LetFreedomRing

MILITIA LOGISTICS - THE FEEDING & RESUPPLY OF UNITS

MILITIA LOGISTICS - THE FEEDING & RESUPPLY OF UNITS

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Guest TRAWDADDY

Thanks for posting this  - I am interested in being helpful in feeding and resupply of units. We need practice in this important area also. Sharing this video.

while this is a solution, Id prefer something a little different.

each individual needs to have a minimum of 1 year food supply (and a way to move it). IF deployed, command will communicate how much supplies to bring.

while i get the convenience of disposable everything, thats just going to make for alot of trash (and one can only burn so much, if thats even an option).

the vid was also void of caloric & water metrics. a case of water doesnt go as far as theyre letting on.

Just now, wquon said:

while this is a solution, Id prefer something a little different.

each individual needs to have a minimum of 1 year food supply (and a way to move it). IF deployed, command will communicate how much supplies to bring.

while i get the convenience of disposable everything, thats just going to make for alot of trash (and one can only burn so much, if thats even an option).

the vid was also void of caloric & water metrics. a case of water doesnt go as far as theyre letting on.

How are you going to move a years worth of food ?    It takes a enormous amount of space. 

Water is 5 gallons per person per day 

3 to 5k calories a day.

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

13 hours ago, Megatron said:

How are you going to move a years worth of food ?    It takes a enormous amount of space. 

Water is 5 gallons per person per day 

3 to 5k calories a day.

im not talking about moving alot of water. one should have the ability to carry over 5 gallons of water with them (1+ 5g water jugs), & have the ability to get more. lol otherwise someone is going to have to invest in a water buffalo trailer.

if someone had the basics of beans & rice for 1 person for 1 year, that would easily fit in a truck. (hopefully they have more than that to avoid food fatigue)

folks probably are never going to need to carry more than 3 months with them. disaster relief deployment is the most likely scenario for militias. those deployments last less than a month on average.

plus, having ones own food instead of a shared stockpile or preconceived list allows the individual to work around food allergies and the like.

9 hours ago, wquon said:

im not talking about moving alot of water. one should have the ability to carry over 5 gallons of water with them (1+ 5g water jugs), & have the ability to get more. lol otherwise someone is going to have to invest in a water buffalo trailer.

if someone had the basics of beans & rice for 1 person for 1 year, that would easily fit in a truck. (hopefully they have more than that to avoid food fatigue)

folks probably are never going to need to carry more than 3 months with them. disaster relief deployment is the most likely scenario for militias. those deployments last less than a month on average.

plus, having ones own food instead of a shared stockpile or preconceived list allows the individual to work around food allergies and the like.

Waters heavy and gets old quick.  Personally if this goes south I am not heading to help the local town.  I'll be keeping my family safe.

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

These are some of the best videos on the subjects nobody but me wants to even think about.  How do I share this with my team?  Can someone assist?  Thank you

With my Compliments, 

Sheepdog

Colonel, Commanding 

Illinois Sons of Liberty Constitutional Militia

6 hours ago, ILSL Sheepdog said:

These are some of the best videos on the subjects nobody but me wants to even think about.  How do I share this with my team?  Can someone assist?  Thank you

get a video downloader program, down load video copy to flash drive.  Maybe you have a IT guy in your group that can help.

11 hours ago, ILSL Sheepdog said:

heres a site ive been using for years to find what i need. https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/video_downloaders.html

I am so pleased to see this topic being discussed here , most people do not care to give food storage/ food prep. a second thought but sure will slap down the cash for another "Safe Queen " that is not needed.

We addressed this issue long ago when I was more active by setting up a small dedicated camper just for the purpose of that of a portable "Mess Wagon".

It was only for a Platoon size group but it was a very sanitary way of maintaining food safety and water purification .

It's easy to do if you put some thought into it and if you think outside of the box a little.

The hardest part was getting the guys to contribute to the food storage of needed ingredients along with storage containers .

If you pool money with monthly dues and buy at a SHAMROCK restaurant/hotel supply store or something similar , then you can really save by buying in bulk and have a very healthy and comforting supply of grub to be dished out during FTX's .

Also look into buying some cookbooks from Amazon on military cooking , ww2 cooking , civil war cooking , Revolutionary war recipes , etc.

For some absolutely great historical knowledge on Colonial Cooking please check out Townsends on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

I hope that this helps .

I am going to re-post some videos on cooking in the field to give you all some ideas on how some things have changed over time while somethings have not . Eventually you will run out of MRE's and you will be forced to resort to something along these lines and most likely you will have to do so on a very small budget . But if you start working on your field kitchen now it will be much easier to shop around for used items and look for ideas on the internet .

Now if you can afford a used commercial concession food type truck or trailer that would be a great way to go , but most of us will have to settle on something more along the lines a Boy Scouts Camp Kitchen with a homemade Chuck Box for your individual squads , definitely the way to go for most smaller groups.

I hope that this helps some of you in thinking about the many different ways that you could go in building your very own Militia Field Kitchen !

One other consideration:  the militia movement should not think of itself as only the armed component of a vigilant citizenry. 

That is to say, it should have organizational roles for people who are too old, or otherwise not really cut out for, low-crawling under barbed wire and going on 20 mile hikes with full field gear. 

Your grandfaher ought to be able to be involved, or a 55-year-old waitress.

And the logistics side is one area which is ideal for that class of citizen, as is transport, intelligence, communications.

One other point: the 'last war', for which generals are supposedly always preparing, involved lots of time 'in the field' -- ie out of contact with a base. Iraq was a partial exception, but, in my opinion, is more

likely to be typical of the American future, including emergencies and disasters. 

That is, the typical environment for an American militia unit is likely to be urban or suburban, not rural. And that will affect the questions of logistics, storage, etc.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, Megatron said:

Be the warrior in the garden 

IT'S BETTER TO BE A WARRIOR IN A GARDEN.JPG

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Every patriot under 36 who has not yet done military service should be in the ROTC program, if they're at college; otherwise, they should enlist in the National Guard.

If there is some future civil conflict in the US, it will be decided by the attitude of the armed forces towards the contending sides.

We have some advantage there, in that the ranks of the armed forces have tended, in the past,  to lean towards the patriotic side.

But the military is being changed in nature even as you read this. So do NOT count on their benevolence or even neutrality in a future conflict. The more of us that have intimate contact with the official military, either as part of it, or as veterans, the better.  And a smart militia unit will seek opportunties to make and maintain those contacts, just as they will with the police.

The Left is instinctively anti-police and anti-military.  We have a huge advantage here, if we're smart enough to take advantage of it.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.