Dav Harzin

Predictions: What Will America Look Like After The Wuhan Coronavirus?

Predictions: What Will America Look Like After The Wuhan Coronavirus?

What will be the long-term impact of the Wuhan virus on the economy, higher education, homeschooling, jobs, Congress, and American politics as we know it?

Ben Domenech
By Ben Domenech
March 20, 2020

As readers of The Transom and listeners to my various media hits know, I have been generally critical of the media coverage of the Wuhan coronavirus (which I believe was far more interested in engendering panic than informing the public, and has now moved on to covering for China’s regime), the administration’s early insufficient response (particularly the botched early testing approach followed by the slowness of the FDA to recognize the need to relax regulations), and now the ongoing and desperate Congressional stimulus “process” (which amounts to quick, quick, put the money printer by the window). What I haven’t been doing is making predictions, in part because it is a particularly odd moment when belief that 250k-400k Americans will die in the coming year from this virus makes you an optimist.

So flush with cash off of betting David Frum that Tulsi Gabbard would not run third party in 2020, let’s try that today. As a frame for this, it would be very useful for you to listen to Russ Roberts and Tyler Cowen discuss their perspective on the coronavirus, particularly the final third of the podcast, where they put on their futurist hats and look into the crystal ball.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/20/predictions-what-will-america-look-like-after-the-wuhan-coronavirus/

Well hopefully for one thing more manufacturing will be brought back here to the united states, especially for crucial materials and items.  I think the elbow bump might continue to be the new personal greeting than the hand shake.  I think every business will have a hand sanitizer dispenser, now would be a good time to buy stock in Purell.  I think many people will become more accustomed to more personal space between them and other people and you will see people naturally queueing up with about twice the distance between them as before while waiting in lines.  I think more people will continue to use the pre-order and pick up services of grocery stores.  Now that I have used it I know that I will continue to use it.  I think the majority of the recent new gun owners will keep their guns and learn how to use them and embrace our constitution and all of our natural rights, hurray for our side!  

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg