NorthendGeist

Neighborhood Watch Gear List

Hello. Bunch of us are considering forming an armed neighborhood watch group. Does anyone know of any gear list for this?

So far we have

Orange safety vest

Bodycam

Baofend radio & earpiece

Large pepperspray

n95 facemask

Pistol

Drop leg holster

AR (likely left in car)

Tactical vest & at least 4 mags (in car)

Multicam shell jacket (in car)

Tactical khakis

Good boots

Guest Fed up

Booboo kits, coolers for water, water for those coolers, food, batteries, good flashlights from streamlight or similar. You wanna match also so multiples of everything so there's continuity between gear.

Drop the masks in my opinion.

Guest Fed up

I'd go Glock or Beretta m9 so you can have a bunch of mags for cheap and have 9mm.

One quick statement.  Since you're located just outside of Seattle, whatever equipment you carry ... especially guns ... make sure you know the law.

FED UP gave good advice about a weapon, if it's allowed in a Neighborhood Watch group in your State.

Guest Fed up
2 hours ago, Dav Harzin said:

why a drop leg holster ?

It's nice for getting up and down it if a chair as far as I know. I carry cross draw, combat, or appendix so I don't really know.

Posted (edited)

Id add some medical and a hydration carrier.  Also, a good flashlight.  Even if you have lights on your weapons, you might not want to be pointing them at people, so youll need a flashlight.

I absolutely would not leave anything in a vehicle i wouldnt mind seeing stolen or burned up.  Rioters like to burn and loot vehicles, please dont arm them too.

Edited by Hatework

I would get the radios and stop there. An armed group tear-assing around the neighborhood will not look good in any court should a shooting happen. Better, IMHO, to have an active radio net operational, alert each other, make the call to 911, then mobilize to face the threat. Also, if you have time to go to the car and retrieve a long gun, your actions have now become premeditated.