back I assume this year is the same.    You  can ALSO drive yourself.

LAst year there were 6000 well mannered gun owners, women and children at the march.    Marchers stretched for 6 city blocks.    Militia members could meet for lunch.

Edited by themachinist

Author of the topic Posted (edited)

IGOLD March 2019:    Speeches presented in front of the capitol building.     One speech mentioned  Chicago should form its own state.     After the presentations we entered the capitol building.   News media know where to be seen.   If you attend the march do not  bring weapons because you go through metal detectors before entering the capitol building

igold.jpg

Edited by themachinist

There are buses going to Igold  and I'll be on the one leaving the St Charles Sportsmans club.   Cost is $40.   If interested in the bus ride

contact:  Jim Cunningham <[email protected]>.    I'll try to remember to wear my NRA  hat to this even if you care to keep an eye out for me.   Last year I found a nice restaurant 2 blocks from the state capitol building.   I think this is it:  http://www.joegallinaspizza.com/  Gallina Pizza,   432  E Monroe.      I'll be there having a sandwich an hour before the bus loads up for the return trip if anyone would like to join me there

Edited by themachinist

The IGOLD march has been rescheduled to May 13.    That date could also be changed but for now that's it.

Current events regarding the coronavirus:     I would be interested to know what you guys are seeing and where you think we are headed.   A tremendous run on ammunition in the last week, see attachment from Marengo, Illinois.

This is what I think.   This week, many people receive their last pay.check, the week after no paycheck at all.   No money no food so people will be stealing food from those people that have it.

Your thought??

Jim

Marengo-Guns-3-2-1-20.png

Edited by themachinist

• Who Viewed the Topic

8 members have viewed this topic: