David Steelman

Somethings Coming

Something definitely going on. They are a distributor where you can place orders and have sent to your local dealer. I don't remember this even happening during the Obama years and ammo was scarce. https://blog.galleryofguns.com/post/breaking-galleryofguns-com-purchases-suspended

I've seen a few different places doing it. Rural King is citing they want to be able to have ammo in their brick and mortar stores so they shut down online sales.  Buds is stating it's distributor network is not allowing them to cancel or modify any shipments, but for the time being it appears you can still purchase.  I called Academy this evening and they are at business as usual, with only store hours having been changed.

I really think the GalleryofGuns deal is more a move by Davidson's. Here's their statement:

"Due to rapid developments regarding the COVID-19 situation, we are temporarily suspending online Gallery of Guns purchases until further notice. Circumstances at state levels as well as national concerns have led us to this difficult decision.

We ask that you continue to utilize Gallery of Guns to find inventory, but then use the Retailer Search function to locate Gallery of Guns dealers near you and ask them to order the items for you.

It is vital that you continue to support your local Federal Firearms Licensed dealers. No one can predict what will happen in the coming days and weeks but Gallery of Guns remains committed to our customers', vendors', and employees' safety and well-being.

Stay tuned to the Gallery of Guns blog for further developments..."

Jesus.

The only cheering thing about reading that, was that it's so extreme, it won't go thru ... I hope.

But this just shows why the whole militia movement must make a strategic turn to practical involvement in

politics.

Starting immediately, we need to contact any candidate running for office -- mainly Republicans but I wouldn't automatically rule out every Democrat -- and ask how we can help register people to vote, and then get them to the polls in November.

And then .. we need to start thinking about taking part systematically in the polical process -- becoming regular members of a poltiical party ... and even running for office.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, Doug1943 said:

Jesus.

The only cheering thing about reading that, was that it's so extreme, it won't go thru ... I hope.

But this just shows why the whole militia movement must make a strategic turn to practical involvement in

politics.

Starting immediately, we need to contact any candidate running for office -- mainly Republicans but I wouldn't automatically rule out every Democrat -- and ask how we can help register people to vote, and then get them to the polls in November.

And then .. we need to start thinking about taking part systematically in the polical process -- becoming regular members of a poltiical party ... and even running for office.

Whole hearted agreement!  We need to stay on our soap boxes, use the ballot boxes so we don't have to open our ammo boxes!  Will it work?  Maybe not but we can always revert to the ammo boxes if it doesn't.  Use resources like the Gun Owners of America candidate scorecard to help you make wise voting decisions.  

https://gunowners.org/a093010/

image.png

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

We have a member who is considering running for office in Tennessee.

It would be an interesting experiment.

If he goes ahead with it, we should consider forming a support committee for him, to raise money, and for our people in Tennessee, to do campaign work. I put together a list of names and email addresses of various patriots in Tennessee for him, and if he decides to go ahead with it,

there are other things we can do for him.

In something like this, you have to start at the bottom ... volunteering to help in local campaigns of whatever party you're going to seek the nomination of ... and get experience, and get to know people.  It's an art, and it can be learned.

And this year above all, I believe all militia members should establish contact with their local Republican Party, and get involved in voter registration and getting people to the polls in November.  This is not only important in its own right, but it lays the groundwork for going into politics later if someone wants to.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

5 hours ago, Liberty Prime said:

@ Doug1943  if they are near my area I’d be willing to assist with what I could.

Great   ...  we might be  able   to make a  real  difference.   We  could call it  the   "Davy Crockett Movement"  [ From  Wikipedia   David Crockett was an American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier, and politician. He is commonly referred to in popular culture by the epithet "King of the Wild Frontier". He represented Tennessee in the U.S. House of Representatives and served in the Texas Revolution]