Hello friends. I'm just here to learn at the moment. I have no intentions of ill will towards anyone.

I am recently unemployed. I got fired from my job as a machinist of 22 years because I believe wearing a mask for 10+ hours a day is unhealthy and i refused to do it.

I am not ex-military, not even boy scout. I do own a few guns, but not an AR. When I get back to work, I will probably get one along with some of the other items that you guys deem necessary.

I am 55, and probably a little past my fighting prime. But I would like to let you know  that I will be there in the event of a state or national emergency if you need me.

I will require some training.

Thank you.

Bud.

WELCOME!  Check the state militia forums link on the landing page for your state, area code militia link  or tab and click on the Map tab to find people near you to connect with. 

https://www.mymilitia.com/forums/forum/8-networks/

https://www.mymilitia.com/area-code-militias/

https://www.mymilitia.com/membermap/

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Welcome Bud.  Glad to see some youngsters signing on. (I'm 76.)  I'm sure you'll get all the necessary training from whatever group you join -- note that a 'militia' is not quite the same thing as military reserve ... it's really an emergency response force for 'SHTF' situations ... our opponents in these situations are unlikely to be setting up barbed wire or laying mines.  It's possible, mind you, and it's a good thing that we have plenty of combat vets in the militia movement, and, hopefully, lots of sympathyzers in the regular military and National Guard. 

But for the militia's most likely engagements ... go onto YouTube and put 'Rooftop Koreans'  into the search bar, and look at some of the videos that come up.  Those lads had exactly the right idea -- defend your lives and property with the tools made for that purpose -- but they weren't acting as a cohesive group.  (For example, there is one fellow who is out in the open with a handgun.) 

What a militia unit would have done in those circumstances would have been far more effective  -- involving things like overwatch, flank and rear guards, overlapping fields of fire, a division of labor so that one or two people have had some extended practice, and own the right weapons for, hitting targets at 500 meters plus, having organized medical and food/water supplies, rotation of duties so that a 24 hour watch is kept .. etc.    This doesn't involve low-crawling under barbed wire or climbing a rope up a 20 foot wall, or knowing how to smash someones nasal bones back into brain in hand-to--hand combat ... although if there are others in your unit who have these skills, so much the better, because no one knows the future.

In fact, there might even be a valuable role for, say, someone's grandmother.  We need people who know how to, say, do publicity, advise on legal issues, keep a 'social' group ticking over by organizing events that bring people together and keep them coming back -- not just training exercises and shooting practice.  In fact, it's almost impossible to think of anyone who couldn't play a valuable role in ta durable militia group.  Just being able to spend a half-day every month or two driving around putting up leaflets or posters or business cards in supermarkets and laundromats and similar places, or handing out leaflets, or sitting at a 'Meet Your Local Militia' table would be enormously useful.

And I can think of half a dozen ways that skilled machinist could be useful.  I wonder if you could move 'sideways' into gunsmithing.  Speaking of being a machinist, I was a turret lathe operator for a year, and I can sympathyze about doing that for eight hours a day wearing a mask.  Hopefully, this virus stuff will soon be over, and American industry will return to America,  and you will find employment again.  Perhaps people reading this who live in your area might be able to help.

Could I ask how you found this site? It will help us with outreach, which is so important right now.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

23 hours ago, Bud said:

Hello friends. I'm just here to learn at the moment. I have no intentions of ill will towards anyone.

I am recently unemployed. I got fired from my job as a machinist of 22 years because I believe wearing a mask for 10+ hours a day is unhealthy and i refused to do it.

I am not ex-military, not even boy scout. I do own a few guns, but not an AR. When I get back to work, I will probably get one along with some of the other items that you guys deem necessary.

I am 55, and probably a little past my fighting prime. But I would like to let you know  that I will be there in the event of a state or national emergency if you need me.

I will require some training.

Thank you.

Bud.

Build some suppressors 

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton