So a ton of militia plans that I've seen, being a somewhat experienced militia guy, is to 'run to the mountains, regroup there then counter attack. Well I have a number of problems with this plan. I've also seen a number of plans that involve 'head to the countryside, regroup there, then attack this thing' which I also have a number of issues with. In my experience it is best to make your plans under the assumption that you are your own enemy. Everything you know, your enemy knows. Everything you don't know the worst must be assumed. 

Firstly... no group is perfect and a lot of groups communicate over Facebook. Facebook is notorious for its censorship but I have a feeling there is more at play here. A few militia groups aren't being censored but why do you think that's the case? It's not because your goal is so wonderful that a corrupt government doesn't want to take it down. It's because it's a tactical outlet in which your enemy is gaining your plans. You don't even have to be a spy in order to do it. You can just log into Facebook and view the page; which in turn brings about the question of what else they can see if they use admin privileges. 

Since the enemy knows our plans let's move to step two of the many step problems we face with these generic plans. Step two is transportation. A military or any fighting force requires a great deal of equipment. How much equipment? A LOT of equipment. Just for funsies we are going to assume that the average person only needs two pounds of food per day. Then we will put an eight pound weapon, twenty pounds of armor, a helmet, a backpack, water (which you need a LOT of), FLC/LBE/MOLL-E, your clothing and the spares which all have weight and the fact that many of our number are older gentlemen with disabilities. 

The short version is you are not marching anywhere without several weeks of travel time. My time in U.S. Crow is an excellent example of this. I lived in Goldsboro North Carolina at the time and their plan was for everyone to march all the way to the mountains past Charlotte. Charlotte from Goldsboro is three hours and a half away... by car... and the mountains are another two hours by car. While it's true you can take shortcuts you can't normally take on foot there is no possible way to travel that far with that much equipment in a meaningful amount of time. It's horridly impractical. 

Furthermore an exodus like that will draw a lot of attention. Assuming you are moving in vehicles you now have a few hours where you are completely exposed from the air and air support wins wars in the modern battlefield. If you're on foot it's a little better but again; you have a time you have to beat. Your militia travelling for two weeks isn't going to be worth anything if the military catches up in a few hours and levels your position with artillery. Isolated units like in this scenario are prime targets for artillery, air strikes, drone strikes, tanks and other overwhelming odds that simply put there is no way to fight back against while you're exhausted from marching and carrying a heavy load... much less if you're in a car because then they don't even have to let you see them. 

But let's assume that the group makes it to the rallying point and you're all somehow not obliterated. What then? You need clean water, readily accessible food, sanitation, shelter and warmth in order to survive. So are you going to build a log cabin out in the woods? That'll take even more of your time that you don't have. And most of us aren't construction workers or architects. While it's not impossible to build a log cabin without being one it is also very possible for it to collapse underneath its own weight in a few scant months. Additionally all the work you're putting in to 'stay off the grid' is putting you right back on the grid since you're knocking down trees, using equipment, knocking down more trees for farmland and making a LOT of noise. If I was your foe I wouldn't bother landing troops. I'd just drone strike the area to nothingness and be done with it because it's cheaper and the propaganda you want to put out just got missile struck to ashes. 

But okay, let's assume somehow with all this high tech satellite imagery, surveillance drones, aircraft and just general recon that I haven't spotted anyone. You're now at least several hours or even DAYS away from civilization which is where your teams need to strike. In other words I have hours or DAYS to figure out your plans assuming you haven't just posted them on Facebook or that a random soldier doesn't spot you in the woods and send a SALUTE report. I also don't have to figure out anything necessarily. If I see your force coming... missiles work well. I don't HAVE to do anything. 

STOP MAKING IT EASY FOR THEM!!!

I have pushed the issues of this generic plan above far enough I think. Those of you with skulls too thick to think about what I just proposed (which is pretty realistic in the case of a TYRANNICAL government) should remove yourselves from command. 

However... there is an alternative. 

Stay in your home and stop trying to do anything. Relax. Let the enemy take over (I'm getting there, keep with me). When they come for your guns, hand them your pistols. Notice I said pistols? That's because those are the only things that are registered. Hide your guns elsewhere in a location that is safe, secure and most importantly won't damage the firearms. HIDE THEM! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A GUERILLA FIGHTER! ACT LIKE ONE! Then since you 'handed everything over' you are no longer a threat, right? 

Wait a week or two. Go and see your friends, go to work, go to school. Act NORMAL and let them see you are 'cooperating'. Since you're cooperating there is no need to focus on you as an individual. Sure your block, neighborhood or whatever might be under watch but you as a singular person are nothing to them now. Talk to your squads and fireteams quietly; make it look like a friendly visit to your local buddy or a discussion with your priest or pastor or even just a student asking a teacher for advice. Then when their guard is down... 

You strike. You strike hard and fast as violently as possible. You pick targets that matter; drone controls, fuel depots, ammunition depots, armories, troop garrisons. Anything that makes the enemy capable of fighting needs to be DESTROYED. An army needs food, water, guns, ammo, fuel and electricity. Take out any of these pillars and you will drastically decrease their effectiveness. But... it is noteworthy not to attack food supplies or water supplies. 

'But wait Tim, didn't you say it'd be a good idea to hit those?' 

Well little Tommy, no. It's an absolutely terrible idea to attack the occupier's food and water because then they will take it from the people who in turn will not like starving and will turn against you which makes your job harder. Instead target their food supply convoys and do not DESTROY them... but capture them instead and distribute them amongst the population. But take heed; this would not be an easily accomplished task. 

My point is that running to the mountains is a fool's errand. It puts militia too far away to be effective, distances them from the population, makes it far too easy for the enemy to bombard the area in order to wipe out the opposition and makes supplies harder to gather. 

Set up safe houses with other militia folks and KEEP THAT INFORMATION OFF OF FACEBOOK OR ANY SOCIAL MEDIA! USE YOUR MOUTH AND DO NOT POST IT ANYWHERE! Keep supplies in these safe houses in locations that are hidden (such as a basement room that has been bricked up to look like nothing). Then your supplies are close by, you don't have huge lines of supplies that are easily attacked, you're right next to most of your objectives and the people can see what you are doing. 

"But what if they drone strike muh house?"

Well in that case your neighbors will see it and instead of there being one house in the neighborhood that holds a resistance cell there will be a dozen because people don't like being drone struck. Hey, lookie there... we just learned why Hearts and Minds is so important in a guerrilla war. 

Guest Fed up
On 5/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, Rascaldees said:

So a ton of militia plans that I've seen, being a somewhat experienced militia guy, is to 'run to the mountains, regroup there then counter attack. Well I have a number of problems with this plan. I've also seen a number of plans that involve 'head to the countryside, regroup there, then attack this thing' which I also have a number of issues with. In my experience it is best to make your plans under the assumption that you are your own enemy. Everything you know, your enemy knows. Everything you don't know the worst must be assumed. 

Firstly... no group is perfect and a lot of groups communicate over Facebook. Facebook is notorious for its censorship but I have a feeling there is more at play here. A few militia groups aren't being censored but why do you think that's the case? It's not because your goal is so wonderful that a corrupt government doesn't want to take it down. It's because it's a tactical outlet in which your enemy is gaining your plans. You don't even have to be a spy in order to do it. You can just log into Facebook and view the page; which in turn brings about the question of what else they can see if they use admin privileges. 

Since the enemy knows our plans let's move to step two of the many step problems we face with these generic plans. Step two is transportation. A military or any fighting force requires a great deal of equipment. How much equipment? A LOT of equipment. Just for funsies we are going to assume that the average person only needs two pounds of food per day. Then we will put an eight pound weapon, twenty pounds of armor, a helmet, a backpack, water (which you need a LOT of), FLC/LBE/MOLL-E, your clothing and the spares which all have weight and the fact that many of our number are older gentlemen with disabilities. 

The short version is you are not marching anywhere without several weeks of travel time. My time in U.S. Crow is an excellent example of this. I lived in Goldsboro North Carolina at the time and their plan was for everyone to march all the way to the mountains past Charlotte. Charlotte from Goldsboro is three hours and a half away... by car... and the mountains are another two hours by car. While it's true you can take shortcuts you can't normally take on foot there is no possible way to travel that far with that much equipment in a meaningful amount of time. It's horridly impractical. 

Furthermore an exodus like that will draw a lot of attention. Assuming you are moving in vehicles you now have a few hours where you are completely exposed from the air and air support wins wars in the modern battlefield. If you're on foot it's a little better but again; you have a time you have to beat. Your militia travelling for two weeks isn't going to be worth anything if the military catches up in a few hours and levels your position with artillery. Isolated units like in this scenario are prime targets for artillery, air strikes, drone strikes, tanks and other overwhelming odds that simply put there is no way to fight back against while you're exhausted from marching and carrying a heavy load... much less if you're in a car because then they don't even have to let you see them. 

But let's assume that the group makes it to the rallying point and you're all somehow not obliterated. What then? You need clean water, readily accessible food, sanitation, shelter and warmth in order to survive. So are you going to build a log cabin out in the woods? That'll take even more of your time that you don't have. And most of us aren't construction workers or architects. While it's not impossible to build a log cabin without being one it is also very possible for it to collapse underneath its own weight in a few scant months. Additionally all the work you're putting in to 'stay off the grid' is putting you right back on the grid since you're knocking down trees, using equipment, knocking down more trees for farmland and making a LOT of noise. If I was your foe I wouldn't bother landing troops. I'd just drone strike the area to nothingness and be done with it because it's cheaper and the propaganda you want to put out just got missile struck to ashes. 

But okay, let's assume somehow with all this high tech satellite imagery, surveillance drones, aircraft and just general recon that I haven't spotted anyone. You're now at least several hours or even DAYS away from civilization which is where your teams need to strike. In other words I have hours or DAYS to figure out your plans assuming you haven't just posted them on Facebook or that a random soldier doesn't spot you in the woods and send a SALUTE report. I also don't have to figure out anything necessarily. If I see your force coming... missiles work well. I don't HAVE to do anything. 

STOP MAKING IT EASY FOR THEM!!!

I have pushed the issues of this generic plan above far enough I think. Those of you with skulls too thick to think about what I just proposed (which is pretty realistic in the case of a TYRANNICAL government) should remove yourselves from command. 

However... there is an alternative. 

Stay in your home and stop trying to do anything. Relax. Let the enemy take over (I'm getting there, keep with me). When they come for your guns, hand them your pistols. Notice I said pistols? That's because those are the only things that are registered. Hide your guns elsewhere in a location that is safe, secure and most importantly won't damage the firearms. HIDE THEM! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A GUERILLA FIGHTER! ACT LIKE ONE! Then since you 'handed everything over' you are no longer a threat, right? 

Wait a week or two. Go and see your friends, go to work, go to school. Act NORMAL and let them see you are 'cooperating'. Since you're cooperating there is no need to focus on you as an individual. Sure your block, neighborhood or whatever might be under watch but you as a singular person are nothing to them now. Talk to your squads and fireteams quietly; make it look like a friendly visit to your local buddy or a discussion with your priest or pastor or even just a student asking a teacher for advice. Then when their guard is down... 

You strike. You strike hard and fast as violently as possible. You pick targets that matter; drone controls, fuel depots, ammunition depots, armories, troop garrisons. Anything that makes the enemy capable of fighting needs to be DESTROYED. An army needs food, water, guns, ammo, fuel and electricity. Take out any of these pillars and you will drastically decrease their effectiveness. But... it is noteworthy not to attack food supplies or water supplies. 

'But wait Tim, didn't you say it'd be a good idea to hit those?' 

Well little Tommy, no. It's an absolutely terrible idea to attack the occupier's food and water because then they will take it from the people who in turn will not like starving and will turn against you which makes your job harder. Instead target their food supply convoys and do not DESTROY them... but capture them instead and distribute them amongst the population. But take heed; this would not be an easily accomplished task. 

My point is that running to the mountains is a fool's errand. It puts militia too far away to be effective, distances them from the population, makes it far too easy for the enemy to bombard the area in order to wipe out the opposition and makes supplies harder to gather. 

Set up safe houses with other militia folks and KEEP THAT INFORMATION OFF OF FACEBOOK OR ANY SOCIAL MEDIA! USE YOUR MOUTH AND DO NOT POST IT ANYWHERE! Keep supplies in these safe houses in locations that are hidden (such as a basement room that has been bricked up to look like nothing). Then your supplies are close by, you don't have huge lines of supplies that are easily attacked, you're right next to most of your objectives and the people can see what you are doing. 

"But what if they drone strike muh house?"

Well in that case your neighbors will see it and instead of there being one house in the neighborhood that holds a resistance cell there will be a dozen because people don't like being drone struck. Hey, lookie there... we just learned why Hearts and Minds is so important in a guerrilla war. 

Yup

Guest Fed up
10 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Looks like a well thought out plan.  

People often forget that you need food and resupply. 

That's not very glamorous so it's rarely thought or talked about from what I've seen but how is just as important as why you do something.

3 minutes ago, Fed up said:

That's not very glamorous so it's rarely thought or talked about from what I've seen but how is just as important as why you do something.

Homesteading is the key my friend.

Guest Fed up
5 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Homesteading is the key my friend.

Yeah that's my end goal is get out of Phoenix eventually and get to water and good soil so I can grow and raise my own food. Plus if I end up having a family that'll be way better for my kids to be out of a city.

3 minutes ago, Fed up said:

Yeah that's my end goal is get out of Phoenix eventually and get to water and good soil so I can grow and raise my own food. Plus if I end up having a family that'll be way better for my kids to be out of a city.

You definitely need that.  Find work in in the  Montana area or something that way.  Wisconsin isnt to bad either. 

Guest Fed up
5 minutes ago, Megatron said:

You definitely need that.  Find work in in the  Montana area or something that way.  Wisconsin isnt to bad either. 

I go where I'm told, done forcing it. I don't make good decisions when I don't include the big man up stairs. But I know I need a more conducive environment for homesteading.

Guest Fed up
6 minutes ago, Dav Harzin said:

Yep , I too am lookin for a group / land , off grid etc

It ain't easy

Author of the topic Posted (edited)

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know I have parts II, III and IV up if you want to look at them. The more activity on these messages the more people will see them and take them seriously. We must band together or we will die alone. 

Edited by Rascaldees
Spelling errors

i made a "proficiency" chart for our group. at a glance you can see who is capable for 'deployment'.

idealy they should be standardized, geared up, have food/water, the ability to mobilize with everything, not put themselves or their family in a financial bind, & be trained on the things the mission dictates. thats the short version anyway.