fixer

Could COVID-19 be Biblical?

In three short months, just like He did with the plagues of Egypt, God has taken away everything we worship. God said, "you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums. You want to worship musicians, I will shut down Civic Centers.  You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters. You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market. You don't want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can't go to church"
"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Maybe we don't need a vaccine, Maybe we need to take this time of isolation from the distractions of the world and have a personal revival where we focus on the ONLY thing in the world that really matters. Jesus.

In Biblical times, that was all we could do.

But ... I believe many Christians would say ... God has given us a brain.  We are instructed to go forth and multiply -- which means using our wonderful brains to overcome the obstacles in the world and to try to understand this mysterious universe we live in.  

Anyone who knows anything about 20th Century Physics knows that the old 19th Century atheistic-mechanical-materialist view of the universe -- it's all little hard particles bouncing off each other -- has turned out to be ridiculously wrong  ...  note also that many of the greatest scientists -- Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday -- were deeply religious -- before the Mystery of Creation, they were humble men. (Unlike some of the arrogant Lefty airheads with their degrees in Feminist Grievance Studies from Ivy League universities today.) 

I teach chemistry and physics and as soon as we get beyond the elementary stuff ... I tell my tutees, "Now ... what I'm going to tell you about quantum interminancy and entanglement and electron probability densities is going to seem absolutely incomprehensible ... far more unusual than anything you've been taught in church --  but it's the best we have been able to do so far in understanding the universe. There are profound mysteries here and don't think we even begin to really understand them. We can't even explain how it is that you and I can speak to each other, or even how it is that we can experience the color red."

It was perhaps not accidental that one of the four Evangelists was Luke, the beloved physician.

And since Jesus' time, our beloved physicians, using their brains, have made huge progress against disease. 

I personally find it very heartening to see the human race in this crisis   --  we're not just lying down and awaiting our fate ... scientists are working around the clock to understand this killer, to develop a vaccine against it -- our medical people (all over the world) are taking risks with their own lives to help the stricken.  My own little village has responded magnificently -- using an App called 'Nextdoor', people have been offering to do shopping for old people who can't get out, and volunteering in a dozen other ways.  All outside the state, by the way. Edmund Burke's "Little Platoons".

Now the militia movement has a great opportunity to help Americans wake up: we should be saying, "You see? Life isn't really an endless round of shopping at the mall. Bad things can happen! And when they do, it's the organized men with guns who will decide things.  You will obey them, like it or not.  Which is why we need the militia, and  also why we need to take our country back from the people who want to turn it into a giant Walmart  full of free stuff to loot. The National Guard should be ours, not theirs. (Most of the real Left hate the military, or the American military anyway.)"

Man does not live by bread  alone, even though a few months' supply stored in advance will be handy. Nor by AR15s alone. 

We all should do whatever is necessary to draw spiritual strength for the battle ahead, because we're going to need it.

One of the greatest ministers God ever called, the late David Wilkerson. I haven't listened tothis sermon yet, and will tonite, but I've listened to quite a few of his, and am a less bad person because of God's wisdom thru him (I just started listening to it, and I think I have heard it before. Definitely good for multiple hearings):

Edited by Todd A. Slee
correction