1 minute ago, Think outside the box said:

There are more then you think but then the marines still train in hand to hand with them 

Yea..... people train with knives but the truth is knife fighting is dumb and you're going get sliced up.   Better to avoid a knife fight then play with one 

15 minutes ago, Think outside the box said:

A rifle or pistol shot is like a dinner bell

So..... you assume knife fighting is like movies.  Deadly silent and no noise.....  

Good luck man.  I would suggest you dont think that style of fighting is something you want to but go for it.  

Nothing better then a apocalypse time.... when you have limited medical treatment and you get sliced up.

21 minutes ago, Think outside the box said:

Please do tell this veteran cause there has been many times the knife has saved my ass in a combat situation 

Oh really now..... what war was this one

Just now, Think outside the box said:

A knife is more then for sticking people

It's a tool like I stated at the start.    Both serve as a tools and would be useful.  As a combat weapon.... I guess it's better then a rock but avoiding that would be better. 

Knife seems more practical from the standpoint of amount of space required and potentially a difference in weight.  Not saying the differences are huge in all aspects (depending upon design)...but, every little bit adds up.  Everything you carry means more weight and reduced maneuverability.