Jump to content
Lucas Peyton

Should militias take action and protect local businesses from looters

Recommended Posts

They weren't able to make us all stay inside by issuing coronavirus lockdown orders, so now the governors are issuing mandatory curfews because of the George Floyd riots, which are being instigated by "out-of-state" protesters. Why don't the cops just arrest the rioters, rather than threatening to arrest anyone who goes for a walk after 8 PM? It won't be cool enough to go for a walk until then. It is 107° outside in the middle of the day right now. I feel like they are just trying to identify anybody who won't obey them, and then arrest those people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fed up
2 hours ago, USNpatriot said:

Wow...just wow. I am done here. Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Wow what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fed up
2 hours ago, RayanneKennan said:

They weren't able to make us all stay inside by issuing coronavirus lockdown orders, so now the governors are issuing mandatory curfews because of the George Floyd riots, which are being instigated by "out-of-state" protesters. Why don't the cops just arrest the rioters, rather than threatening to arrest anyone who goes for a walk after 8 PM? It won't be cool enough to go for a walk until then. It is 107° outside in the middle of the day right now. I feel like they are just trying to identify anybody who won't obey them, and then arrest those people.

Probably most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, USNpatriot said:

Thanks Doug. I am thinking most of us here that are already not in the Guard are older retirees and wouldn't be accepted anyway. Keep in mind that the organized state militias are an arm of the Guard (by state constitution mandate). We could be called upon by a joint agreement of the Governor and the states National Guard leadership. Like it or not, if we, the militias developed on this site, are ALREADY part of the State Guard. :)

You are surely right about the age range here.  As for some situation in the future in which civil order breaks down ...It's a tricky situation, actually.  There are the legal aspects -- and the political aspects. The problem is, the United States is changing so fast, in terms of the basic assumptions of the people who administer it, that what has been true for two centuries, may no longer be true in the future. 

 

We tend to assume that the government -- and the state -- is 'neutral'. That it will respect the law and apply it equally to all ... that this is just natural, in the US.  Every Black American can tell you that this is not an assumption we should make. Leave aside things like the recent police killing, in the American South, for about a century, the law, the police, the courts ... were not at all 'neutral': your race was critical in how you were treated. Whites could literally get away with murder. Whites in the South just did not see Blacks as equal citizens.  When Blacks began to refuse to put up with this any longer, one of the things that happened was that they organized a 'militia' -- called the Deacons for Defense and Justice. I believe its existence helped the establishment, both nationally and in the South, to behave properly.

 

Now ... it's not stretching things too far to say that politically, in America, Left and Right have been drifting into the same attitude towards each other.  Where this will lead, I don't know.  But it's occurring in the context of our slide from world domination, the hollowing out of the American working class, the growth of extreme economic inequality in the US. These events will put great strains on our country.

 

So. having a sober, sensible, organized militia can't hurt. Let us hope it is never needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Something needs to get done NOW. We need to assist police, residents and anyone who is innocent and affected by this. People need help and the police department cannot do it by themselves. Let's stand together and help those oppressed by ignorance.

 

If you are in or around the NYC area, contact me!

Edited by Aristi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fed up said:

But what about the mraps!!! Oh no we must not do anything because they'll just mow us down!!

The rioters won't have MRAPs.  If you find yourself fighting the American military, you've lost before you have started.

 

And you will not have just lost militarily ... you will have lost politically, because you will have driven the great majority of the American people over to the other side.

 

The rioters can kill policemen, and they will be protected by the Establishment and MSM, who will just go 'tut tut, that's a naughty thing to do'.

Jane Fonda can pose sitting in the seat of a 40mm anti-aircraft gun whose purpose is shoot Americans out of the sky,  and the liberal establishment, even fifty years ago, will just titter

Bill Ayers' and Bernadine Dohrn's acolytes can build a bomb to kill dozens of GI's and their dates at Fort Dix (bomb went off prematurely), and they will be made Distinguished Professors of Education, and Law (!) respectively.

 

But it a militia unit gets into a firefight with the American military -- the worst thing that could happen would be for it to wipe out the unit it's facing.

 

I'm NOT talking about some future nightmare American Civil War scenario, where the military has split, and one part is supporting an unConstitutional usurping would-be government, financed

by the Chinese, and seen by the mass of Americans to be illegitimate. 

 

We should be INSIDE the American military, not opposing it.  It's OUR military, and we shouldn't relinquish it to the enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you MUST do this, think.  Don't bring a long gun, or wear camos.  Talk to the business owner AND the police.  You are basically providing a private security service.  Carry your weapon concealed.  Don't wear anything that identifies you as a militia member, or security ... like a uniform of any kind.  Know the state and local laws regarding the use of deadly force.  And for God's sake, don't pull that weapon unless you intend to use it.  Some rioters might be scared off, but others will attack.  If they mob you and kill you, then THEY have a gun and ammo.

 

I'm giving you this advice because I've been the number three in a large private security company in the City of Chicago.  I think I know a little about the subject.  Please take my advice.

Edited by Headhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, papapedro890 said:
https://www.facebook.com/jon.butler.3194/videos/3178804488807231/

This is what is happening. And we all just sit here. Keyboard warriors. All of us. 

 

And what will you do?  Go into an area where violence is taking place, in full kit with all of your arms, and do a better job than the police, the National Guard, and the Secret Service?  Right now, the only option for us is to be prepared, and stay in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Headhunter said:

 

And what will you do?  Go into an area where violence is taking place, in full kit with all of your arms, and do a better job than the police, the National Guard, and the Secret Service?  Right now, the only option for us is to be prepared, and stay in place.

Right now these people are getting away with bullshit because there are more of them out there. You let them know there are more of us and they will retreat. I'm not saying go in gun blazing. Power in numbers and right now they have the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No ammunition of any kind. Scare tactics in numbers to assist those innocent, in need of help. Protestors can continue along with the rest of them, it's the riotors, looters and violators that need to come to justice.

Edited by Aristi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rascaldees said:

To answer the earlier question: don't fall into the trap of defeatism. We are not all dead yet. 

 

This battle is just getting heated up. The left can't bring people to the polls like they have in years gone by because they have alienated the few moderates that are left with their identity politics. Trump on the other hand can bring a lot of people to the polls and they know that. I expect to see more of the same right up to the last minute because it's a distraction. The left will take advantage of any crisis they are given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manuel Padilla said:

We should be doing something. Acts of terrorism 😡

Don't give the liberal media the chance to brand us as white nationalists or hate groups. We will have our moment for sure but for now let things play out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fed up
13 hours ago, Rascaldees said:

To answer the earlier question: don't fall into the trap of defeatism. We are not all dead yet. 

Maybe not yet as in now but there's no reason not to do something because of the fear of death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fed up
6 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

The rioters won't have MRAPs.  If you find yourself fighting the American military, you've lost before you have started.

 

And you will not have just lost militarily ... you will have lost politically, because you will have driven the great majority of the American people over to the other side.

 

The rioters can kill policemen, and they will be protected by the Establishment and MSM, who will just go 'tut tut, that's a naughty thing to do'.

Jane Fonda can pose sitting in the seat of a 40mm anti-aircraft gun whose purpose is shoot Americans out of the sky,  and the liberal establishment, even fifty years ago, will just titter

Bill Ayers' and Bernadine Dohrn's acolytes can build a bomb to kill dozens of GI's and their dates at Fort Dix (bomb went off prematurely), and they will be made Distinguished Professors of Education, and Law (!) respectively.

 

But it a militia unit gets into a firefight with the American military -- the worst thing that could happen would be for it to wipe out the unit it's facing.

 

I'm NOT talking about some future nightmare American Civil War scenario, where the military has split, and one part is supporting an unConstitutional usurping would-be government, financed

by the Chinese, and seen by the mass of Americans to be illegitimate. 

 

We should be INSIDE the American military, not opposing it.  It's OUR military, and we shouldn't relinquish it to the enemy.

I was just giving Megatron a hard time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fed up
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, 302straub said:

Don't give the liberal media the chance to brand us as white nationalists or hate groups. We will have our moment for sure but for now let things play out.

I think he meant they are doing acts of terrorism and we should do something against it

Edited by Fed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any militia should protect its locality, getting involved in a political game inside NYC the largest liberal leftist bastion worldwide is a mistake. The representative gov that the populace selected is what they get, and the outcome of their decision is a looted and burned liberal beacon then so be it. If these clowns show up in your town then call be and I'll be there to legally and constitutionally do whatever I can to help. However most of our sheriffs dept are local and they are not revenue whores that bow to the whims to fact king mayors or executors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 1:13 AM, Lucas Peyton said:

Do you think it’s plausible for local militia members to help protect local business from looters and rioters

I have never done this before, but I think it prudent to do a "Service Agreement Form" with the business. It can be found at legalcontracts.com and indicate the service provide is no charge: I think that will remove any need for a license (as long as nothing of material value is exchanged-- it is not a professional contract), but you'd have to check with a lawyer.

 

I did a strawman contract on the website and it looks pretty righteous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To keep it simple, we could plan on how to legally defend anyone getting beaten, and homes. The businesses are mostly insured, and unless an owner specifically asks for business protection, let it burn, less liability. Wrong to be that way, but the Left has the entire justice system skewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...