I have a fun one for you guys today. Hypothetically speaking, What would be the best choice of battle flag either for our side or if we use different ones in different areas, what would be your choice? When I say battle flag, the scene I picture is a captured town or city flying our flag above its main government building. what is it?

Author of the topic Posted
3 hours ago, Metalgear63 said:

The Gadsden flag of course. Each "unit" has their own G flag with their call number(s) and regiment or however it is done. My .02!

Untitled.thumb.png.e2f64a935f4ae5fbf61b4937ad5495ee.png

thats a good unit flag, but is that something you would want as the official flag of our captured territory? not hating, just wondering what your thought is on it.

20 hours ago, young patriot said:

thats a good unit flag, but is that something you would want as the official flag of our captured territory? not hating, just wondering what your thought is on it.

I am not a creator as such, twas a thought. Your "captured territory' idea, YP, would have more of a gut impact on adversaries for sure!

It had better be a version of the current American flag. If the fight is over secession -- which is the most likely scenario -- then it might be a re-designed American flag with fewer stars. But it had better be some recognizable version of the American flag.  Definitely NOT the Confederate flag, or any version of the swastika.

Why?  Because the real war will be the war for the support -- active or passive  or just neutral toleration -- of the broad middle of American society. 

People who are highly committed politically, who tend to only interact with others who think like them, always 'way overestimate their support in the rest of the population. Perhaps it's because they like effortless excitement, the sort of thing that watching Rambo on TV gives you, and aren't interested in the tedium of real politics ... handing out leaflets, sitting at a literature table in a public place, going door to door and talking to people. 

But if there is some sort of armed conflict, and the militia movement and its supporters are seen by most people as a minority trying to overthrow the government, then the military will support the legitimate government, and it will be all over.  (And there will be some very surprised people when it turns out that some of the guys in the militia urging immediate armed action, questioning the manhood of anyone who urges caution, talking tough ... turn out to be government agents. Anyone who has studied the tactics of the FBI, especially during the 60s when they penetrated the New Left, will know exactly what I'm talking about.)

The militia movement must be, and must be seen to be, upholding democratic legitimacy.   And so our flag must be seen to be the flag of the American Republic.

On the other hand, to the extent that we can, we need to try to influence the other side to fly the Red Flag, complete with Hammer and Sickle.  If  -- of course, I know we wouldn't dream of doing this, because it's not fair -- but if we had a few people infiltrated into the far Left, they should be making this argument. And we should supply them with ready-made Red Flags with Hammers-and-Sickles, to give out to their comrades to carry on their demonstrations. 

An Anarchist Defense of the Sickle and Hammer – Non-Compete

YES!!!!  That's what we want to see, comrades!!!!!     And please do this at every one of your demonstrations:

Why Flag Burning Is Important and Necessary - Musings - Medium

In fact, if we had a few people inside the far Left, we would want them to be encouraging the burning of the American flag at every demonstration. Again, we could supply our friends with American flags to give to the rest of the Leftist scum to burn... leave them no excuse.

On 5/20/2020 at 4:24 PM, Doug1943 said:

It had better be a version of the current American flag. If the fight is over secession -- which is the most likely scenario -- then it might be a re-designed American flag with fewer stars. But it had better be some recognizable version of the American flag.  Definitely NOT the Confederate flag, or any version of the swastika.

Why?  Because the real war will be the war for the support -- active or passive  or just neutral toleration -- of the broad middle of American society. 

People who are highly committed politically, who tend to only interact with others who think like them, always 'way overestimate their support in the rest of the population. Perhaps it's because they like effortless excitement, the sort of thing that watching Rambo on TV gives you, and aren't interested in the tedium of real politics ... handing out leaflets, sitting at a literature table in a public place, going door to door and talking to people. 

But if there is some sort of armed conflict, and the militia movement and its supporters are seen by most people as a minority trying to overthrow the government, then the military will support the legitimate government, and it will be all over.  (And there will be some very surprised people when it turns out that some of the guys in the militia urging immediate armed action, questioning the manhood of anyone who urges caution, talking tough ... turn out to be government agents. Anyone who has studied the tactics of the FBI, especially during the 60s when they penetrated the New Left, will know exactly what I'm talking about.)

The militia movement must be, and must be seen to be, upholding democratic legitimacy.   And so our flag must be seen to be the flag of the American Republic.

On the other hand, to the extent that we can, we need to try to influence the other side to fly the Red Flag, complete with Hammer and Sickle.  If  -- of course, I know we wouldn't dream of doing this, because it's not fair -- but if we had a few people infiltrated into the far Left, they should be making this argument. And we should supply them with ready-made Red Flags with Hammers-and-Sickles, to give out to their comrades to carry on their demonstrations. 

An Anarchist Defense of the Sickle and Hammer – Non-Compete

YES!!!!  That's what we want to see, comrades!!!!!     And please do this at every one of your demonstrations:

Why Flag Burning Is Important and Necessary - Musings - Medium

In fact, if we had a few people inside the far Left, we would want them to be encouraging the burning of the American flag at every demonstration. Again, we could supply our friends with American flags to give to the rest of the Leftist scum to burn... leave them no excuse.

The main reason i bring up the confederate flag is that many people in the south are very patriotic about the confederate heritage and in some areas it would be beneficial to use that flag. If we are going with an iteration of the american flag, i vote for the three percenter version of the Betsy Ross flag. We could use the gadsden flag and the black three percenter flag as a type of battle flag. 

Posted (edited)

I remember years ago being asked "if it should be a crime to burn an American Flag?"  my answer then was basically that flags are ideals, they represent kingdoms  religions, a ideology, a family, a cult, a army, a country, hell a sports team.   they are just materials made of burnable fibers so let them all burn that way you can sort out the ones that people are truly willing to follow and fight for.  if what it means is valuable the question isn't if it's burnable, but who is willing to put it out and get burned to save it or be consumed by it's flames.  

I would like to think I am willing to get burned.  and I have been a little hesitant to get close to these "rallies" where people burn them, cause I don't as much fear my reaction, I fear the backlash to my actions.  I have just as much right to disagree with them burning it as they do to burn it.  so if I stop them from their protest I am not a good American.  so...  I choose to keep my flags where they belong, waving in the wind, (currently upside-down in distress) and when they are worn from their standing guard proclaiming who I am and what I am willing to live and die for, I retire them to my walls to yet show any one I should invite into my home that ideal I proclaim externally isn't just a show, it's also what I believe to be of value internally.  I carry at least one flag on my bags, I carry my flag into battle on my weapons, as well as imbedded into my skin and blood.  ideals are what we show others by our actions.  so when I work hard keeping America moving, I take pride in my country, and I fly a flag from my crane.  when I drive from A - B I have my flag in my window as I stop to help my fellow Americans as coproaches with that thing blue line drive past...  it's just who I am.  it's how I was born, it's who I strive to be...   simple stripes, simple stars.   a very complex and dynamic history.  and each morning, and even at night I choose who I want to be, and I am fairly sure it's not going to change any time soon.   I choose to be a Dangerous Freedom, or Death... American willing to stand up for what is right even if I may stand alone or lose,  willing to get dirty, uncomfortable, cold, and work hard to design, create, build, maintain, give life to, fix, and yes destroy to better my families future in the land I drive daily, the country I see the colors change in year round, the place where my ancestors conquered the shit out of, explored from coast to coast, and uprooted trees by hand and turned into farm ground to feed families to come after...   and I will honor their effort and I hope they are respected, and not forgotten by me flying that ideal they gave me to fly.  

14270254_usaflag.jpg.9d0c3e47b75d3de79d52369d3d90d02e2.thumb.jpg.8b22167e51170aa1460d7448860feeb4.jpg

IMG_E9849.JPG

IMG_E9846.JPG

Edited by GearBolt Tech

10 hours ago, young patriot said:

The main reason i bring up the confederate flag is that many people in the south are very patriotic about the confederate heritage and in some areas it would be beneficial to use that flag. If we are going with an iteration of the american flag, i vote for the three percenter version of the Betsy Ross flag. We could use the gadsden flag and the black three percenter flag as a type of battle flag. 

I'm a white Southerner, with ancestors in Georgia who fought for the Confederacy.  I absolutely understand that to most Southerners, including me, who care about the flag, it's not a 'symbol of slavery' or even a 'symbol of treason'  (what bullshit that charge is, coming from the flag-burning Left!), but rather a kind of tribal pride symbol, a symbol of defiance ... and most often cherished by the Southern working class, who are at the bottom of the white social heap.

Until the Left decided to make it an issue, it was absolutely no big deal ...you can find TV programs made by Hollywood liberals in the 60s and 70s and probably even the 80s in which the Confederate flag just symbolizes good ole boys, perhaps patronized a bit by the Hollywood intelligentsia, but not seen as racists.

My proof that the Confederate Flag was seen as a regional/tribal symbol ... and even one that could, in theory, include Blacks, is the fact that a prominent Civil Rights organization at the time, the Southern Students Organizing Committee, made this button:

image.png.ee5db7ef2b1f457f114fadb59377e21e.png

Beleive it or not, I was very active in the Southern Civil Rights movement and used to have one of these buttons.

And the Mississippi Freedom Democrats  (long story -- a liberal group of Mississippi Democrats who tried to be recognized as the official delegation at the 1968 Democratic Convention) had this button:

image.png.16f3949ce8e4760a4d88c26a400b9f98.png

Which proves that, until the dishonest liars of the Left twisted its meaning, the Confederate battle flag (to be precise) was seen by everybody as a regional/tribal symbol, and the 'tribal' (white) aspect of it was so tenuous that it was at least plausible that it could be  a regional symbol purely, i.e. one that could represent Southerners of all colors.

That turned out to be a bit of a stretch, but it was not considered crazy at the time.  (In contrast, you cannot imagine the swastika being used in some sort of icon of Jewish-German reconciliation -- because the swastika was a purely political symbol, not a tribal/national/regional one. Or rather, the Nazis succeeded in making it their symbol. More about that in a minute.)  

And, although Yankees may find this hard to believe, and it's true that things have changed now... it used to be the case that there was definitely something in common between Black and white Southerners that was not found in people from the North, Black or white. It's hard to define, but its roots were in the rural, and poor, nature of the South .... a certain relaxed, laid-back style, hospitality to strangers...  you probably know that there was a whole school of literature around Southern writers, nearly a century ago, which celebrated this difference. [See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Agrarians]   Anyway, that's all pretty much gone now. We're more like the North, or we're more like each other, more's the pity. 

Nor were the Confederates  seen as despicable traitors, despite some  slogans by Northern armchair warriors at the time. The best picture of the attitude of Union soldiers to Confederate soldiers is what happened at the formal surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox, as reported by one of the greatest soldiers of the Union Army, Joshual Chamberlain, who took the surrender:

On the morning of April 9, 1865, Chamberlain learned of the desire by General Robert E. Lee to surrender the Army of Northern Virginia when a Confederate staff officer approached him under a flag of truce. "Sir," he reported to Chamberlain, "I am from General Gordon. General Lee desires a cessation of hostilities until he can hear from General Grant as to the proposed surrender." The next day, Chamberlain was summoned to Union headquarters where Maj. Gen. Charles Griffin informed him that he had been selected to preside over the parade of the Confederate infantry as part of their formal surrender at Appomattox Court House on April 12.

Thus Chamberlain was responsible for one of the most poignant scenes of the American Civil War. As the Confederate soldiers marched down the road to surrender their arms and colors, Chamberlain, on his own initiative, ordered his men to come to attention and "carry arms" as a show of respect. In memoirs written forty years after the event, Chamberlain described what happened next:

Gordon, at the head of the marching column, outdoes us in courtesy. He was riding with downcast eyes and more than pensive look; but at this clatter of arms he raises his eyes and instantly catching the significance, wheels his horse with that superb grace of which he is master, drops the point of his sword to his stirrup, gives a command, at which the great Confederate ensign following him is dipped and his decimated brigades, as they reach our right, respond to the 'carry.' All the while on our part not a sound of trumpet or drum, not a cheer, nor a word nor motion of man, but awful stillness as if it were the passing of the dead.

[SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Chamberlain    Joshua Chamberlain was an amazing man ... a college professor who became a war hero. Read the Wiki article on him, and then read Michael Shaara' The Killer Angels, about the battle of Gettysburg and Chamberlain's role in it.]   

Can you imagine the human garbage of AntiFa fighting on either side of that monumental struggle?  Or having the grace to behave as both sides did at the surrender?

Nonetheless ... the Confederate flag must be reserved for Southern family reunions,  private celebrations and the like.  It would be fatal to make it part of the militia movement, even in the South. The hard reality is, the Left have succeeded in making it, in the eyes of most Americans, a symbol of slavery.  All the eloquent arguments you can make about its not being that [see above!], won't have any effect. If it appears at militia or patriotic gatherings, it will just be a gift to the Left, a stupid selfish act of self-indulgence by people who don't care about building the movement and having it bring in the hundreds of thousands that it must have.

In a way, it's like the swastika, which is actually an ancient symbol for good luck, and a spiritual symbol for several Eastern religions. Suppose some Hindu-Americans joined the militia movement, and wanted to bring a swastika flag to a demonstration. They could argue that this is their symbol, they've had it for two thousand years, it means auspiciousness, it was hijacked by the Nazis ... all true, but it would be a really deeply stupid thing to do. Confederate flag, same same.

There's one more argument: let's agree for the sake of argument that the Confederate flag is a regional/tribal symbol: the symbol of white Southerners.  But we want the militia movement to be an American movement, not a confederation of different racial and tribal groups. The American flag is NOT the symbol of any race or religion or nationality -- it's the symbol of every American citizen who adheres to the ideas set down in the Declaration of Independence, and then given substance over time.  It represents a different kind of 'nationalism' -- it's what makes America different as a nation.  Now ... the Left is working hard to break this down, to split this country along the racial fracture lines, which are real. We have to do just the opposite.

All of us Patriots should be flying thr whiskey Rebellion flag and under the history of how inside of 10 years. The brand new government was screwing over the public with taxes.  Then formed a military to kill them too.

7 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

I'm a white Southerner, with ancestors in Georgia who fought for the Confederacy.  I absolutely understand that to most Southerners, including me, who care about the flag, it's not a 'symbol of slavery' or even a 'symbol of treason'  (what bullshit that charge is, coming from the flag-burning Left!), but rather a kind of tribal pride symbol, a symbol of defiance ... and most often cherished by the Southern working class, who are at the bottom of the white social heap.

Until the Left decided to make it an issue, it was absolutely no big deal ...you can find TV programs made by Hollywood liberals in the 60s and 70s and probably even the 80s in which the Confederate flag just symbolizes good ole boys, perhaps patronized a bit by the Hollywood intelligentsia, but not seen as racists.

My proof that the Confederate Flag was seen as a regional/tribal symbol ... and even one that could, in theory, include Blacks, is the fact that a prominent Civil Rights organization at the time, the Southern Students Organizing Committee, made this button:

image.png.ee5db7ef2b1f457f114fadb59377e21e.png

Beleive it or not, I was very active in the Southern Civil Rights movement and used to have one of these buttons.

And the Mississippi Freedom Democrats  (long story -- a liberal group of Mississippi Democrats who tried to be recognized as the official delegation at the 1968 Democratic Convention) had this button:

image.png.16f3949ce8e4760a4d88c26a400b9f98.png

Which proves that, until the dishonest liars of the Left twisted its meaning, the Confederate battle flag (to be precise) was seen by everybody as a regional/tribal symbol, and the 'tribal' (white) aspect of it was so tenuous that it was at least plausible that it could be  a regional symbol purely, i.e. one that could represent Southerners of all colors.

That turned out to be a bit of a stretch, but it was not considered crazy at the time.  (In contrast, you cannot imagine the swastika being used in some sort of icon of Jewish-German reconciliation -- because the swastika was a purely political symbol, not a tribal/national/regional one. Or rather, the Nazis succeeded in making it their symbol. More about that in a minute.)  

And, although Yankees may find this hard to believe, and it's true that things have changed now... it used to be the case that there was definitely something in common between Black and white Southerners that was not found in people from the North, Black or white. It's hard to define, but its roots were in the rural, and poor, nature of the South .... a certain relaxed, laid-back style, hospitality to strangers...  you probably know that there was a whole school of literature around Southern writers, nearly a century ago, which celebrated this difference. [See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Agrarians]   Anyway, that's all pretty much gone now. We're more like the North, or we're more like each other, more's the pity. 

Nor were the Confederates  seen as despicable traitors, despite some  slogans by Northern armchair warriors at the time. The best picture of the attitude of Union soldiers to Confederate soldiers is what happened at the formal surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox, as reported by one of the greatest soldiers of the Union Army, Joshual Chamberlain, who took the surrender:

[SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Chamberlain    Joshua Chamberlain was an amazing man ... a college professor who became a war hero. Read the Wiki article on him, and then read Michael Shaara' The Killer Angels, about the battle of Gettysburg and Chamberlain's role in it.]   

Can you imagine the human garbage of AntiFa fighting on either side of that monumental struggle?  Or having the grace to behave as both sides did at the surrender?

Nonetheless ... the Confederate flag must be reserved for Southern family reunions,  private celebrations and the like.  It would be fatal to make it part of the militia movement, even in the South. The hard reality is, the Left have succeeded in making it, in the eyes of most Americans, a symbol of slavery.  All the eloquent arguments you can make about its not being that [see above!], won't have any effect. If it appears at militia or patriotic gatherings, it will just be a gift to the Left, a stupid selfish act of self-indulgence by people who don't care about building the movement and having it bring in the hundreds of thousands that it must have.

In a way, it's like the swastika, which is actually an ancient symbol for good luck, and a spiritual symbol for several Eastern religions. Suppose some Hindu-Americans joined the militia movement, and wanted to bring a swastika flag to a demonstration. They could argue that this is their symbol, they've had it for two thousand years, it means auspiciousness, it was hijacked by the Nazis ... all true, but it would be a really deeply stupid thing to do. Confederate flag, same same.

There's one more argument: let's agree for the sake of argument that the Confederate flag is a regional/tribal symbol: the symbol of white Southerners.  But we want the militia movement to be an American movement, not a confederation of different racial and tribal groups. The American flag is NOT the symbol of any race or religion or nationality -- it's the symbol of every American citizen who adheres to the ideas set down in the Declaration of Independence, and then given substance over time.  It represents a different kind of 'nationalism' -- it's what makes America different as a nation.  Now ... the Left is working hard to break this down, to split this country along the racial fracture lines, which are real. We have to do just the opposite.

i believe that theres a chance the country will balkanize during the war. If that happens, i hope the confederacy, if even for a short time, is reinstated. At least personally. Our land is defendable and it would be easiest to pull it off here and in the redoubt. Speaking of, i think the redoubt should become its own country during the war as well, it is perfectly feasible. keep in mind, the colonies didnt always fight in perfect unison. 

I roll with the 13 star on my carrier.  Seems to me that any true American Revolution is essentially a reset to the original ideals of the Republic as set forth at the Founding. 

I love our 50 star flag and I won't let the enemy have it. 

13 Star sends the message of Constitutional Revolution while at the same time showing due respect to our current flag... which I would expect to see flying high when the dust settles.  

38 minutes ago, young patriot said:

i believe that theres a chance the country will balkanize during the war. If that happens, i hope the confederacy, if even for a short time, is reinstated. At least personally. Our land is defendable and it would be easiest to pull it off here and in the redoubt. Speaking of, i think the redoubt should become its own country during the war as well, it is perfectly feasible. keep in mind, the colonies didnt always fight in perfect unison. 

Well, although there are a lot of reasons to believe that dividing America into sovereign Red and Blue sections may occur -- or the attempt may occur -- it's probably not something to make a big deal of right now, in the militia movement.  A little deal, yes. But the militia movement is already scary enough to many people. It doesn't need to be associated with the idea of secession ... although of course we should discuss it (as I do).

As for the South ... I'm afraid it's going Blue.  Texas will be Blue within a couple of more years. Virginia already is.  These states may go back and forth for a while, but the direction of motion is pretty clear. The only really solid states are those in the Northwest, the so-called 'Redoubt' states, plus the eastern parts of Washington and Oregon. 

However, no one knows the future.  As the Hard Left take over the Democratic Party, we may see some dramatic changes.  And it's not completely crazy to envisage -- if the Left will not let us leave peacefully -- a Yugoslavia-type situation, with bloody forced population transfers. The latter have been quite common in the 20th Century, in fact.  It would be a tragedy.

The 13 star i like. And for us southerners the confederacies flags had 13 stars as well. I do agree that for now we should shift our attention to the future and not the past. 

I like the individual unit flags, but think that a current american flag with the 13 stars would be the best overall. 

There is an added advantage of using the "Betsy Ross Flag". [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Ross_flag]:

The Left are now stuck with claiming that it's a symbol of racism. Newsweek magazine, a captive of politically-correct journalists now, put the case as best as it could be put here: https://www.newsweek.com/betsy-ross-flag-meaning-history-racist-1447174       ... it's worth reading the comments from their readers to see how monumentally stupid that argument is. We need to push them into a corner on this one: resolutions endorsing and praising  the flag should be put at every school board meeting, every city council meeting, every place possible ...  (you see why we need to be in politics?)  ... and make them vote against it.  Nail them down on it.

So ... the Betsy Ross Flag it is!

Is the Betsy Ross Flag Racist? Meaning, History and Symbolism Behind U.S.A.'s 13-Star Flag

1 minute ago, Ideological Gambler said:

Now i gotta get a betsy ross flag to fly by the stars and bars

If you have never read The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara ... you MUST read it.  I think it's required reading at one of the Staff Colleges.  They made a movie of it, Gettysburg, which wasn't too bad in the sense that it followed the plot, but it didn't have the depth of the book in terms of examining the characters of Chamberlain, Lee, and Longstreet.  It not only gives you a deep appreciation of the American character -- North and South -- and why this country really is different ... but it's an excellently-written war novel ... one of the best I've ever read.   Ten bucks on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Killer-Angels-Classic-Novel-Civil/dp/B005WM81AW/

19 minutes ago, Ideological Gambler said:

I will have to check it out @ Doug1943

You won't be disappointed. In theory, it's part of trilogy, the second part. But the other two (both of which were written by his son) don't have the depth of  The Killer Angels, at least according to me. What is remarkable is that he was an obscure writer of (mainly) science fiction before he wrote that book -- it was a visit with his family to Gettysburg, where they had some sort of profound, moving, experience, apparently -- that caused him to undertake deep research into the Civil War, and then write his magnificent novel. The terrible pity is that, while it won the Pulitzer Prize in 1975, it was not a commercial success, until after his early death, when the movie Gettysburg, based on it, was made, sparking interest in the novel.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Matt In West Virginia said:

I'm just curious... Do you know what the "Confederate heritage" is?

a pride in our region. I've always said, no one kicked the unions ass like we did. There were many brave confederates and some of our best military leaders as a country were confederates. Its just something we have to ourselves to be proud of. 

On 5/22/2020 at 7:08 PM, young patriot said:

No one knows the future, and the particular divisions and alliances that might occur in a future conflict.  We might see the Southwest wanting to break away and unite with Mexico  or become an independent Aztlan, (persuaded, perhaps, by the narco cartels, aiming for a state they control completely, instead of one like the present Mexican government, which just shares power with them).  We might see a strong upsurge in Black nationalism, with the idea of a 'Republic of New Afrika' become a rallying point. We might even have a strong alliance with the western Canadian provinces, where there are a lot of people unhappy with the Canadian plunge into politically-correct thought control.  No one can say. 

Keep in mind this: America is 13% Black. For them, whatever the historical reality, the Confederate Flag now means the Ku Klux Klan. So anyone flying that flag can count on the absolute visceral hatred of the Black population, possibly the Hispanic as well.  And, in my opinion, they wouldn't be wrong, either.  While if Young Patriot honors the Confederate Flag, or if I do, it means a certain sort of nostalgia ... a lot of the people who like that flag like it for precisely the wrong reasons: it means a whites-only society.  I might invite a turkey to my Christmas dinner, and mean no harm, but generally, turkeys will wisely avoid such invitations.

As for the South: it's not an all-white society. About 20% of the South is Black. Why make automatic enemies of them? (https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2014/12/10/the-south-remains-a-black-white-region/)

Now .. realistically, I would be very surprised if in some future struggle, a large fraction of the Black population opted to join the patriots. But we needn't make a virtue of a regrettable fact.  Some Black people will opt to join us, understanding that they are  likely to have a better future in a non-racialist Constitutional Republic rather than in whatever insane Frankenstein of a state the Left puts together, trying to placate Muslim fundamentalists and militant homosexuals at the same time, while opening their borders and offering free everything to everyone.

But there is a more important reason that we should positively strive to have as many non-whites as possible in the patriotic movement, if possible in positions of leadership: the prominent participation of non-whites in the patriotic movement, besides being an accretion of numerical strength, will also serve a very useful purpose: it will help calm the doubts and fears of the broad middle of American society that we are really crazy racists.  It will neutralize some, and bring others over to us.   And don't forget that the American military is now about 40% non-white.

And this battle for the middle is the most crucial battle of all. If we win it, we've won. If we don't win it, things will be  ... difficult.  And 'winning' doesn't mean bringing them over to the patriotic side ... it means making them think, "Well, if they want to leave, let them. Why not? They've got some crazy ideas, but they're not Nazis."   (It's not accidental that the Progressive Left love to call us 'Nazis'. They do that for a reason -- it's an attempt to sterilize the ground around us, so that no one will listen to us.)

So ... fly that Confederate Flag at family reunions, if your family are Southerners.  But making it part of the patriot movement means pushing over, potentially, several hundred thousand, maybe several million, people to the other side.

Hell , sing this song at your family reunion, if you want to. Just keep it private!  (For that matter, there are probably things some Black people say in private about whites, that they are too polite, or too politic, to say in public. This is how life is.)

On 5/29/2020 at 5:07 AM, Doug1943 said:

No one knows the future, and the particular divisions and alliances that might occur in a future conflict.  We might see the Southwest wanting to break away and unite with Mexico  or become an independent Aztlan, (persuaded, perhaps, by the narco cartels, aiming for a state they control completely, instead of one like the present Mexican government, which just shares power with them).  We might see a strong upsurge in Black nationalism, with the idea of a 'Republic of New Afrika' become a rallying point. We might even have a strong alliance with the western Canadian provinces, where there are a lot of people unhappy with the Canadian plunge into politically-correct thought control.  No one can say. 

Keep in mind this: America is 13% Black. For them, whatever the historical reality, the Confederate Flag now means the Ku Klux Klan. So anyone flying that flag can count on the absolute visceral hatred of the Black population, possibly the Hispanic as well.  And, in my opinion, they wouldn't be wrong, either.  While if Young Patriot honors the Confederate Flag, or if I do, it means a certain sort of nostalgia ... a lot of the people who like that flag like it for precisely the wrong reasons: it means a whites-only society.  I might invite a turkey to my Christmas dinner, and mean no harm, but generally, turkeys will wisely avoid such invitations.

As for the South: it's not an all-white society. About 20% of the South is Black. Why make automatic enemies of them? (https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2014/12/10/the-south-remains-a-black-white-region/)

Now .. realistically, I would be very surprised if in some future struggle, a large fraction of the Black population opted to join the patriots. But we needn't make a virtue of a regrettable fact.  Some Black people will opt to join us, understanding that they are  likely to have a better future in a non-racialist Constitutional Republic rather than in whatever insane Frankenstein of a state the Left puts together, trying to placate Muslim fundamentalists and militant homosexuals at the same time, while opening their borders and offering free everything to everyone.

But there is a more important reason that we should positively strive to have as many non-whites as possible in the patriotic movement, if possible in positions of leadership: the prominent participation of non-whites in the patriotic movement, besides being an accretion of numerical strength, will also serve a very useful purpose: it will help calm the doubts and fears of the broad middle of American society that we are really crazy racists.  It will neutralize some, and bring others over to us.   And don't forget that the American military is now about 40% non-white.

And this battle for the middle is the most crucial battle of all. If we win it, we've won. If we don't win it, things will be  ... difficult.  And 'winning' doesn't mean bringing them over to the patriotic side ... it means making them think, "Well, if they want to leave, let them. Why not? They've got some crazy ideas, but they're not Nazis."   (It's not accidental that the Progressive Left love to call us 'Nazis'. They do that for a reason -- it's an attempt to sterilize the ground around us, so that no one will listen to us.)

So ... fly that Confederate Flag at family reunions, if your family are Southerners.  But making it part of the patriot movement means pushing over, potentially, several hundred thousand, maybe several million, people to the other side.

Hell , sing this song at your family reunion, if you want to. Just keep it private!  (For that matter, there are probably things some Black people say in private about whites, that they are too polite, or too politic, to say in public. This is how life is.)

i understand. I guess we will just have to wait and see. though it doesnt look like we are gonna have to wait long...