Author of the topic Posted
7 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

Since 1987? That  probably  makes  you our oldest-serving  member,  How  did you find our  site?

I responded to that in what I thought was a PM.  Forgive me, but I play around on the computer, but am still a Luddite.  I attend so many functions and talk to so many people, I don't know with any specificity how I found the site.  Thought I'd been here before, but if so that would have been a long time back.  I try to keep a notebook of sites, contacts, etc. but a lot of them have gone south over the last few years.  

To my knowledge, I don't know of a militia that predates when I got involved.  The late Jack McLamb, the Militia of Montana, Mark from Michigan, the Militia of Georgia / U.S. Militias,  AWRM,  Bo Gritz, CCOPS, etc. were the top people and organizations back then.  Civilian militias got co-opted by the Tea Party and single issue political organizations.  The militia has been in a state of flux  ever since.  So, hoping to make new contacts, share ideas and get caught up into the 21st century with respect to equipment, etc.

Whoa... wonderful!

I think the militia movement had a rocky start, because it began in parallel with some dubious groups like the Sovereign Citizens and Christian Identity ... the movement seems, most groups at least, to be pretty clear on the necessity of being open to all Americans, regardless of race, color or creed -- although it's clear some of us have not learned to distinguish between Islamists and Islam -- and most militia groups I have looked at make it very clear that we are not "anti-government" when government is behaving itself and acting within the confines of the Constitution.  (It always makes me laugh when I see outfits like the Southern Poverty Law Center labelling the militia movement "anti-government extremists", since on their side of the barricades, they happily consort with people whose open, declared aim, is the achievement of a Soviet America. At the beginning of the Iraq war, there were two large national anti-war groups formed to protest it -- one was called 'Not In My Name', and the other was 'A.N.S.W.E.R.' -- because of my particular background, I knew within a minute who had set up each group: the first one was run by the Revolutionary Communist Party, and the second by the Workers World Party, both of the explicitly communist groups. But no liberal went around shrieking about 'anti-government extremists', and neither is on the SPLC list of 'hate' groups, although I assure that they both are full to the brim and running over with hate.

We need to learn from the past. The militia movement of thirty years ago made itself vulnerable to outside attack -- all it took was a Timothy McVeigh -- not a militia member -- to destroy it. 

I think we have to fight on several fronts -- and one of them is the front the Tea Party was covering: we've got to take over the Republican Party and change into a party of America's working people, the ordinary American, not the party of the Donor Class.

I do hope you'll take an active part in our discussions here.  There is absolutely no substitute for experience.

Islam isn't able to work with western values and while nice ones exist you have no idea if they are just practicing the law of lieing to non muslims. 

Sovereign citizens are legal and right.  Why do we feel the need to obey the ridiculous laws that take away your freedoms.

Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, Claw Hammer said:

Islam isn't able to work with western values and while nice ones exist you have no idea if they are just practicing the law of lieing to non muslims. 

Sovereign citizens are legal and right.  Why do we feel the need to obey the ridiculous laws that take away your freedoms.

I think you may have opened a door for a very important conversation.  Today's militia, IMO, begins to sound like canned liberalism with that mantra of we don't discriminate against... and then we start telling the truth.  The MAGA supporters want to lock out the Muslims (and rightfully so.)  Then some people advocate tossing out Sovereign Citizens - and most likely, because some young hood rats tried to use Sovereign Citizen arguments to take peoples homes while they were out of town.  To condemn the Sovereign Citizens for that is much like condemning Christianity for the 900 + people killed by Jim Jones when he conned them into drinking cyanide laced Kool aid. 

I support Sovereign Citizens and am well aware of my status as a Preamble Citizen.  So, the mainstream can have people chanting a mantra about not discriminating against anyone based on race, color, creed, etc. and then locking out the Posterity of the Constitution (of which the Constitution was written to secure the blessings of Liberty for) and remain oblivious to what the Constitution is about.  I want you to know I support you on your position.

Next, discussions about Christian Identity lead the militia to declare a war against the people most responsible for the creation of modern militias.  Christian Identity is a movement, not a specific religion and the SPLC along with Establishment types like to lump a lot of people into one big pot.  There are nazis, malcontents, and people I cannot begin to describe who support and even join churches that are condemned by the left as being hate groups (sic.)  Some of the tenets of faith shared by what the SPLC (and related groups) call Christian Identity were tenets of faith believed by Herbert W. Armstrong who, at the time had some 8 million subscribers to his Plain Truth Magazine and his book "The United States and Britain in Prophecy" sold over 6 million copies.  I once bought into that media malarkey and thought that anyone who was Christian Identity was the good guys.  Turns out, the term is a scare word and the lists kept by the SPLC and similar groups lump churches together that are 180 degrees opposite of each other in their tenets of faith.  Knowing that even Christian Identity has some churches with really good people in them, I'm working to establish a separate denomination so that there exists something concrete as opposed to a movement where some groups try to validate themselves through churches that have separated from organized religion and the modern churchianity that tries to integrate social liberalism into their ideology.  In Christian Identity there are seed-line Christians, anti-seed line Christians, and doctrinal differences too numerous to mention.  There are those in Christian Identity that would love to put a bullet in me; there are others who take the time to call me on the phone and have real conversations.  BTW, Even Bo Gritz has fellow - shipped with churches the SPLC calls Christian Identity.  If you know anything about your racial culture, you are Christian Identity.  The militia would be well served not to discriminate against them and judge each person according to their character.

Insofar as the law and constitutional interpretations go, if you tie your activities to being an unorganized militia, you end up having to allow almost anyone in and you would not like many of them.  Some of the most conservative people where I live are Hispanic.  Some of them came here without papers before Bush was elected.  When George W. became president, he had those people pay $1000 in fines, pay any back taxes and they were given citizenship.  Do you care if you recruit antifa members?  Would you allow black people into the militia only to discover their version of constitutional interpretation includes reparations?  If so, would you help them lobby - maybe even enforce the collection of money from your fellow citizens?  I have to ask uncomfortable questions because we have to stand for something.  If we're going to reject the Republic our forefathers envisioned and accept the de facto system we have today, we will have to devise new documents to replace the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.