Doc Strange

VETTING PROCESS NEEDED

We apparently need a vetting process to circumvent being labeled as domestic terrorist! To those federal agents, you took an oath ladies/gentlemen to protect the citizens and to protect and uphold the Constitution  and the Bill of Rights! You see where our country is headed! Cease and assist please!

FBI agents, or people controlled by the FBI, in the Muslim community, seek out the loud-mouthed young males talking about 'jihad', and encourage them to go from words to actions.  Then they spring the trap, and put them in prison for a long time.  It's not quite 'entrapment', but comes close. I'm not losing any sleep over it. The Left and the civil liberties groups have been complaining about this for a long time.

So far as I know, inside the militia movement, they just listen, for now.

However, it's very important to watch what you say -- some statements are ambiguous: saying "we've got to fight the government now!" can mean going on demonstrations and marches; or it can mean armed insurrection. A hostile prosecutor will give it the second meaning. So if you use phrases like that, without making it clear that you mean peaceful, legal means ... you are giving hostages to fortune.

If the Democrats win, especially if they win big, next November, I think we can expect a legal assault on the militia movement. Leftwing journalists -- as we have just seen -- are scouring this site for material which they can use in articles to frighten the public, and which may also be used in attempts to outlaw the militia by declaring it a 'private army'.  

Private armies are actually already illegal in most states, but for the moment they ignore the miliitia. And they probably will continue to do so, so long as it remains a tiny handful of people worrying about Bill Gates and chemtrails and the Lizard People and vaccines and 5G. Why go after a bunch of harmless eccentrics?  But if it grows, expect a response.  And every careless post about 'the time for action is now!' will be a round of ammunition in the ammo dump of the enemy.

America is such a wonderful, unique, country.  It's the very opposite of  a collectivist society, where everyone thinks alike, or has to pretend they do. It breeds individualists, people who go against the grain, who defy public opinion, who swim against the stream.

In the long run, this is a tremendous boost for the whole human race, because we produce Edisons and Fords and Salks and Gates and Jobs -- people who come up with inventions that could never have been produced by a government committee.

In that whole scramble of individualists, there are people who , in my opinion, are led off the deep end.  They realize -- correctly!!! -- that we are often lied to by those in power, and that the game is rigged so that the powerful can gamble and keep their winnings, and when they lose, we the taxpayer pick up the bill.  But then they go overboard in attributing too much rationality and cohesiveness and long-term, international planning to that process.  If the world were really ruled by a Conspiracy, we wouldn't have the devastating wars we've had over the last 120 years.

I think we ought to have a separate place for people to put up their theories about the virus and vaccination and chemtrails and 5g and the Jesuits and the British etc etc etc.  Someone who comes across this site and just looks at the main discussion will get the impression that it's a site for conspiracy  theorists.  If that's what it's becoming, then so be it, and I for one will let them get on with it without my sarcastic responses. But I think this site should be about the militia movement, period.

Posted (edited)

From Wikipedia (a source that I rarely use, for obvious reasons) comes this definition of a "private army":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_army

"A private army (or private military) is a military or paramilitary force consisting of armed combatants who owe their allegiance to a private person, group, or organization, rather than a nation or state."

By this definition, a militia in America is not a private army, because its loyalty is primarily to the Constitution of the United States.

However, later in the article linked above, the writers add:

Irregular military forces: such as militias ...

They even add a picture of a Minuteman.

Edited by Headhunter

Lots of luck with that argument. Please think again. 'The Constitution' is an abstraction. If I write something like 'We must arm ourselves, and march on the state capitol, and arrest the governor, and try him for treason ... according to this magical 'sealed indictment' [a favorite bit of magical thinking by a certain school of crazies] I have here ..."   then after you're sitting in prison, it will do absolutely no good to say, "Oh, our loyalty was to the Constitution!"

Mary McCord is going around speaking all over America, pushing the idea that the militia movement falls under the definition of a 'private army'.  If the Democrats win big in November, prepare for a legal assault on the movement.  This woman is a serious oppent: here's her  bio: https://www.law.georgetown.edu/faculty/mary-mccord/

A true daughter of the Deep State.

Go here: https://www.justsecurity.org/62056/approach-charlottesville-violence-protects-public-safety-preserving-rights/ 

and scroll down to the emboldened sub-head First and Second Amendment Myths ... then scroll further to the third paragraph of that section, and   click on the highlighted phrase    prohibit private paramilitary activity .   ... you will automatically download a .PDF file with a list of every single state and the laws of that state prohibiting armed public rallies.

Every militia unit should have at least one person whose job it is to be familar with existing, and to keep with pending, laws that could be used against the militia.  We need to find some friendly lawyers who are familiar with this area of the law and who can help us write a document summarizing the legal situation.  Every single  item posted on a militia website, including this one, will be scanned by hostile viewers and if it can be used in a court case, to show that the group whose website it is, is promoting or advocating violence, or tolerating those who promote or advocate it, it will be.

Many people on the Right are very naive: they loudly claim that we are living in a police state, or rapidly moving towards one. But then they post things that show that they really believe that we live in a liberal democracy with free speech, and will do so forever.

Note: just because a law has NOT been used in the past, is not a guarantee that it won't be used in the future.

And by the way: it does not matter a whit what the Constitution says, or what your personal interpretation of it is, if a judge or jury decide otherwise.  (Or rather, it does matter, in terms of our ability to rally public opinion behind us. But the argument, "Oh, I can do X because the Constitution guarantees it,"  misses the point entirely. Although I suppose that idea might give some comfort to someone serving five or ten years in prison, knowing that his personal interpretation of the law was different from the interpretation of the people who control the police and prison system.)

It's very hard to get out of old habits, to recognize that things are changing.  Although American leaders knew that Japan might attack the US without warning, and the radar protecting Pearl Harbor actually detected the incoming Japanese airplanes ... the officer in charge decided they were American planes.  [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCR-270#Use_on_the_morning_of_the_Pearl_Harbor_attack]

Today was pretty much like yesterday, so most people think, tomorrow will be pretty much like today.  You can say or write anything you want now, and tomorrow, because you always were able to.  You can let anything be posted on your website, because you always have. Nothing to see here, everyone go back to sleep.

And that radar echo? Something approaching?  Nothing to worry about.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:41 PM, Megatron said:

I would be happy if people actually showed up and trained.   Having a wild vetting process is important but if all you have is yourself and a family member dont be surprised. 

I think there's probably a better way to build a unit from scratch, than announcing that a 'training' session will be held. People might get the idea that they'll be low-crawling under barbed wire while tracers zip overhead, while  the militia members who are combat vets are laughing at them.

It would be useful to have a survey of existing units, asking them, how did they get started.

I'm just guessing here, but the way I would think about doing it is to first seek out possible sympathyzers in existing local conservative groups, such as the Republican Party.  I would also contact other militias in your state, to see if they might be able to help, and/or if they have any contacts in your area.

Then I'd call a meeting in a sympathetic venue,  like the local American Legion or VFW hall, or perhaps a church, around the title "Preparing for the Next Crisis". 

A number of militia units include as part of their core definition and purpose, being available to help in a crisis, such as a natural disaster, a riot, etc.  I would present this as my aim, with, of course, having some members (those who want to) trained to provide security -- as was necessary after Hurricane Katrina, when there was widespread looting. 

Having people come from other militia groups to 'fill out' the audience would be a good idea.  Maybe having a meal for them, and places for them to sleep over before returning home, would be a good idea as well.  I suspect that the really successful militia units are also 'social' groups.  So perhaps having your initial meeting be a Fourth of July barbeque would be good.

Remember that the mainstream media have painted the Militia Movement as White Supremacists and/or 'far right' 'anti-government' 'extremists'... deliberately using the ambiguity of these terms.  (Is the Libertarian Party 'far right'?  Are the Hollywood lovies who hold up mock severed heads of their President 'anti-government'? If you are offered the choice of taking a large, medium, small, or zero dose of cyanide, does being on one of the extreme ends of that spectrum make you an 'extremist'?

So, without making a big deal about it, remember the possibly-unspoken fears of inquirers, and reassure them that the group you want to form is going to preparing for emergencies, of any sort; that it is absolutely open to all American patriots of any color or religion; that its purpose is to defend society, and to defend Constitutional, democratic, government, not to overthrow it.  And while 'training' might well involved learning how to safely use a firearm, it will also include how to safely stop arterial bleeding; how to safely switch off the power where domestic power lines are exposed; etc. 

But the best thing to do would be for this site to organize a survey of the whole militia movement to solicit suggestions on how to start a group from scratch.

Unm their isnt any groups that meet up and train on a regular basis.    If you find yourself laughing at people training to get together and learning to fight then I dont want you in our group.  We can laugh when its funny but if you think because you spent 3 years in the marines if makes you some high speed operator then get bent.  

No cops or police will take that liability of calling you in to protect riots Nd looting.   You be on your own and probably battling the cops trying to get people to leave.    The VFW is nice if I wanted to recruite o

90 yearold ww2 vets who ran off the gulf war vets

Nice idea but I don't care if your Republicans or not.    Party line choices are lame .  

That said getting people to come once a month is always the struggle.  Most people talk  a huge game but when it comes down to getting dirty they walk away. 

Posted (edited)

Doug, you said,"Lots of luck with that argument. Please think again. 'The Constitution' is an abstraction. If I write something like 'We must arm ourselves, and march on the state capitol, and arrest the governor, and try him for treason ... according to this magical 'sealed indictment' [a favorite bit of magical thinking by a certain school of crazies] I have here ..."   then after you're sitting in prison, it will do absolutely no good to say, "Oh, our loyalty was to the Constitution!"

The Constitution is not an abstraction.  The rights afforded every American citizen were pre-existing human rights, which were merely codified in the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.  Every soldier, sailor, Marine, or airman takes a binding oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.  This oath does not expire.  I took it in Chicago, and it means as much to me, now, as it did then.  I would venture to say that it means more.  God forbid, but if there is ever war between internal factions in the United States, I shall be fighting for the rights of ALL Americans, including those who are shooting at me.

The Constitution cannot be understood apart from the extensive writings of the Founders, but especially, apart from the Declaration of Independence, which reads, "We hold these truths to be self-evident.  That all men are created equal.  That they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."  The Creator's Words are higher than any man's, or that of any government.  Moving forward into the Constitution, we find these God-declared rights enumerated, and the one Right which protects all the others is the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.  No individual, and no government has the right to take these rights away from us.  Looking at America, today, anyone with a mind can see that this is the most dangerous time in American history, and that our God-endowed Rights are in existential danger.  To sum this paragraph, God Himself gave to us these Rights, they existed before the Constitution was written, and they are worth fighting for.

Also, "Many people on the Right are very naive: they loudly claim that we are living in a police state, or rapidly moving towards one. But then they post things that show that they really believe that we live in a liberal democracy with free speech, and will do so forever."

If we live in a police state, then we have a duty to resist that state with every means at our disposal.  With words, at first.  But the Left doesn't care about "our words", which include the Bill of Rights.  If they did, we wouldn't be living at the mercy of tin-pot dictators in their various "governor's mansions".  I am of the opinion that, exhausting every other "legal" means of protecting our rights, there may come a day when there is only one measure left to us.

Note that I'm not some wild-eyed fanatic itching to go to war.  I've seen war.  It isn't pleasant.  The first time I shot a human being, the tears freely flowed.  That is the insidious nature of war, Doug.  By the end of my time in Vietnam, my spotter and I made jokes about the patterns of blood spray, after Charlie was hit.  My last day there ... May 8, 1969 ... my good friend was blown in half by a 152mm artillery shell.  I was in the killzone of this round.  The top half of my best friend hit me with such force that if broke my M-14 in half, broke several ribs, destroyed my left orbital, and left me completely deaf.  I only have half of my hearing, to this day. 

I will vote, speak out, and do everything in my power to protect that "abstraction" called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  If all else fails, I'll head for my militia's position, and do what I have to do.

If what I have said here is provocative to some "journalist", so be it.  They hate us, anyway ...

Edited by Headhunter

The whole militia's are a private army thing is laughable considering that things like Blackwater exist.  

As was also mentioned above... the left wing also has militia type organizations including the redneck revolt and JBGC.  And the lefties in the media just adore their little fash bashing armies.  Folks also forget about the Brown Berets and Black Panthers... both somewhat armed groups.  The left doesn't have as many gun lovers as the right... but, they do have their own militias.  

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lefties-with-guns-ready-to-ruimble-with-right-wing-militias-says-arizona-anarchist-beth-payne-9221311

Phoenix anarchist Beth Payne says her fellow radicals with rifles in the John Brown Gun Club exist to counter right-wing militias.

As far as vetting goes...

Good luck.  Time and in person engagement are really your best methods for determining a persons character.  Background checks can only do so much and if someone is from an organization trying to do something nefarious you aren't going to just google their name and find out about it.  

Let me throw this out there guys/gals: The way to get folks interested in becoming an active part in anything, is for them to be able to offer support within their skill set and do what they like and know, especially if they are not being compensated monetarily. We are pretty much like minded individuals and I believe our kind of mindedness WANTS to help, they just need direction and leadership. The individual units will utilize roles such as leadership, coms, transportation, media relations, legal (becoming very important), tactical, spiritual, resources (money,scheduling, personnel etc.) In my opinion, as being a people manager, make sure people know what roles are available. They can troll/look around before signing up and decide if they want to commit the skill(s) they have. Take me for instance, I joined because I want to help the greater good, to support my state, nation and The Constitutions of each that enshrine our Unalienable Rights, bestowed by God. In what capacity can I help this group? What do we need here? I have no idea, there is no guide or structure outside of some names and subtitles such as administrator, moderator, vip and the like. No offense intended, just saying it the room as a noob. It looks like a typical blog, like the one I belong to for motorcycles. When someone clicks on mymilitia.com, they need something that is going to jump out at them and be obvious and make them think "wow I CAN be a part of this and I can do that!" Folks now days have a short attention span and need an attention grabber. Me? I am old school and I don't twitter, facebook, instagrab or whatever it is called, hell, I have to use zoom or skype at work because they pay me. Email, talk or text is enough in my personal life. I am here to help.

Guest Fed up
On 5/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, Megatron said:

Unm their isnt any groups that meet up and train on a regular basis.    If you find yourself laughing at people training to get together and learning to fight then I dont want you in our group.  We can laugh when its funny but if you think because you spent 3 years in the marines if makes you some high speed operator then get bent.  

No cops or police will take that liability of calling you in to protect riots Nd looting.   You be on your own and probably battling the cops trying to get people to leave.    The VFW is nice if I wanted to recruite o

90 yearold ww2 vets who ran off the gulf war vets

Nice idea but I don't care if your Republicans or not.    Party line choices are lame .  

That said getting people to come once a month is always the struggle.  Most people talk  a huge game but when it comes down to getting dirty they walk away. 

That's how I feel

This is a good discussion, because it's about concrete, practical things: how to attract the right people, repel the wrong people, and then keep the right people coming back.

It's the kind of discussion that needs the participation of people with actual experience of having some success in doing this.

What did they do, what do they do, to keep people coming back?

Perhaps it would be a good idea for this website to send out a mailing to everyone who has ever signed up, and to every militia unit it has an email address for, and ask this sort of question.

Consider that the militia much like tha 2a is shall not infringe.   I'd say look back who joined the orginal militias.  A lot of veterans of the french and Indian wars.  Rough and hard men who understood the violence needed but at the same time where trying to avoid to having this war.  However when it broke out they went to work and put that violence to use  .

Our new war will be based on a civil war along the massive divided lines this country has.   Which is fine to me and I mentioned it before why its needed. 

You basically need to vet someone quickly and at the same time vet them at training.

Guest Fed up
27 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Consider that the militia much like tha 2a is shall not infringe.   I'd say look back who joined the orginal militias.  A lot of veterans of the french and Indian wars.  Rough and hard men who understood the violence needed but at the same time where trying to avoid to having this war.  However when it broke out they went to work and put that violence to use  .

Our new war will be based on a civil war along the massive divided lines this country has.   Which is fine to me and I mentioned it before why its needed. 

You basically need to vet someone quickly and at the same time vet them at training.

That's no cake walk

5 minutes ago, Fed up said:

That's no cake walk

It's not and that's why you haven't seen the bigger miltias all that much.  People are lazy and uncommitted.  Hell you can YouTube search miltias and get plenty of documentarys on them.  I normally spend sometime watching them and getting a feel what the people are doing.  More and more I feel that the fire team and squad size is about all your going need or even get.  

It limits the number of people and vetting gets easier.   Plus you run leaderless cells that nobody knows anything about the next squads.

Guest Fed up
7 minutes ago, Megatron said:

It's not and that's why you haven't seen the bigger miltias all that much.  People are lazy and uncommitted.  Hell you can YouTube search miltias and get plenty of documentarys on them.  I normally spend sometime watching them and getting a feel what the people are doing.  More and more I feel that the fire team and squad size is about all your going need or even get.  

It limits the number of people and vetting gets easier.   Plus you run leaderless cells that nobody knows anything about the next squads.

I've been beating the drum for years and trying to inform friends and family. Most just want to ignore the evil and think this is normal

26 minutes ago, Fed up said:

I've been beating the drum for years and trying to inform friends and family. Most just want to ignore the evil and think this is normal

Exactly 

Guest Fed up
15 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Exactly 

One of the many reasons I let my self succumb to addiction but I've been Rebuilding my self for a few years, been off the hard stuff for 2 years now. Depression sucks. But that's in the past, it's time to water a tree or something. I forget what they said.

4 minutes ago, Fed up said:

One of the many reasons I let my self succumb to addiction but I've been Rebuilding my self for a few years, been off the hard stuff for 2 years now. Depression sucks. But that's in the past, it's time to water a tree or something. I forget what they said.

You got it my friend and if you need someone to talk to hit me up on the pm 

Stay strong

About a third of the American people are conservatives. About a third are 'progressives'. About a third are in the middle.  This doesn't mean that each third is made up of highly political, well-read people with worked-out positions on every question from the Federal Reserve to whether delegates to the Electoral College should be allocated in proportion to how many votes each party got in state. It's just basic inclinations.  And this proportion is not fixed: it's moving in the direction of the Left, due to demographics and indoctination of the younger generations.

How to influence the thinking of tens of millions -- about a hundred million  people in the US actually bother to vote, roughly half of those eligible -- is the key question of politics, whether it's electoral politics or something else.  It can't just be left to chance events, on the one hand. On the other hand, there are no magic formulas that will suddenly bring 20 million people over to the liberty-loving side.

The first thing a medical student learns is :  "First, do no harm."   (Because a doctor who is too bold in his treatments can make his patients worse than when they started.)  And this applies to the militia movement in a way it does not apply to the local Republican Party, or Libertarian Discussion Group. Because guns. 

So the first thing that anyone trying to build a viable group has to know is: ordinary people  -- conservatives and liberals -- don't want to shoot their local policeman. Nor do they want to go to prison. Nor do they want to be known as someone who hangs around with people who talk casually about what is, in effect, shooting their local policeman.  (An exception to the rule: AntiFa, certain Black militants, criminals.) 

That's why some of the posts on this website are so harmful, even if they are just casual expressions of frustration. Their effect is to drive people away.  Of course, if someone thinks all is lost, it's hopeless, or that a militia movement cannot be built -- then he won't give a toss about driving people away, it would happen anyway.  And of course an enemy in disguise will want to drive people away, even if he can't provoke an unstable personality  into doing something stupid.

However, that's wrong.  A movement can be built, because events will drive people in our direction -- IF we have the skeleton of an organization there to bring them to.  (It may well be the case at the moment that a local unit shouldn't grow beyond a couple of dozen, and if it does, it should split into two. That's just a contingent, tactical, question.  Later, things may change. Our main weakness at the moment is the lack of  a group of high quality national leaders. They may exist, but right now they have nothing to lead.  A militia movement that has grown to a respectable size ... several hundred, or thousand, in each state, a hundred thousand or more nationally - may call forth good national leadership.  My bet would be retired military men, senior officers.

For any organization, the burning question is always: what to do next?  And at the moment, that means patient groundwork, building durable local groups.

This is an art. It doesn't happen automatically. We need to discuss how it's done.  I would love to get advice from people who have been involved in 'church-planting', because a lot of the problems are similar.

One idea: a successful militia unit has to be more than a few cranky old guys who like to shoot guns and engage in pissing contests around who knows the most about ballistics and weapon design. It's got to be a social group as well, and it's got to have a range of people in it, including people who are not going to be frontline combat infantry.  And it's got to have a present purpose that makes it part of the local community -- a citizens emergency response unit,  not a secretive cabal training for a future civil war.  Even though ... yes ... it's not impossible that such a catastrophe might befall our country.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, RevRifleman said:

The whole militia's are a private army thing is laughable considering that things like Blackwater exist.  

As was also mentioned above... the left wing also has militia type organizations including the redneck revolt and JBGC.  And the lefties in the media just adore their little fash bashing armies.  Folks also forget about the Brown Berets and Black Panthers... both somewhat armed groups.  The left doesn't have as many gun lovers as the right... but, they do have their own militias.  

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/lefties-with-guns-ready-to-ruimble-with-right-wing-militias-says-arizona-anarchist-beth-payne-9221311

Phoenix anarchist Beth Payne says her fellow radicals with rifles in the John Brown Gun Club exist to counter right-wing militias.

This is absolutely true.

The "Blackwater argument" can be used in our defense,  and so can the "Look -- they're doing it as well" argument.

Here's how they will be met and answered by our enemies. (In the final analysis, of course, it will be a jury who decides -- a jury who has been 'prepped' with stories in the media about the scary, 'far-right', 'anti-government' militia.)

1. As for Blackwater and the profit-making private security forces:  they are, or will be, subject to heavy legal regulation and oversight, at least on paper.  I am pretty sure that there is a law that says I cannot manufacture dynamite in my basement.  (And anyone who follows the instructions in The Anarchist Cookbook, or at least the version going around fifty years ago, has a good chance of blowing himself up, if they don't use distilled water and keep the mixture cool.) At least, I hope there is.   But .... if you want to start a company and manufacture dynamite, you can do so: so long as you follow the relevant laws, which  you can find for downloading here:    [  https://www.atf.gov/explosives/docs/report/publication-federal-explosives-laws-and-regulations-atf-p-54007/download   ]. A quick look at what the government says:

Federal Explosives Licensees

Explosives industry members play an integral role in maintaining and improving our quality of life in the United States and work to bring countless benefits to our everyday lives in areas such as mining, oil and gas exploration; demolition; avalanche control; and the use of explosives in special industrial tools, fire extinguishers, air bag inflators, fireworks; and special effects in the entertainment industry. However, because of the potential misuse of explosive materials, ATF’s role plays a vital role in regulating and educating the explosives industry and in protecting the public from inadequate storage and security.

The Bureau and Law Enforcement

Federal explosives law and regulations affect all persons who import, manufacture, deal in, purchase, use, store, or possess explosive materials. They also affect those who ship, transport, cause to be transported, or receive explosive materials. ATF plays a vital role in regulating and educating the explosives industry, and in protecting the public from inadequate storage and security.

Explosive materials are any chemical compound, mixture, or device, the primary or common purpose of which is to function by explosion. The term includes, but is not limited to, dynamite and other high explosives, black powder, pellet powder, initiating explosives, detonators, safety fuses, squibs, detonating cord, igniter cord, and igniters.

Persons who manufacture explosives for their personal, non-business use (e.g., making fireworks to set off on your own property or mixing binary explosive components to remove a stump in your own yard) are not required to have a manufacturer’s license. However, no person may ship, transport, cause to be transported, or receive explosive materials unless such person holds a license or permit.

So that last sentence will be what your lawyer uses to try to keep you out of prison, should you choose to start trying to make explosives.  He probably won't succeed, in which case, send me your prison address and I'll post it here and we'll all send you a Christmas card every year. (By 'you' I don't mean @RevRifleman, with whom I agree on many things, but anyone reading this.) 

So. ... they'll say .. "Okay ...you can have your non-profit Blackwater ... but we'll regulate it."  Remember, they got Al Capone not for murdering people, but for cheating on his income tax.

2. Now, as to the second point: "the Left does it too!" They'll happily add these eccentrics  (and within their community, they are seen as even more eccentric than we are) to the list of organizations to be regulated-out-of-existence. Remember, the serious Left are on the way to controlling the state, at national level certainly, and at the state level in many states. They know they don't need a few kids playing Che Guevara, when they intend to completely control the FBI, assuming that they haven't already, and at least neuter the professional military and police.)

The only thing we can do about this is first of all -- whatever you believe -- BE AWARE OF THE LAW.   "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" is a very old legal principle. For most militia units, I fear it's a chink in our armour through which they can slip a dagger.  This site can go a long way to remedying it -- ANY LAWYERS READING THIS???? WE NEED YOU!!  NOW!!!

Being aware of it, I think, means the following: where you can give a name to yourself, and to your activities, that emphasizes your non-military aspects: your 'Community Emergency Defense' aspects, your 'community self-defense' aspects, do so.  A rose by any other name, would smell as sweet. 

If you have members who keep urging "Action Now!" [and by 'Action' they don't mean building the militia movement, but getting into an armed confrontation with the authorities ]take a really close look at their backgrounds. Even if they are sincere, they're doing the work of the enemy. Try to convince them not to.

Think of it as political activity under conditions of semi-legality or illegality.  The old Communists had a lot of experience in operating in these conditions, and were brilliant at it.  (The Czarist regime banned the Bolshevik newspapers. So they put forward their policies through other, legal ones, like Problems of Insurance.   The Provisional IRA was banned in Northern Ireland. So they started a legal political party, SInn Fein, which was not directly involved in murdering people, but put forward arguments in defense of it.  Almost every serious revoutionary organization has faced the problem of illegality, and, except in fully totalitarian regimes, like North Korea or Cuba, has worked out a way to have a 'legal' organization.

Likewise for everything else: I think it is foolish beyond words to host publications written by private individuals like 'how to make your own homemade explosives'  or 'how to assassinate an enemy' etc.  Why not just paint a big target on your back?  On the other hand, making available all the official government manuals of relevants -- all the Field Manuals, for example -- is quite defensible.

Warfare involves defense as well as offense. One area where the enemy will attack is on the legal front.  We need to be aware of our possible vulnerabilities there, anticipate their attacks, and do what we can to blunt them.