fixer

Member Duncan Lemp - Murdered

In Memoriam:

https://www.mymilitia.com/profile/5616-yungquant/

Article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8110889/Lawyer-Man-asleep-police-fired-house-killing-him.html

Excerpt:

A Maryland man who appeared to have ties to anti-government militia groups was shot dead by police while he was asleep in his home, a lawyer for his family says.

Duncan Lemp, 21, was asleep in his bedroom along with his girlfriend, when police executing a search warrant around for banned weapons opened fire on the home from outside 4.30am on Thursday.  

The Montgomery County Police Department said in a news release Friday that Lemp 'confronted' police and was shot by one of the officers early Thursday. Lemp was killed, and his girlfriend was injured.

Rene Sandler, an attorney for Lemp's relatives, said an eyewitness gave a 'completely contrary' account of the shooting. 

My Militia Statement:

Duncan used the name yungquant on My Militia, His posts here are mentioned on many of the news articles based on these events. Please note that My Militia is the definitive resource for Militias in the USA, Thousands of people and Hundreds of Units trust our platform. This is something we take great pride in. We are passionate about our work and the upstanding "right way" direction we affirm relating to the "Modern Militia Movement". No matter how loud we shout WE ARE NOT ANTI-GOVERNMENT we will always have those who hate conservative values twisting our agenda in a way that makes us the enemy. Being the #1 resource for something means we have placed ourselves in the fore front of our niche and being so when ever anything happens in the ilk of Militias we will be in the topic for good or bad as the site grows and dominates it's foothold, soon any militia talk that happens without "My Militia" mention will instantly be seen as less legitimate. Take this in note with the recent event involving Mr. Lemp and know that the event took place FIRST then the media searched the internet to build a story, that led them here as it should. It is what we do, it is why we are here, it does make sense. Nothing he said was wrong in any way. He appears to be just like me and you. We were notified when the event happened. We do not have all the details and we never will. We are not going to try to capitalize on these horrible events ... Please don't let anyone make you see it any differently. We believe in God and the Constitution and our right to protect ourselves, In the shadows of our forefathers we will continue to reenforce our platform and stand with you no matter the consequences. ~ My Militia

B32627AF-6258-48EC-94E5-586D79BFE30E.thumb.jpeg.7f360b6140137f3e7a383e40f2c71fcb.jpeg

Law-abiding American citizens who are participating in legal activities shall never be fearful of government reprisal.

Thank you for taking the time to issue this statement.  There are many heavy hearts today. 

My prayers are with the family of the victim Mr. Duncan Lemp.  

Godspeed to our fallen brother.  May the light of Christ shine upon him in eternity and the comfort of paradise be his reward.  

I checked out the FB page of the PD that carried out the raid.  Quite a few angry comments being made there.  Planning to check out the Maryland Militia FB pages to see if anything is being discussed.  I felt the VA rally was justified in its scope... but, if any action is deserving of a group of armed patriot protestors... this is a prime example.  Hopefully the patriots in Maryland aren't going to sit idle and let this aggression against the constitutional rights of the people stand unchecked.  

Just a word of caution -- we need to see what the police say.  He absolutely doesn't sound like someone who would provoke a police shooting but it may have been the case that he heard a noise, got out of bed, got his weapon, and went to a window ... presumably the police will have to have some story. 

Here is what they have said so far:http://www.mymcpnews.com/2020/03/13/detectives-investigate-officer-involved-shooting-in-potomac-additional-information-released/

It says nothing except that he was prohibited from owning firearms -- why???? --- and that he 'confronted' them. The article has pictures of the scary weapons he owned ... just ordinary 'assault rifles', it seems -- but no details on why he was prohibited from owning them, or why a 4.30 am raid was required.  Just like Waco or Ruby Ridge, a sane rational approach, assuming he did need to be arrested, would be to wait until he went out and then seize him.  However, I don't think we should assume they just shot him down in cold blood ... we want to get their full story.

If it turns out, as it looks like, that this was a case of police over-reaction -- perhaps provoked by the kind of  stories the vile Southern Poverty Law Center puts out, painting the militia movement as 'anti-government extremists', a bunch of Timothy McVeighs in the making -- then, after clearing it with his family, we ought to call for a massive attendance at his funeral, by every militia member and patriot who can get there.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Caution isn't a bad thing.  Then again, the department and investigators are going to spin this to their advantage - so we can't trust anything that comes out aside from maybe testimony from the girlfriend.  I think it is somewhat unlikely he was asleep when he was shot... then again if it is true that he was shot through the window... it is possible.  There was a case recently I think Donut Operator had it up where a gal was shot through the window (she did have a gun) at something like 2 a.m.  She was the property owner and a neighbor noticed her door was open and thought maybe someone was robbing her home.  Police did not vocalize their presence and she thought the officer peering through her window was a home invader.  They shot her dead.  For all we know, the gentleman was simply rolling over in his bed and twitchy finger Leo popped him.

I have to assume that some area of procedure massively failed here.  As much as I would love to hear a comment from the wounded girlfriend... I assume not a peep will come out.  Similar to the Whiskey Warrior instance... nadda. 

This raiding people's homes at odd hours of the night and early morning has to be stopped.  Roger Stone had the same crap happen to him.  Completely unwarranted.  The officer who fired, the leading officer, and the judge who issued the warrant all need to at a minimum be charged and thrown in prison.  Even if he had a gun pointed at the officers in a half awake state having been startled out of sleep... they had no business being on his property in the first place.  The law under which this department was carrying out their action is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  

My Prayers to his family. Now this is total BS, damn cops are not with us. I’m sick and tired of hearing that they stand with us, it’s bull. 

Im a boomer and I don’t stand with cops any longer. They should be wearing Red F**king coats not blue. ?

Good god. This is terrible. I pray for this man's family and friends and hope that his death will be a luminescent candle for anyone who is not awake to this gun grabbing tyrannical leftist do nothing feel good law making bull shit. 

I really hope his girlfriend comments and gives us her side.

I'm so glad I live in a rural area inside a 2A sanctuary county... but this makes me think more about all of you who do not.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.

I do agree with everyone on saying that my prayers are with this family. Also, caution should be had for all involved on our side so that whatever actions that could be or would be taken will not be shown in a light to have more of this to take place in the future or at least kept to a minimum.

Read the sad story of what appears to be a senseless murder but I agree with other posters wisely stating we do need to obtain all the facts (if possible) before making an informed decision about the tragedy.

The first thing I thought of after reading the news report was the federal sniper that so bravely stood his ground and gunned down a possible threat to the USA holding her baby at Ruby Ridge:

Lon Horiuchi

"Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi (born June 9, 1954) is an American FBI HRT sniper and former United States Army officer, who was involved in the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff and 1993 Waco siege. In 1997, Horiuchi was charged with manslaughter for the death of Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, but the charges were later dropped. "

Awhile back I read elsewhere that the Ruby Ridge "hero" had retired on the taxpayer dime and was enjoying life in Hawaii. Not that any of that matters, I guess. Some cohorts would take to the streets in protest. The bearers of Western civilization tend to not do that. Would there be any positives if a throng of well-behaved, civil, patriots were to march in formation down the streets in honor of a downed brother-in-arms or whatever the appropriate term would be or would that action hurt "the cause," whatever that cause would be in the minds of the observers.

Remember, patriots. The thoughts in our minds would likely not be the same thoughts in the minds of onlookers and those viewing us via the elite-owned media with their own agendas that seem to seldom be in agreement with patriot agendas. Perhaps a march of solidarity could actually harm freedom's cause. I do not know.

Anyway... Duncan Lemp may you rest peacefully and may those who loved and cared about you be comforted as they grieve.

I would like to hear both sides of the story before deciding who is right or wrong. I joined my militia because in my heart it was the right thing to do. I am a conservative Christian first and strongly believe in the power of prayer & in my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

We have many bad people out there on both sides of the law and perhaps even within “my militia”. We have a crooked government and a hate filled & sick society.  I firmly believe in our U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights.  Being in the U.S. Marines I was taught God, family country & Corps. I served also in the fire service as a firefighter & paramedic.

Like y’all I am sad about this loss of life but casting stones before we know & understand the whole truth is a kin to mob mentality.  We are hear to serve the country we believe in and honor the framework our forefathers meticulously put together. Puttin blame on law enforcement is like someone putting blame on the militia for an isolated act outside our control.

God bless “my militia”, God bless the good, honest, upright citizens of this country and God heal our hearts from the injustice being portrayed upon us by a corrupt & evil hate filled democratic congress who have no desire to honor our forefathers who laid out the values bestowed upon us as they scripted the words put forth in our U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights.

57 minutes ago, Carlo said:

My Prayers to his family. Now this is total BS, damn cops are not with us. I’m sick and tired of hearing that they stand with us, it’s bull. 

Im a boomer and I don’t stand with cops any longer. They should be wearing Red F**king coats not blue. ?

Okay. Suppose we abolish the police.  What then?

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

1 minute ago, Doug1943 said:

Obviously, it isn't something we can abolish.  But, it needs reformed.  Local communities need to have more say in who is employed as an officer and more power to remove officers who abuse power.  There is too much political influence over departments hiring, training, and enforcement.  It doesn't help that officers are earning their degrees from communist infiltrated universities and colleges.  Not to mention the fact that most communities have to deal with several different departments:  Local, Sheriff Dept, State, Highway Patrol, University Security, and the list of Federal Agencies that occasionally come sniffing around. 

Author of the topic Posted

Probably should be said this is a somewhat isolated incident in what looks like poor judgement on the behalf the the law enforcement involved.

One rumor is that he was bragging about using full auto sears and he got ousted and they were serving a search warrant for illegal weapons

Maybe a rookie LEO got an itchy trigger finger?

Just like we do not like being grouped with the "anti government" we should not group all LEO's. Maybe they will issue an apology. That wont bring Duncan back but mistakes happen. Like the agent that shot Levoy.

Law-abiding American citizens who are participating in legal activities shall never be fearful of government reprisal.

40 minutes ago, Obbop said:

Read the sad story of what appears to be a senseless murder but I agree with other posters wisely stating we do need to obtain all the facts (if possible) before making an informed decision about the tragedy.

The first thing I thought of after reading the news report was the federal sniper that so bravely stood his ground and gunned down a possible threat to the USA holding her baby at Ruby Ridge:

Lon Horiuchi

"Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi (born June 9, 1954) is an American FBI HRT sniper and former United States Army officer, who was involved in the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff and 1993 Waco siege. In 1997, Horiuchi was charged with manslaughter for the death of Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, but the charges were later dropped. "

Awhile back I read elsewhere that the Ruby Ridge "hero" had retired on the taxpayer dime and was enjoying life in Hawaii. Not that any of that matters, I guess. Some cohorts would take to the streets in protest. The bearers of Western civilization tend to not do that. Would there be any positives if a throng of well-behaved, civil, patriots were to march in formation down the streets in honor of a downed brother-in-arms or whatever the appropriate term would be or would that action hurt "the cause," whatever that cause would be in the minds of the observers.

Remember, patriots. The thoughts in our minds would likely not be the same thoughts in the minds of onlookers and those viewing us via the elite-owned media with their own agendas that seem to seldom be in agreement with patriot agendas. Perhaps a march of solidarity could actually harm freedom's cause. I do not know.

Anyway... Duncan Lemp may you rest peacefully and may those who loved and cared about you be comforted as they grieve.

Here's some history: Ruby Ridge, and then Waco, which were obviously huge .... I hate to use the word 'crimes' but that's what they were ... on the part of the FBI and ATF ... gave a huge spurt of growth to the militia movement.  It expanded rapidly in the wake of these horrible events.

And then .... along came Timothy McVeigh ... he was not a militia member ... he had just attended a meeting of the Michigan Militia ... and who knows what he heard there ... but not only did he succeed in killing 168 innocent Americans ... only Osama bin Laden would beat that record five years later ... but he also succeeded in killing the militia movement.

THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

All our infiltrators will be screaming,  Revenge, revenge, hate the cops! -- you wont' be able to distinguish them from AntiFa or Black Lives Matter and in fact that may well be exactly who they are.  But no doubt there will be sincere people echoing them, responding to their emotions rather than to their logic.

We're constitutional republicans, not anarchists!   If men were angels, we wouldn't need government, if we were governed by angels, we would not need restrictions on government, as the man said.  But we need government, which at the end of the day means the police and the military, and we also need restrictions on government.

We have to respond to this horrible tragedy in a way that will honor the memory of Duncan Lemp by expanding the militia movement!  We need to keep our cool, and show that WE are the law-abiding citizens, and THEY  -- AntiFa, and those police who, helped by the vile SPLC, see ordinary American patriots as the enemy -- are the ones out of control.

Just think about it: the SPLC love Anti-FA, they love the cop-haters of BLM ... and they succeed in convincing Law Enforcement that WE are the enemy!  The people who, at their march in New York, chanted "Whadda we want?? Dead Cops!!! .. When do we want it?? NOW!!!"  --- these people, or more precisely the clever lefty intellectuals who stand behind them, are pitting the police against ordinary American patriots!

We must not let them succeed. 

Sounds like crime gangs to me the Cartels? Because most likely this isn't regular police who did it, and Cartels have been known to do this type of stuff, regular police wouldn't just shoot, I could be wrong, but not only Cartels but other Crime gangs as well, and some tend to be at war with the militia's from past research done, not only that like I have stated many times I am spiritually gifted and have also seen this.  But with that being said, something about this seems off.

Edited by Anon Cyb

1 hour ago, Doug1943 said:

I don't think it was regular Cop's brother, regular Cop's wouldn't just do this type of thing, it had to be a cop connected to something for the specific cop to do this, because most cops give chances.

9 minutes ago, RevRifleman said:

Obviously, it isn't something we can abolish.  But, it needs reformed.  Local communities need to have more say in who is employed as an officer and more power to remove officers who abuse power.  There is too much political influence over departments hiring, training, and enforcement.  It doesn't help that officers are earning their degrees from communist infiltrated universities and colleges.  Not to mention the fact that most communities have to deal with several different departments:  Local, Sheriff Dept, State, Highway Patrol, University Security, and the list of Federal Agencies that occasionally come sniffing around. 

Yes, I absolutely agree with you.

I would be in favor of citizens' auxiliaries that aided the police, and if such were formed, we should jump in with all four feet, just as those of us who can, who have not already done military service, should be in the National Guard. 

But remember ... it's like war.  There are going to be times when our own side kills us.

Maryland seems to have pretty strict gun controls. Here's a list of what is banned in Maryland --

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

An extract from the above. I have embodened the relevant part:

Purchasing a firearm, like any significant purchase, requires serious research and investigation.

If you are considering the purchase of a firearm and are unsure if the firearm is banned, contact the Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealer you are utilizing for your purchase. Maryland regulated firearms dealers are best suited to answer questions about the various types of firearms available. If your regulated firearms dealer is unable to provide assistance, contact the firearms manufacturer to obtain additional information about the weapon.

Some examples of the questions to ask are listed below:

1) Is this weapon semi-automatic? If not, it is not banned and you do not need to continue.

2) If this is a rifle, is it centerfire? If not, then it is not banned and you do not need to continue.

3) Is this weapon considered to be a copy of a banned weapon? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

4) If this is a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine, does it have any two of the following: a folding stock; a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or a flash suppressor; If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

5) If this is a rifle, does it have a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

6) If this is a rifle, what is the overall length of the weapon? If the stock is fully extended and there are no removable additions to the barrel, is the weapon less than 29 inches? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

7) If this is a semi-automatic shotgun, does the weapon have a revolving cylinder? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

?If this is a semi-automatic shotgun, does the weapon have a folding stock? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

Doug1943, Thanks for posting what you did. It does male me ask this. Would any legit firearms dealer sell the banned stuff if they knew about it in whatever state it was to be sold?

6 minutes ago, Anon Cyb said:

I don't think it was regular Cop's brother, regular Cop's wouldn't just do this type of thing, it had to be a cop connected to something for the specific cop to do this, because most cops give chances.

No, this was a regular police operation ... State Police, I think, but in any case an official government operation.

If you live in a state where they have banned weapons that you have, you had better be very careful about

(1) who knows that you have them -- apparently a neighbor dimed on Duncan.  How did this person know he had these weapons?

(2) If you are in a state where, say, the AR15 is banned, then you need to be very discreet about owning one. Keep legal weapons for self-defense,  lose your AR15 in a boating accident or send to a relative in another state ... if you need some help in deciding how to do this, study the IRA in Northern Ireland.  It's not too difficult to store your weapon where you can get at it if you really need it, but where your girlfriend, your neighbor, a burglar, etc. doesn't come across it accidentally.

Americans are spoiled!  We live in such a free country, we just take for granted that we are citizens with rights, that the law is fair .... of course militia movement people are more 'woke' than others about the reality, but we still can't help having these dangerous assumptions.

So here's an exercise: suppose you're living in Russia, or Iran -- what would you do differently?  Well, for one thing, you wouldn't be reading this right now, but so far, they haven't banned just talking.  But they have, in some places, banned ownership of certain weapons -- evidently this is the case in Maryland  (to be honest, I didn't know that), and Duncan some how got himself on a list --  so they came for his guns. 

And all those big bad macho statements I read here and there -- "If they want my gun, they'll have to take it from my cold dead hands" ... turn out to be just so much bullshit. Or maybe literally true. But we need to remain alive, so we can organize.

Get real!  Act like soldiers.  Keep your mouths shut when you don't have to say anything, remember they're listening and watching,  and as we have seen, they will kill us in pursuit of their aims in the right circumstances.   Not all of them, not even most of them, but it can and does happen.

Do you know, right now, what the state laws are with respect to weapons?  If you are not absolutely sure that you are legal, find out. If you know that you are not legal, then be smart about it. 

And know what you will do if at 4am you hear a hammering on the door and somebody shouting "This is the police!!!!  We have a warrant!!! Open up!!!"

Victory in a conflict situation often depends on having thought as much as possible in advance -- including the worst-case situations -- and having already worked out what you will do in each case, so you don't waste time thinking about it when split seconds count.

The Left is on the move ... we don't know how this Wuhan virus will affect next November's elections -- Hillary may be President in less then ten months and the Democrats may be in control of the Senate as well as the House ... and they may be hell-bent on real, serious gun control.

So tell everyone you know to get their AR15 plus accessories now ... and BE PREPARED to deal with a situation in which they are made illegal.  And no hot air about a 'boogaloo' (what utter crap!). 

It may be a long war.