Jump to content
LetFreedomRing

MILITIA LOGISTICS - RE-SUPPLY OF AMMO

Recommended Posts

MILITIA LOGISTICS - RE-SUPPLY OF AMMO

 

 


"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

 

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

 

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

 

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

 

lfr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The music makes me feel ackward in a region south of my thinking box 

 

Interesting concept but if your unit is big enough to have supply ... and your in the middle of a firefight.  It's not likely they will get to you in time.

 

Things you can do.  Have a squad gunner role.   With bigger drums or mags.  Have the extra mags spread out in the fire team so you dont over load the squad gunner down.    Keep either all ar15s or whatever rifle you want.  Sharing mags is critical and if any gun goes down..  you dont have usable ammo or mags.    The fire discipline is also key.  Not everyone needs to unload on into the jungle.   

 

Carrying more ammo less food might be better option as well.  Or avoiding a huge ass group would be smarter.


“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone needs to have weapons that use the same mags. The guy with the AK can not give ammo to the guy carrying an AR. If you are going to train then train! There needs to be a clear chain of command and everyone needs to know their job. 

 

Edited by Mr. Patriot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Patriot said:

Everyone needs to have weapons that use the same mags. The guy with the AK can not give ammo to the guy carrying an AR. If you are going to train then train! There needs to be a clear chain of command and everyone needs to know their job. 

 

To a extent yes but I refuse to do rank .

 

Keep it simple nothing bigger then a squad


“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. Patriot said:

I agree to keep training to a squad size element. Someone does need to be in a leadership position. 
 

Train using none verbal commands, movement and night training.

 

Leadership is  a thing that needs to be rotated out.  Everybody in the squad needs time as a leader.  It's not a military so the group should discuss what the plan is.


“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remember that TMs and FMs (Training and Field Manuals) were written for US Government armed forces... who are backed by supporting units and the finest logistics possible.  

 

As a Militia force you will enjoy NONE of those benefits.  You will not have automatic weapons.  You will not have mortar or artillery support.  You will not have air support.  You likely will not have emergency field aid/evacuation for your wounded.  You will not have the re-supply capability (food, ammunition, fresh troops, and equipment) that the armed forces do.  But, you WILL face an opponent who enjoys all those advantages.

 

You must therefore revise your mindset concerning combat.  You must think of yourselves as outnumbered and outgunned at every turn.  A guerilla mindset and unconventional warfare is more appropriate to your situation, and will serve you better in planning and organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John Last said:

Please remember that TMs and FMs (Training and Field Manuals) were written for US Government armed forces... who are backed by supporting units and the finest logistics possible.  

 

As a Militia force you will enjoy NONE of those benefits.  You will not have automatic weapons.  You will not have mortar or artillery support.  You will not have air support.  You likely will not have emergency field aid/evacuation for your wounded.  You will not have the re-supply capability (food, ammunition, fresh troops, and equipment) that the armed forces do.  But, you WILL face an opponent who enjoys all those advantages.

 

You must therefore revise your mindset concerning combat.  You must think of yourselves as outnumbered and outgunned at every turn.  A guerilla mindset and unconventional warfare is more appropriate to your situation, and will serve you better in planning and organization.

 

 

You should have medical...   and auto weapons are legal 


“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megatron said:

 

 

You should have medical...   and auto weapons are legal 

agreed, but the auto weapons are prohibitively expensive for 98% of militia members , though after* SHTF it wont matter much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megatron said:

 

 

You should have medical...   and auto weapons are legal 

True enough, automatic weapons are legal.  Last I checked (several years ago) a Nam era POS M-16 was $10,000 or more.  A reliable SAW would be what $25,000?  I could buy a truck, or put a down payment on a house for that kind of money.   You are absolutely right; EVERY unit should have a trained field medic or two and a surgeon, but I imagine most don't.  You will go with what you have.  There's an old saying.  Wish in one hand and shit in the other: see which one fills up first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Last said:

True enough, automatic weapons are legal.  Last I checked (several years ago) a Nam era POS M-16 was $10,000 or more.  A reliable SAW would be what $25,000?  I could buy a truck, or put a down payment on a house for that kind of money.   You are absolutely right; EVERY unit should have a trained field medic or two and a surgeon, but I imagine most don't.  You will go with what you have.  There's an old saying.  Wish in one hand and shit in the other: see which one fills up first.

 

Pos m16s?

 

Just maybe take a class or something on them.  When the ball drops maybe you find yourself getting them.


“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Megatron said:

 

Pos m16s?

 

Just maybe take a class or something on them.  When the ball drops maybe you find yourself getting them.

 

 

Yes POS.  The one I had would jam (full auto) on the 3rd round; every time.  Even the armory couldn't fix it.  Now I understand they've come a long way since then, but I'd take a good semi-auto, current civilian model over the one I had in '69... especially for $10,000.  If you could fit a binary trigger into it, that would be even better.  I'll stand by what I said, thank you.

 

You'll get similar stories from others who used them back then.  That's why I was an AK man until a couple years ago.  Only switched because of "commonality".  The .223 M4's seem to be the most popular nowadays.

Edited by John Last

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, John Last said:

 

 

Yes POS.  The one I had would jam (full auto) on the 3rd round; every time.  Even the armory couldn't fix it.  Now I understand they've come a long way since then, but I'd take a good semi-auto, current civilian model over the one I had in '69... especially for $10,000.  If you could fit a binary trigger into it, that would be even better.  I'll stand by what I said, thank you.

 

You'll get similar stories from others who used them back then.  That's why I was an AK man until a couple years ago.  Only switched because of "commonality".  The .223 M4's seem to be the most popular nowadays.

 

Meh I heard the rumors too.  The a1 was using the wrong bullet weight and lack of maintenance. 

 

But I suggest people learn how to operate a variety of military firearms. 


“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...