LetFreedomRing

CORONAVIRUS: PANIC BUYING CLEARS SHELVES AT COSTCO

I'll bet most militia people are also preppers, -- stop feeling so smug, guys! Nobody loves an I-told-you-so! --- so it should be easy for each unit, after the curent xxx-demic is over, but not TOO long after it (it should still be on everyone's minds) - to have a public meeting around the theme of: 'HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE NEXT CRISIS'.

More on this elsewhere.

6 hours ago, DawyneB said:

This reminds me of when i was a kid and remembered watching on the national news of how the lined were like in the old soviet union. Except this is here in the states.

An old man, a veteran of WWII wearing his medals (as you were allowed to do in the USSR) was standing in one of those queues at a butcher shop, waiting for a delivery of meat from the collective farms. He had been there for hours.

Finally, as the sun began to set, the manager of the butcher shop appeared and said, apologetically, "I am very sorry comrades ... but we won't be getting any meat today ... and I don't know when we will get some. So you must go home."

The old man snapped.  He began screaming "GODDAMMIT IS THIS WHAT I FOUGHT THE NAZIS FOR?  OUR F*******G SO-CALLED LEADERS CAN'T EVEN FEED US!!!  LYING BASTARDS!!!  THEY CAN'T FEED US BUT I'LL BET THEY CAN FEED THEIR OWN WORTHLESS CARCASSES ... I'LL BET THERE'S MEAT IN THE KREMLIN TONIGHT!!!!."

The frightened crowd began to move away from him .... and then what everyone feared happened: a heavyset man in a camel-hair overcoat stepped through the crowd, showed his KGB card, placed his arm roughly over the old man's shoulders and said, "Comrade!!! Come with me!!!"

The old man's knees turned to water, and, shaking, he was led by the KGB man to a nearby alley.  The secret policeman pushed the old man up against a wall and said,

"Now comrade! Get ahold of yourself!  Don't you realize that what you just said was TREASON??? .... " The old man was too frightened to speak but nodded.  "Now," the policeman continued, " I see by your medals that you are veteran of the Great Patriotic War ... So ... just this once ... I'm going to overlook what you said...  and, comrade, consider yourself lucky....do you know what would have happened to you in the old days, under Comrade  Stalin?"  And he made an imaginary pistol with his hand, and said "Bang!"

Trembling, the old man went back to his flat. As he opened the door, his wife called out, "Did you get the meat?"

"No," he replied.  "So they're out of meat?" his wife said.

"Yes", he said, " and it's even worse than that!"

"Even worse than that?," his wife said.... "How can it be worse than that?"

[punch line below]

"They're out of bullets!"

I would say that most militias are semi prepared.  Maybe a few cases of water,  some mre meals.   Very few are running or working with a homestead or farm.

If this isnt a wake up call at how a small scale event can wipe out a Costco then I dont know what to tell you.  When your murdering your neighbor for a can of peaches.

Author of the topic Posted

I got enough heirloom seeds delivered a couple days ago to plant 3 seasons of gardens before I have to start using seeds saved from grown foods.  I already have a well stocked long term pantry, the food order above was just a bit more to add to it.  I'm glad I got on the ball and started stocking up on food a couple years ago.  I have some bottled water and some of that 50 year blue can water but the majority of water will be from my well with a back up manual pump if power lost.  I have filters for water if all else fails, even a 6 gallon collapsible water storage container with a built in filtering system in the tap if I have to haul water in for some reason.  I do plan to buy a little heavier on regular canned foods the next couple of weeks than I normally do.  

There are good reasons to 'grow your own', even if CostCo will always be stocked.  But many people who hold down full-time jobs won't want to do that.  But they can stockpile a year's worth of food  -- water is more difficult -- and other essential items for their families.

In fact, a serious militia unit ought to make it a requirement that its members work towards having a year's food and other supplies for themselves and their family stockpiled, for the following reason:

Suppose there is some sort of SHTF situation which requires the militia to be mobilized .... if you're ordered to move twenty miles from your home for an indefinite period, you DON'T want to be worrying about whether your family has enough to eat, or is going to run out of toilet paper, while you're deployed.

In fact, in the ideal situation -- which probably assumes the militia is much more numerous and therefore more 'densely' distributed within communities than it now is,   so in most areas there are several militia 'families' within a square mile area  -- in such a situation, a serious militia unit will have organized well in advance a neighborhood security team,  to defend against looters and other evil-doers.

This might consist of militia supporters who are too old, or for some other reason , cannot actively deploy, but can still pull a trigger, or serve as a sentry.  [I think a well-organized militia would long have had formal status for such people.] 

Such a team would have worked out methods of communication among all families, and perhaps have a 'withdraw to the redoubt' plan (and a redoubt chosen and prepared so far as possible), for a situation in which 24-hour 360 degree alertness and, if necessary,  massed concentrated firepower    -- ie large mobs, perhaps with some organization and direction,  who can overwhelm a single home. 

One family in such a group  -- almost certainly the 'redoubt' family -- should have emergency power and communication gear powerful enough to communicate over a serious distance, with the training necessary to operate it, and a code book.

All of this planning, which is for an unlikely event which probably won't happen, is simple based on the idea that no one knows the future, that expecting everything to be rosy forever is dangerous, and that a little planning and a small monetary investment now could just possibly have a huge payoff in the future.

A related issue, which we should talk about elsewhere, is what to do with the people in your neighborhood or town who were not part of your militia group, but who suddenly see the value of having one when a really  serious crisis hits.

The Mormon church does it, they teach and train to stockpile 2 years worth of food and water.  The SOP for my state militia the Indiana Citizens Voluntary Militia is a minimum of 6 months food and water for active members and their immediate families, but more is encouraged.  We rely more on water filtration as storing and carrying water takes up a lot of space.  We are starting to get into rainwater catchment systems recently.  We are heavy into growing and raising our own food as much as possible.  "Freedom Through Self Sufficiency" is one of our Mottoes.  Support services, family support and logistics is key, no food no fighting, family not taken care of, no fighting.   The militia supplies themselves, prepping is an integral and necessary part that goes hand in hand with it.  Some militias focus mostly on guns and ammo and neglect the critical food and water supplies.  Another thing that shouldn't be overlooked is herbal medicines and holistic healthcare.  

Whoa, wonderful to hear.  The reason I pulled 'a year' out of the air for food and supplies, is that it's my guess that well-prepared families will be faced with relatives and friends whose requests will not be able to be refused.  (I've already given away some of my N100 valved respirators to friends, my wife's son and his wife, and my wife's granddaughter who is travelling in New Zealand. )

Your group sounds like it's got its stuff together.  You are absolutely right about the importance of logistics, and the knowledge that your family is secure. 

I think many, most, people have had their basic assumptions about reality shaped by Hollywood -- not with any sinister intentions, just because they've got to make a dollar, and we want movies about great heroes spraying the bad guys with bullets.  Who would go to a movie about a really ingenious supply sergeant who manages to get his guys the things they need by hook or by crook?  How many WWII movies have they made about the Redball Express?  But Hollywood doesn't wage real war (except, in its own way, on America).

On alternative medicine: I think of it as  the alternative when orthodox medicine is not available, which it may not be for an extended period. But there's room for everybody.

I left work a couple hours early to do my family weekly grocery shopping today which I normally do on Saturdays, in anticipation of a panic run on food starting Friday when people who are paid weekly get their money.  It was already starting this afternoon.  At 3PM the lot was already half full when I got there and about 12 carts inside the store entrance.  Toilet paper was completely gone and almost all the facial tissues as well as the disinfecting wipes were wiped out.  The difference today though is that the milk, bread, eggs and canned goods were selling fast and everyone's cart at the checkout was full.  When I finished checking out, there were no carts inside the entrance or cart corrals outside and the parking lot was completely full.  Basically like 2 hours before stores close on Thanksgiving day or Christmas eve except worse.  I wouldn't be surprised if most grocery stores are wiped out before this weekend is over even with resupply deliveries Saturday evening.

Our local stores... whether dollar variety or Wally world... were wiped out of TP, Dry Goods, Cleaning/Disinfecting products/Sanitizer, water and stuff like gloves and masks.  Some of these have been mostly gone for the better part of a few weeks.  Thankfully, I was just stopping in to pick up things like a soda and some shorts now that temps are warming up.  

I agree we all must be prepared, especially now that the media / democrats have caused this ridiculous widespread panic. The next crisis may be far worse and real, so I'm going through, and adding to everything, guns, ammo, food, the whole list. This current panic is going to make the ones who hyped it look soooo bad in a couple weeks its going to be hilarious watching them back away from it so they can move on to the next fake crisis. Get plenty of popcorn ! ! ! Oh, and check out this article below !

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/12/mit-biologist-says-fear-mongering-coronavirus-will-go-biggest-fraud-manipulate-economies/

I've been a fan of bidets for many years.  

Went by wally world today... bread gone, cheese running low, all the other items like tp and cleaning stuff gone.  Meat was getting wiped out.  Potatoes were all gone.  Canned goods were getting low.  Easter candy section was fully stocked though.  Cadbury eggs for breakfast.