AvidC

Educate the Public

Posted (edited)

Hey guys. Wanted to start a post here to see if anyone is involved in activities aimed at educating the public to the benefits of the Militia OR if anyone would want to put something together? I'd like an opportunity to present our constitutional rights to interested people in the public. 

I'm not talking about getting together in our kits at the courthouse. I'm talking about a food drive or feeding the homeless accompanied with a positive focused media outlet. 

Let's make a difference. Yeah? 

Edited by AvidC

Not really,   the sheep dont pay attention to anything.  Hell's angels have food drives and does that change the image ?

I rather just say be a good citizen and help whenever you can.  Push a guy out of a snow bank or help a lady change a tire.  ....  the perks of a militia.....  nobody will honestly care.  Finding people who have both the drive and heart to join will come from themselves. 

Author of the topic Posted
25 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Not really,   the sheep dont pay attention to anything.  Hell's angels have food drives and does that change the image ?

I rather just say be a good citizen and help whenever you can.  Push a guy out of a snow bank or help a lady change a tire.  ....  the perks of a militia.....  nobody will honestly care.  Finding people who have both the drive and heart to join will come from themselves. 

Hey Megatron, unfortunately this country is in the Propaganda stage of a revolution. This looks completely different than LARPing. Educating the uninformed and convincing the undecided are crucial to the continuation of a constitutional revolution. Some people are only in it for the physical fight, but the fighting goes much further than and looks much different than what you've described, though those are important elements of creating a positive image for Militias, they reflect more on yourself than a grouping of organized individuals.  There are 2 generations of people currently that don't understand what Militia is. Let's provide them with the opportunity to learn. 

As for the Hell's Angles food drives. My guess is the image the recipients have of the organization is much different than the vast public perception. Hells Angles have created the image they desire and are comfortable with that. Why should the Militia strive for anything less? Unless an effort is put forth, we will always be stuck with other people's impression or interpretation instead of pushing the message we choose. 

90 percent of the population will stay home and enjoy it because the government told them to fear it.  They see militia and think nut jobs.  Unless you can curb the nut Jobs who seem to find news station and rant about killing Mexicans.  You cant even begin 

53 minutes ago, Megatron said:

90 percent of the population will stay home and enjoy it because the government told them to fear it.  They see militia and think nut jobs.  Unless you can curb the nut Jobs who seem to find news station and rant about killing Mexicans.  You cant even begin 

Again... Propaganda war. Currently, you are a causality. 

24 minutes ago, AvidC said:

Again... Propaganda war. Currently, you are a causality. 

Nope I just see it for what it is.  I dont control much outside my own ao.  So why would I think we could change anything outside of my operations.    B

The country is failing and you will not be able to course correct it.   Its far to late that and when it does crush down you can pick it back up and maybe then some of the passive sheep will join.  However I will say people are 98 percent lazy and expect others to do it.

13 minutes ago, Hamphire Co. Patriot group said:

Megatron Sir,

I think you have a  great idea. To influence as many Americans as possible helps to our end cause.

Megatron doesnt believe it will make a difference... you realize that right? 

Posted (edited)

Sir,

You my friend influence people every day. I do not know you yet, however we have something in common, we are patriots. No man can know another mans heart, only God know the intentions of the heart. Every time you change your mind, or make a decision, you have been influenced by an outside source. If you feel Lead to do anything good follow your heart.

If you want to see a great example of influence, check out the first post on my face book page at : Hampshire Patriot Group.

Mike

Edited by Hamphire Co. Patriot group

8 hours ago, AvidC said:

Hey guys. Wanted to start a post here to see if anyone is involved in activities aimed at educating the public to the benefits of the Militia OR if anyone would want to put something together? I'd like an opportunity to present our constitutional rights to interested people in the public. 

I'm not talking about getting together in our kits at the courthouse. I'm talking about a food drive or feeding the homeless accompanied with a positive focused media outlet. 

Let's make a difference. Yeah? 

I'm in. How shall we start? I think buying bags of rice will be a good idea. It's cheap, you get a lot of it, it feeds multiple people and can keep for years at a time. 

Run a quick Google search on the word "Militia," see what pops up first and is further repeated as you scroll down. "Right-wing extremist," "White Supremacists," "Conspiracy theory nuts." All words linked to and frequently used to describe Militias or members of a Militia. 

How do you change that perception?

Why not use skills and abilities that should be staples of any Militia? Examples of those would be, but are not limited to: General Preparedness, Emergency Medical training, Community service, emergency communications, disaster relief aid. We need to change and alter what the Word, "Militia," means to people; Be able to offer assistance to those in need in a multitude of ways. I think there has been too much of a narrow minded focus on the combatant mindset for those in and thinking of joining a Militia. To expand beyond the traditional meaning and purpose is, to me, the next logical step. 

Some thought on how to go about it: Train and become as proficient as professionals with as many practical skills as possible. Then offer those skills to the community in both good times and bad. Build and cultivate good relationships with local Sheriffs, Fire Cheifs, and Emergency responder dispatch. If they become overwhelmed in really bad situations, offer assistance in any way we can, even with small or menial tasks. Help coordinate with local officials such as a Mayors office or Town Council. 

Starting small will be important though. Cities like Indy, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Gary to name a few will plainly ignore any aid offered until a good relationship with a number of small towns is well established. 

Lastly, something to be avoided as a primary means of recruitment or outreach is a focus on firearms, weapons and defensive training. I, in no way, think that it should be excluded in what active members training should include. However, if it's the very first thing that people are exposed to when interacting with Milita members, it's only going to serve to perpetuate the current negative image. 

Thoughts?

14 hours ago, Rascaldees said:

I'm in. How shall we start? I think buying bags of rice will be a good idea. It's cheap, you get a lot of it, it feeds multiple people and can keep for years at a time. 

Mylar bag it with o2 absorbers and then put it in a sealed food grade bucket.    It will last forever 

It's a good idea but you need more then rice.    Wheats sugar and oat meal 

2 hours ago, Megatron said:

Mylar bag it with o2 absorbers and then put it in a sealed food grade bucket.    It will last forever 

It's a good idea but you need more then rice.    Wheats sugar and oat meal 

Rice would be a good start though yeah? 

Let's see...

Rice

Oatmeal

Maybe some canned veggies and fruits?

44 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

Rice would be a good start though yeah? 

Let's see...

Rice

Oatmeal

Maybe some canned veggies and fruits?

Exactly the mylar and o2 absorbers are key .    

If you can goods then your golden.    A wheat grinder is also a must like the country living grain mill.

Guest Fed up
On 5/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, Megatron said:

Exactly the mylar and o2 absorbers are key .    

If you can goods then your golden.    A wheat grinder is also a must like the country living grain mill.

On 5/19/2020 at 8:21 AM, Megatron said:

You still have to start somewhere to get somewhere, you can't expect every interaction to be a success and every person willing to change their mind. We must not abandone ideas and ideals because we FEEL like it's moot, that's when you've/we've lost.

Ladies and gentlemen...

We should unite for this goal under one banner nationwide. A common cause will make our divided voices louder.

Let's start with getting rid of the Assault Weapons Ban of 1964. How can we accomplish this? Realistic inquiries only.

18 hours ago, Rascaldees said:

Ladies and gentlemen...

We should unite for this goal under one banner nationwide. A common cause will make our divided voices louder.

Let's start with getting rid of the Assault Weapons Ban of 1964. How can we accomplish this? Realistic inquiries only.

I have always been a proponent of being under one banner, or even one banner per state, but have seen that this movement draws too many type A personalities for that to ever come to fruition. No commander will want to give up his power, just ask any of the generals or supreme commanders on this site.

I think you probably mean the Gun Control Act of 1968. You (and all of us) need to contact your senators and representatives and have the Gun Control Act of 1934 repealed first, as it was the foundation of the 1968 act. Then the 1968 act could be called for repeal. If that were successful, we would then need to stop the 2019 Assault Weapons Ban https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj1gvDah9fpAhUImeAKHXlOA1oQFjAEegQIDxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.congress.gov%2Fbill%2F116th-congress%2Fsenate-bill%2F66&usg=AOvVaw2VhYu3OZI0heoihvF2X5H5

I'm sure you guys have contacted your legislators already about this one. If you have not, get on the phone today.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Tempstar said:

I have always been a proponent of being under one banner, or even one banner per state, but have seen that this movement draws too many type A personalities for that to ever come to fruition. No commander will want to give up his power, just ask any of the generals or supreme commanders on this site.

I think you probably mean the Gun Control Act of 1968. You (and all of us) need to contact your senators and representatives and have the Gun Control Act of 1934 repealed first, as it was the foundation of the 1968 act. Then the 1968 act could be called for repeal. If that were successful, we would then need to stop the 2019 Assault Weapons Ban https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj1gvDah9fpAhUImeAKHXlOA1oQFjAEegQIDxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.congress.gov%2Fbill%2F116th-congress%2Fsenate-bill%2F66&usg=AOvVaw2VhYu3OZI0heoihvF2X5H5

I'm sure you guys have contacted your legislators already about this one. If you have not, get on the phone today.

I will willingly step down to any more experienced commander so long as their ideas make sense and they are intelligent enough. That's not me tooting my horn. That's me making a statement. We need powerful leadership. Too many chiefs and not enough indians will make us falter. 

We can contact our local legislators but as is the case of Virginia where the government passed a bill during quarantine when the people could not protest I feel as though this measure might not be enough. I am not advocating violence, mind you. But I do think we need to take different measures in order to ensure success. 

What those measures are; I have no idea. Not yet anyways. 

My MAIN point is that we, the militias, need to unite under a common cause. We've got some out there chasing after abortion, some chasing gun laws, some chasing term limits and some chasing various other causes. Our attention is so divided that we cannot hope to be effective on a national scale. 

Edited by Rascaldees
Main point missed

On 5/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, Outrider said:

Run a quick Google search on the word "Militia," see what pops up first and is further repeated as you scroll down. "Right-wing extremist," "White Supremacists," "Conspiracy theory nuts." All words linked to and frequently used to describe Militias or members of a Militia. 

How do you change that perception?

Why not use skills and abilities that should be staples of any Militia? Examples of those would be, but are not limited to: General Preparedness, Emergency Medical training, Community service, emergency communications, disaster relief aid. We need to change and alter what the Word, "Militia," means to people; Be able to offer assistance to those in need in a multitude of ways. I think there has been too much of a narrow minded focus on the combatant mindset for those in and thinking of joining a Militia. To expand beyond the traditional meaning and purpose is, to me, the next logical step. 

Some thought on how to go about it: Train and become as proficient as professionals with as many practical skills as possible. Then offer those skills to the community in both good times and bad. Build and cultivate good relationships with local Sheriffs, Fire Cheifs, and Emergency responder dispatch. If they become overwhelmed in really bad situations, offer assistance in any way we can, even with small or menial tasks. Help coordinate with local officials such as a Mayors office or Town Council. 

Starting small will be important though. Cities like Indy, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Gary to name a few will plainly ignore any aid offered until a good relationship with a number of small towns is well established. 

Lastly, something to be avoided as a primary means of recruitment or outreach is a focus on firearms, weapons and defensive training. I, in no way, think that it should be excluded in what active members training should include. However, if it's the very first thing that people are exposed to when interacting with Milita members, it's only going to serve to perpetuate the current negative image. 

Thoughts?

I have a lot of professional training in Marketing. Many of those search results you see are do to poorly designed media by Militia members. With some technical skills, a good knowledge of how search engines work, some should long term key words and co sostent positive content surrounding what you speak of the search results can be changed. In my mind, that is one of the first steps, the vast majority of people go to the web first for info. 

Second is having people in local Militas that actually respond. I've personally been waiting a month for a meeting with the local "Militia". Communication has been horrible, instructions not followed through with and the appearance of very little interest. If that is happening to me, I cant imagine what happens to others that are interested as well. It makes me believe the local group is just a bunch of redneck LARP'ers that like to get together and play millitary... by the way... that's the perception of most of the popluation.... wonder why. 

If there is a group of people that are serious and interested, willing to start from scratch, let's talk.