LetFreedomRing

Ways to avoid going in the stores,

Ways to avoid going into the stores.

Grocery stores that have online ordering and you pick up in the lot, they bring your order out to you:

https://www.kroger.com/i/ways-to-shop/pickup

https://www.walmart.com/cp/store-pickup/2281929

Use Amazon and Amazon Pantry to deliver non-food and some food items to your door.  If you get a 30 day Prime free trial subscription you will get free 2 day shipping on most things listed by Amazon directly.  Use other online options for clothing electronics etc  

I don't know about Kroger but I do know Wally World is having some problems, mainly with keeping up with the increased demand and some glitches in their dynamic stock tracking system, so you may put something in your basket, pay for it, and when you go pick it up it's not there and they have refunded the charges on that item. Dollar General has pulled a solid and is using the first hour they are open to allow only seniors to get what they need, and so far their stock levels have been pretty decent.  

Amazon is a total crapshoot. I have had some things we use on order and they are sitting in que with an "awaiting shipment" status. You'll be lucky to find anything in stock, and they are really cracking down on the price gougers. 

Edited by Skillet

Author of the topic Posted

I heard Kroger is suspending their online buying and lot pick up program for the time being.  I think they are worried about customers being pissed at the workers for all the things that are out from their order when they show up to accept it in the lot.  The short answer is if you weren't a prepper before it's too late to start now, you are royally [email protected]&D!

Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, DeltaWhiskey14 said:

Learn different ways of hunting, fishing, trapping growing your own fruits and vegetables.  I went to the store the other day and they had plenty of vegetable seed packets.  (Not sure if they were non - GMO) 

I ordered 3 years of heirloom seeds and got them in about 3 weeks ago.  Going to start a really nice garden this spring!  ☺️