OATHKEEPERS , Alabama unit

Reloading and Rifle Building

Hello, I am Commander Gray Horse of the Alabama Oathkeepers Militia! During this pandemic, I watched people scramble and beg for ammunition and buy out every type of semi auto pistol and assault type look alike rifle in every gun store in town and online! Even my own married kids that laughed at me for keeping a good supply of everything needed on hand for times like these did some of that scrambling and came crying to old daddy when they could not find ammo and supplies! They have finally been reborn and have seen the light! I wanted to post this message to let anyone that wants to know how to reload any kind of ammunition or build their own rifle, on  the grid or off, how to do it! I will explain all the tools and supplies you will need to reload ammo or build your own rifle and will be glad to show anyone how to do it in person, when they purchase their own supplies ! I am a licensed FFL and can purchase any kind of ammo or firearm and parts at cost and will be glad to pass on my prices to any militia member that has a unit militia card to prove they are in a militia unit! If anyone is looking for a militia to join, we are taking members! Contact me at [email protected]

Per chance, have you tried powder coating bullets.  Just bought the Ruger PC9.  Absolutely love it, it loves my lead bullets.  I am getting a little leading in the barrel.  Once upon a time, I tried powder coating.  I just couldn't get it to work.  It wasn't the end of the world as my Beretta never had a leading problem.

4 hours ago, Edward Lewis said:

Per chance, have you tried powder coating bullets.  Just bought the Ruger PC9.  Absolutely love it, it loves my lead bullets.  I am getting a little leading in the barrel.  Once upon a time, I tried powder coating.  I just couldn't get it to work.  It wasn't the end of the world as my Beretta never had a leading problem.

Try a titanium nitrate coating. It will look golden and last forever.

Author of the topic Posted
8 hours ago, Edward Lewis said:

I am a gunsmith and have been reloading my own ammo since 1979! Powder coating your molded lead bullets is the way to go! Be sure to resize the bullets before and after you powder coat them because if you coat them too much, they will not go in your barrel and will shave off when you load them in your cases. You might try a bullet mold about 1000sndth under size and you will not have to resize them except after you mold them. I powder coat 45 acp, 357,223,7.62 x 39,6,5 creedmoore,6,5 Grendel, 270,243,243 wssm, 7mm-08,308, 9mm,40 cal, and just aboiut everything I shoot except my muzzleloaders. I use a basic toaster oven and powder coat I get from harbor freight. The kind you get from auto paint shops works a lot better than the harbor freight powder coating. Be sure to put your powder coating in a metal can with the lead bullets and shake them around good so they will get a good even covering. If you put the powder coating in a plastic butter bowl or coffee can, be sure to put in some steel ball bearings or a few nut or washers . This creates some sort of magnetic charge on the lead bullets and it causes the bullets to cover better. Bake the separated bullets on a sheet of wax cooking paper or tin foil if that is all you have for about 45 minutes on 450 degrees! Let the bullets cool off and then resize and load. The bullets should be smooth and not clotty! If they are clotty just re-cook them or 45 more minutes. I usually have a batch cooking while I am molding up a different caliber. Be sure to get different colors for each caliber, especially if the calibers are close in diameter! These shoot just as good as copper clad bullets with no leading ! I go to my local firing range and dig up lead at the target birms and melt it down to use. These bullets are the correct hardness to use in centerfire calibers.