S_Pendry

AR/M4 platform

ruger does good for me, I have the MPR, A little heavy, but it has 18" HBAR, very a accurate. 1700rnds not one trouble.

also run a bear creek arsenal 16",  for my light weight gun, no probs there 1300rds.

both of these were bought on value, for my budget. $600 for the Ruger and $380 for the bear creek.

Author of the topic Posted

Any feeding issues? I’m looking to buy another one I’m just looking around but I’ve heard bad things about PSA so it’s nice to hear some positive things. I’m looking towards a Saint edge also it’s got a heavier price tag than PSA but it seems to be the closest to the quality as my fighting rifle which I would stake my life on anytime. I see it as you pay more for the higher end rifles but it gives reassurance that heaven forbid you ever have to squeeze the trigger you know it’s gonna run without fail. Believe me when I say I’m not rich by any means ima coal miner so I pinch every penny possible

32 minutes ago, S_Pendry said:

Any feeding issues? I’m looking to buy another one I’m just looking around but I’ve heard bad things about PSA so it’s nice to hear some positive things. I’m looking towards a Saint edge also it’s got a heavier price tag than PSA but it seems to be the closest to the quality as my fighting rifle which I would stake my life on anytime. I see it as you pay more for the higher end rifles but it gives reassurance that heaven forbid you ever have to squeeze the trigger you know it’s gonna run without fail. Believe me when I say I’m not rich by any means ima coal miner so I pinch every penny possible

The normal hate of PSA is from gun snobs who think spending 3 grand on a Daniel defense that's kept in a safe will be ready for the civil war.  While the PSA guns are getting used and abused.   You do also can chalk up a failure which they all will.  Learn to clear the failures and fix your own guns

Colt bought in 98 or so. Somewhere in the 10k range of rounds through it, still looks new and still rock solid at 200 yds. I paid around $1200 for it way back then.

I build my own. I usually use Aero uppers/lowers and a BCM BCG and a Radian Raptor Ambi charging handle. Barrels depend on the purpose. I have a White Oak barrel in my SPR. I do have an Aero BCG in my SPR instead of a BCM and I haven’t noticed any real difference in functionality.

Guest The Koop

Build my own using 80% lowers. However I do own an Smith and Wesson M&P Sport, A Ruger AR 556 which are both very good as far as dependability. The Ruger is more proprietary as far as customizing. The M&P is more user friendly in that respect. There are other lower cost brands that are MILSPEC that are just as good but less expensive. As a seller I would advise you do lots of shopping and research first. But if you are in a hurry and can afford it I would suggest the M&P. Great customer service and mid range to low cost.

Posted (edited)

I have a frankenrifle with an actual M4 upper. That being said, it’s got the heavy chrome lined barrel (16” RRA) with mid length hand guard and a DelTon lower receiver. I’ve had it for around 15 years and other than a broken bolt a few years ago, I’ve had zero issues with it.

73372E8A-87DB-4531-BBD6-91579AF049D8.png

Edited by Michael Tarver III
Deleted redundant text and added pic