Rascaldees

Let's make a petition!

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am known to you as Rascaldees. And earlier today I spoke with a young American who believed there needed to be great changed to happen within this nation of ours. I am of the same mind. 

Therefore, I hereby propose that we from MyMilitia.com make a petition. The first national petition of all militia that would be supported wholly and entirely by us and ourselves and anyone that we can convince to support it: 

Term limits for Congress. 

Someone who is good at writing should get in on this topic so that a proper petition can be drafted. I personally say that Congress should serve terms no longer than four years just like our president whom has had his powers stripped by them over the years. I personally also think that Congress should be paid by the hour rather than a ridiculous yearly sum. Let's make those bastards work more than twice a year for their pay! 

Who's with me?!

Guest Fed up

No money from personal interests, no lobbyists, non of that which pollutes the commons.

Author of the topic Posted
10 minutes ago, Fed up said:

No money from personal interests, no lobbyists, non of that which pollutes the commons.

Agreed! We can add that to the petition with a yearly ledger publicly posted and monitored by the people! 

Guest Trickshot
On 5/30/2020 at 10:00 AM, Fed up said:

We'd be in deep without the gun lobby, I'm not certain if all lobbies are bad.

Guest Trickshot
Just now, O sleeper said:

@ Trickshot Thats true.

Do lobbyists still give money and gifts to Congress members? If so, that should be abolished at least.

Money talks, we get what we can afford, freedom isn't free, infact, it's not even cheap.

Guest Trickshot

Freedom isn't free doesn't usually refer to money, that's true. but if you look at our defense budget, if you consider the way many problems in our country are dealt with and "resolved " it is from throwing wads of money at them, and American lives as well. The point I was making about it not being free is a dual meaning,  its purchased with blood, and mountains of cash.

This is an excellent idea.

The general idea -- a petition that will mark the militia movement as people who want a positive change for this country -- is brilliant.

I promise you that there are many non-conservatives who would support it -- unless the MSM scared them off somehow by saying, "It's a nasty fascist trick", which

will work for few but probably not for all, of the non-Right.

If you don't believe me, get onto PoliticalForum.com -- where I debate with Lefties and Centrists -- and you will find many non-conservatives who actually, whether they know it or not,

are in substantial agreement with a lot of things that ordinary conservatives believe.  If we can refine this idea  (plus the campaign finance reform idea) a bit, I will raise it there and

see what the response is.  (This particular debate forum has some pretty smart and reasonable non-conservatives on it, plus a lot of  smart conservatives as well.)

And this will throw confusion into the enemy ranks. Support it, or not? Either way, they lose.  Support it and they're admitting that we are not neo-Nazis. It's a way for us to move into the mainstream.

Oppose it, and some of their supporters will balk -- why not, if we agree?

It's not a new idea, there are whole organizations and websites devoted to it (term limits, not campaign finance reform), mainly conservative, there are some arguments against it ... so we can't do this lightly. It will take a bit of research to craft the wording exactly. 

If we also add 'campaign finance reform', that will attract some people, but make it even more complex. It may be a good idea -- I think it is  -- but we need to think about it.

The campaign finance reform idea -- preventing wealthy people and corporations from just buying representatives -- will run into ferocious opposition from some, maybe many,

Republicans. You know the kind.

I've actually done a bit of research on campaign finance reform and will post some links to websites in favor of it.  Some of them are 'progressive' -- don't be put off by that, these people are

not always 100% wrong on every issue, and it's actually to our advantage that we can quote lefty sources in favor of this idea -- again, it will throw confusion into the enemy ranks.

Here's the big question though: we need to really and genuinely make this an initiative of the whole militia movement -- not just something that will vanish in a day or two.

So we need to think about how to get maximum publicity for this idea -- maybe extend feelers to other term-limits and campaign-finance-reform groups  (the latter, being mainly

Lefties, will probably reject any co operation with us. This will be good for us, although it would be better if they did co operate.)

A brilliant idea!  Let's do it!

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Guest Fed up
17 hours ago, Trickshot said:

We'd be in deep without the gun lobby, I'm not certain if all lobbies are bad.

All lobbyist are just a weasels way of paying for change. If there's no lobbyist then we don't need to lobby for things. This is just another way we've let weak, unjust, pollution of the commons corrupt America.

18 hours ago, Trickshot said:

It's a nice idea for the petition but I think we need to look at it like.   The time for voting and letter writing is over.

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

Guest Fed up
7 minutes ago, Megatron said:

It's a nice idea for the petition but I think we need to look at it like.   The time for voting and letter writing is over.

I get your point,I really do. Though we must never end the push for undeniable moral authority.

Guest Fed up
10 minutes ago, Rascaldees said:

It's true. The NRA has supported some of the bigger gun laws in the past. Lobbying is never good and two wrongs do not make a right.

Exactly, just going on "because that's the way it is" is why we're in the situations we're in now. It's disgusting.

I believe that lobbying is technically already illegal. People just cover it up in exchange. We need to put systems into place that both disallow lobbying as well as severely and swiftly punish those who take such actions. We also need a method to effectively enforce it. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:14 AM, Rascaldees said:

I believe that lobbying is technically already illegal. 

Is this true? Maybe I'm out of date but last I knew (financial) lobbying was 100% legal, and big business.  Paul Manafort is not 100% responsible for the existence of this industry himself, but he had more to do with making it what it is (or was?) than anyone else. And in many Countries besides the US, too. This has nothing to do with why he's locked up. He's a bad guy, but the reason(s) he's locked up are purely bogus.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:49 AM, Rascaldees said:

The first national petition of all militia that would be supported wholly and entirely by us and ourselves and anyone that we can convince to support it: 

Term limits for Congress. 

I love this idea, but I have to present the negative. Congress critters get a retirement plan that has them live like kings for the rest of their lives. I think it's vested after 5 years. We need to ax that first, before imposing term limits. Otherwise we put a zillion people on that benefits plan.

If we put them on the same retirement and health plan the rest of us get (social security and medicaid / medicare) watch how fast they fix it!

I'm a fan of every bill being about ONE idea. Currently, they can vote against a bill that sounds great, but the reason they voted against it is sound due to all the other nonsense in the same bill. If we keep every bill about just one thing, not only will they pass what everyone agrees on but we can actually know (in a meaningful way) how they voted. So I agree campaign finance reform is essential, but I'd rather see new bills be as simple as possible. 

1 hour ago, Razor Ramone said:

Is this true? Maybe I'm out of date but last I knew (financial) lobbying was 100% legal, and big business.  Paul Manafort is not 100% responsible for the existence of this industry himself, but he had more to do with making it what it is (or was?) than anyone else. And in many Countries besides the US, too. This has nothing to do with why he's locked up. He's a bad guy, but the reason(s) he's locked up are purely bogus.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal. I would look into laws regarding bribery. 

As for the other comment, this is a petition for all of us to make. It is still definitely in it's formative stages.

A very terrific idea, and if this petition does get formed, I will 100% be ready to sign it.

I am a pessimistic though;  even if Republicans were the majority in the congress right now. There is just no way in Heaven or Hell, that Congress is ever going to agree to term limits to those serving in congress, first Congress is going to say well we have elections every 4 years and then mid terms every 2 years, so why term limits to individuals ... so you have to be ready to answer that. Which, you could answer with a fart noise and I would agree.   Democrats and Republicans all of a sudden embrace " bipartisanship " when something threatens their power, and their income. I doubt we will ever see term limits for Congress, or the supreme court, and both are desperately needed.  Remember when the grass roots Tea Party came into the scene much like BLM, and all of a sudden every Republican jumped on board with any Tea Party group that showed up . Pretty much trying to absorb that explosion for their own protection and then Hillary declaring that movement deplorables/and terrorists. So left an right jumped on that in different ways mighty fast to quell it.

I have no problem with trying though, if anything consider this a devils advocate comment.  It might gain traction if there were democrat voters who signed the petition and not just a few but an overwhelming number.  IF BLM were to turn on the Democrats, we would see the democrats turn back on them, Republican politicians are not jumping on board because they know there is no way doing that is going to help them in any way.