One must decide if they stand for peace, or Liberty. To have both simultaneously is a fragile situation. Often it does occur, that one cannot exist with the other. Though I do fear, that many patriots who share these opinions only know what to fight against, not for, and; if ever they wait for this first shot they speak of (as if a first shot has not already happened many times yore) by then it will be all to late.

To the point; I'll fight with you.

Author of the topic Posted

The people of this nation are waking up to being slaves and are protesting it.  Once they realize they won't get their rights back even after being released from the lockdown those protests are going to get violent.  The response by the enemy to those actions can be all the excuse some may need for their response.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, FloridaRifleman762 said:

One must decide if they stand for peace, or Liberty. To have both simultaneously is a fragile situation. Often it does occur, that one cannot exist with the other. Though I do fear, that many patriots who share these opinions only know what to fight against, not for, and; if ever they wait for this first shot they speak of (as if a first shot has not already happened many times yore) by then it will be all to late.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Todd A. Slee said:

In the words of Patrick Henry, "Give me liberty, or give me death".

Pray always that we do not falter.

Very interesting to quote Patrick Henry's speech at the 2nd Virginia Convention 1775 when it is opposite to SecrurityGuy42's sentiments. But I am in agreement with it.

Edited by FloridaRifleman762

On 5/2/2020 at 8:46 PM, FloridaRifleman762 said:

So will I, Rifleman ...

I think more passion needs to be shown by all, as in this video. The stakes are high and pussy footin around has long came to pass. Worried about pissing someone off shouldn’t be of concern, worried about goons busting thru ur door should be of greatest concern.weather you agree with it or not, you have to respect the effort and passion this man brings to the table. We need to hear it raw and loud because people just don’t seem to be getting it. God bless to all my brothers and sister out there, call on me when you need help!!! We are in deep shit and need to band together regardless of political views. We can argue politics after the republic is restored.

I've been in law enforcement before, and we would not have done anything like this ... ever.  Indeed, before I ever went to the police academy (therefore, was not allowed to carry a weapon on duty - I functioned as a dispatcher), we had a call of a huge fight at a notorious house in which everyone ... including the old grandma ... had been a felon.  They were quite dangerous without a gun.  I was told to lock up the police station and drive to this house in my personal car.  When I got there, the Chief handed me an M-14, and told me where he wanted me.  In my career, I was lucky never to have opened fire on anyone.

In the video, it seemed to me that the police arrived "spoiling for a fight".  There wasn't anyone among the patriots who was willing to take it to the next level.  But the cops who came out of that armored vehicle were certainly ready to do so.

There's an old movie (1970s ? ) called April Morn that speaks to this.  The militiamen were farmers and merchants, and they faced the best light infantry in the world ... the British Army.  They were frightened, and after the British deployed, fixed bayonets and started advancing, a shot was fired (no one knows who fired the shot, but it was truly the "shot heard round the world).  Men died on both sides.  That's what happens in war.  And when the British marched back from Concord, they faced a hail of gunfire from the militia, all the way.  Since some of the militiamen carried Kentucky rifles, with a range over 100 yards (the British muskets couldn't hit the broad-side-of-a- barn beyond 40 yards), the Brits complained that the Yanks were not being "fair".

I'm of the opinion that, although getting close, we're not ready for what the gentleman in the video is calling for.  But it's getting closer, with every passing day and every incident like this.  I'm almost 71, and have had a good life.  I've been preparing for this for decades.  And this former cop will do what he has to do, when told by the authorities to lay down my arms.  The Constitution gives me that right, and that document is not just a piece of parchment, to me).

Who is willing to fire the second shot heard "round the world"?

Personally, I think that the reason people aren’t standing against it en masse is because everyone’s bellies are still full. Food, for the most part, is still readily accessible, albeit more expensive. When the food supply breaks down people are willing to take more risks and more often. Venezuela is a modern example of that. When you’re hungry or your babies are crying because they’re hungry and you can’t feed them, all bets are off.

That being said, addressing your mention of fear. I’ve always tried to live by a personal code of ‘Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain’. It’s carried me through a lot of hairy situations and I’ve been able to learn a lot about myself and what I’m capable of. I will also say that fear is a stepping stone for the strong but a stumbling block for the weak because only the strong are willing to face their fears without being forced and will continue doing so until they are victorious or dead. The weak, weather they know it or not, will either be made to face them by situations out of their control or they will continue to run from them until they die. I am more cautious around a fearful person than a confident one because a fearful person is more dangerous than the latter and thusly less predictable but, then again, I’m cautious of everyone. I made my decision when I resolved myself to the Oath back in ‘89 and I’ve honored it as best I can ever since. I was 19 and naive about a lot of stuff but even at that age, I’d experienced a lot of hairy situations and put myself in positions that forced me to see the finality of death and how there is no ‘glory’ in it. Death is death and everyone will face it one day but it is how you live your life that determines wether it’s honorable or not. Personally, I want to live and live well but that doesn’t mean that I’m willing to shirk my duty and responsibilities. If push comes to shove, I’ll have no choice but to defend the Constitution in a manner that requires it, depending on the severity of the shove. I don’t think anyone here is looking to be the next Bill Cooper or LaVoy Finicum but it is a fine line that we are all walking and should think long and hard about what we’re doing and why. The Founders pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to see it through and make it happen, one way or the other. But they didn’t have the propaganda machine (MSM) that is so prevalent today. They also didn’t have as large a number of the uneducated masses that are either unwilling to do their own research and believe everything they’re told on the tv or are just outright willfully ignorant, facts be damned. The low turnout of new militia members should be testament to that and it’s nothing new. Cream rises to the top but so do the curdles. I hate to put it in an ‘us vs them’ manner but we’ve been fighting the disinformation front as well as everything else for many years. People have got to want to self govern. I’m gonna end here because I could ramble on all day and I don’t wanna do that.