LetFreedomRing

George Floyd Died After Police Knelt on His Neck During Arrest | NowThis

This just happened recently in Minneapolis.  This police officer knelt directly on this man's neck who was already in handcuffs and apparently not resisting from this video for almost 8 minutes and 30 seconds straight and the man in custody died from it.  I don't like posting this sort of thing but after viewing the video this makes me sick to my stomach with rage.  I know that there are a lot of good people in law enforcement and thankful for that, but when something like this happens a light needs to be on it to expose it.  Both officers have been relieved of duty and under investigation.  

3 hours ago, Delta 4 said:

I understand that the officers were fired.  I'm sure that charges will be filed if they haven't been already. 

Fired...... is that what we do when you murder someone.   If you or I did the same thing we would be in jail. 

No the thin blue line will say that's good enough and they will get hired on somewhere else.

Looks like an attempt at protest was made.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported the protest began peacefully but escalated in tension as the demonstrates reached the building.

Some protesters damaged windows and a police squad car while others sprayed painted graffiti. 

Officers in riot gear fired tear gas and projectiles at the crowd who threw back water bottles and rocks, the Star Tribune reported. 

The crowd fled to nearby businesses, including a Target, where some protesters created a barricade with shopping carts. The Star Tribune reported that the store temporarily closed, and the protesters largely dispersed by 9 p.m.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/27/george-floyd-protesters-clash-minneapolis-police-after-video/5264887002/

Author of the topic Posted

I generally like to reserve judgement in these types of stories, but I think the video is pretty conclusive in this instance.  They are being investigated, hopefully that will lead to them being taken into custody very soon and indictment for trial.  I think this is definitely one to keep an eye on to see if justice prevails.

Guest Fed up
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Megatron said:

Fired...... is that what we do when you murder someone.   If you or I did the same thing we would be in jail. 

No the thin blue line will say that's good enough and they will get hired on somewhere else.

We would be put on death row if we did this to a police officer no matter the reason. It's them against us but they are civi's just like us but they don't think that way because they're emboldened by us not standing up.

Edited by Fed up
Spelling because of phone auto correct.

When I went to the Police Academy in Oklahoma City, I was told, "There is never, under any circumstance, justification for the use of force involving a suspect's throat.  Understand that if you do this, and you kill the suspect, you will end up in prison, and even on death row, yourself.  A word to the wise should be sufficient."

Guest Fed up
16 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

When I went to the Police Academy in Oklahoma City, I was told, "There is never, under any circumstance, justification for the use of force involving a suspect's throat.  Understand that if you do this, and you kill the suspect, you will end up in prison, and even on death row, yourself.  A word to the wise should be sufficient."

To bad we've let this idealism slip away for the majority of precincts

Just now, Fed up said:

To bad we've let this idealism slip away for the majority of precincts

That's a fact.  My question is whether the "officer's" purpose was to restrain, or harm ... or even to kill.  This will determine much, when he inevitably heads for trial.

Guest Fed up
1 hour ago, Headhunter said:

That's a fact.  My question is whether the "officer's" purpose was to restrain, or harm ... or even to kill.  This will determine much, when he inevitably heads for trial.

For me it's pretty simple, he had power, he polluted him self with corruption and didn't care either way because he felt untouchable. This is a psychological fact of the human condition: given power with corrupt checks and balances it becomes abused.

2 hours ago, LetFreedomRing said:

Minneapolis Mayor Frey To County Attorney: Charge Arresting Officer In George Floyd's Death

This tears me in two. I'm not sure I want to set a standard where Mayors can just go around demanding that people be arrested and charged.

19 minutes ago, RevRifleman said:

This tears me in two. I'm not sure I want to set a standard where Mayors can just go around demanding that people be arrested and charged.

It's up to the DA if any of them will be prosecuted, all the Mayor can do is be a mouthpiece about it.  He can probably tell his Chief to arrest them but he can't force the prosecutor to indict them, not in a legal political sense anyway.  

1 hour ago, Fed up said:

For me it's pretty simple, he had power, he polluted him self with corruption and didn't care either way because he felt untouchable. This is a psychological fact of the human condition: given power with corrupt checks and balances it becomes abused.

Yup, just look at the glee in his eyes and overall expression on his face, sadist with a badge.

46 minutes ago, LetFreedomRing said:

Yup, just look at the glee in his eyes and overall expression on his face, sadist with a badge.

The look most cops have when they view you as sub human garbage.

I too was taught to never attempt restraint using a suspects head or throat area. This officer knew better I'm sure. Had I been there I would have been arrested as well. That shit just don't fly. I can't believe the crowd just stood there.

Yeah, I'm mad about it.

Interesting, will the president be personally involved in every potential capitol crime now?  If this one then some people will be saying why not the next one or the one before this one.  Slippery slope.  

President Trump Orders Expedited Probe Into Death Of George Floyd, Says ‘Justice Will Be Served’

https://www.oann.com/president-trump-orders-expedited-probe-into-death-of-george-floyd/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=president-trump-orders-expedited-probe-into-death-of-george-floyd

image.png

Guest Fed up
9 minutes ago, LetFreedomRing said:

Interesting, will the president be personally involved in every potential capitol crime now?  If this one then some people will be saying why not the next one or the one before this one.  Slippery slope.  

President Trump Orders Expedited Probe Into Death Of George Floyd, Says ‘Justice Will Be Served’

https://www.oann.com/president-trump-orders-expedited-probe-into-death-of-george-floyd/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=president-trump-orders-expedited-probe-into-death-of-george-floyd

image.png

Yeah, that's not his job. His job is to direct a war effort and sign or veto bills, then addressing the public, then whatever else. Not stepping on law enforcement toes.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:29 PM, LetFreedomRing said:

This just happened recently in Minneapolis.  This police officer knelt directly on this man's neck who was already in handcuffs and apparently not resisting from this video for almost 8 minutes and 30 seconds straight and the man in custody died from it.  I don't like posting this sort of thing but after viewing the video this makes me sick to my stomach with rage.  I know that there are a lot of good people in law enforcement and thankful for that, but when something like this happens a light needs to be on it to expose it.  Both officers have been relieved of duty and under investigation.  

All such acts should be posted and made viral. There is no excuse for that whatsoever.

That is why I think we need to form on call patrol platoons. At that point in time there is no room for legislative process. I would think that any judge would uphold a citizens' arrest on that.

That was murder, and it appeared that cop was enjoying it. It was murder, execution style, no different than tying someone up and shooting them, just a sadistic way of telling the public they can do whatever they want. It's time they were tamed way down.

That is the same way the Brown Shirts in Germany got started, no different. Hopefully that child of the devil gets the death sentence. Every cop there should be arrested, for at least negligence of duty, the one for murder. Looks like they did arrest him, judging from the videos below.

Guest Fed up
46 minutes ago, Todd A. Slee said:

All such acts should be posted and made viral. There is no excuse for that whatsoever.

That is why I think we need to form on call patrol platoons. At that point in time there is no room for legislative process. I would think that any judge would uphold a citizens' arrest on that.

That was murder, and it appeared that cop was enjoying it. It was murder, execution style, no different than tying someone up and shooting them, just a sadistic way of telling the public they can do whatever they want. It's time they were tamed way down.

That is the same way the Brown Shirts in Germany got started, no different. Hopefully that child of the devil gets the death sentence. Every cop there should be arrested, for at least negligence of duty, the one for murder. Looks like they did arrest him, judging from the videos below.

Very valid point, but does that justify the neighbors to blow up the neighborhood?

No, it doesn't justify the neighbors blowing up the neighborhood, but a thought came to me.

That cop just looked right at the camera, arrogantly in defiance. Something could be subtilly out of balance.

In retrospect, I find it hard to believe he could be that self secure in it, having to know it was wrong to do.

Thus, almost makes me wonder if it wasn't staged, to orchestrate Floyd going into protection, or to bring to light other such incidents where superiors and the court did little about it.

Maybe the cop is going into an intelligence agency, Floyd could have been into crime and turned witness, or he could be undercover or intelligence, or going into such.

Things like that happen commonly these days. Ordinarily one wouldn't expose such.

However, if that were to be the case, (and I'm just conjecturing based upon what I've seen occur, and based upon that neither cop's demeanor seemed synonymous with what was happening, nor the witnesses), that needs to be exposed, because they would still be using the situation to instill fear of government into the people.

Just a thought, and an insightful tidbit, from experiences.

I will add that elements/personnel from the medical field are at times/often involved in the process of faking deaths, including the ambulance service, which is much easier for them to do under HIPPA laws.

Many instances of people being subjects of the witness protection program, which includes the Marshals, FBI, CIA, at least one other federal entity and, unauthorizedly, at least technically, the Indiana State Police (unless theirs was discontinued), are unnecessary, and that is even according to FBI and U.S. Marshal employees.

Scheming, conniving, manipulative, bizarre and the unbelievable scenarios is what I mainly investigated with the FBI, which actually began under a sheriff, who tried to tackle that monster but was hindered.

Much of my material presented to the FBI was scoffed at and scorned. But additional leg work to obtain evidence of those occurrences convinced them of the possibilities, and more intensive investigation by fully trained, seasoned and experienced agents and CIA operatives yielded results, proof, of such preplanned events.

I managed to stay a step or two ahead of the intended syringe full of sedative, usually by threats plus required evidence and substantiation.

Again, the situation in Minnesota I know no more about than what's on the videos here, but in pondering, something unseen is amiss, I think.

Monday, June 1st-After listening to this broadcast on the Ted Broer Show, I realized that many of us have fallen prey to just what the Left wanted us to believe; now I'm convinced that it was some kind of staged event: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/06-01-20/id1050535625?i=1000476423134

This thread is very interesting.

I don't see anyone saying,  "Hey, he was just a Black ex-con, the cop is white, let's defend our own."    So much for militia "racism".

Hey, lefty media investigative journalists, academic researchers,  Southern Poverty Law Center snoopers,  working on your next book or article about the scary 'far Right' 'anti-government'  militia movement -- how does this thread fit with your pre-conceived narrative?

"Anti-government", a bit, I'll give you.  Anti-government-which-kneels-on-your-neck, yes.  Anti-government-whose-snipers-kill-your-wife-and-son, yes. Anti-government-whose-SWAT-squad-breaks-down-your-door-at-4am-because-a-neighbor-said-you-owned-a-gun-you-shouldn't-have, yes.   Got it?

On the other hand, when these things happen, note one thing:  we don't go out and burn down the neighborhood and loot shops. 

I won't hold my breath until you denounce the anti-government people who behave like that.