Greetings, 

My name is Bryan and I was curious to see what this was all about and what it stood for. I have many questions but will ask the biggest question on my mind. What is the main goal for this militia? I'd like to consider joining but what to know before joining without having any idea of what the mission statement is.

3 minutes ago, Bcreepy said:

Greetings, 

My name is Bryan and I was curious to see what this was all about and what it stood for. I have many questions but will ask the biggest question on my mind. What is the main goal for this militia? I'd like to consider joining but what to know before joining without having any idea of what the mission statement is.

The Mission Statement is at the bottom of each web page. 

Our Mission And Promise

As the de facto authority in american patriot militias we understand that we oversee a significant share of the publics perception of the militia, and with this many individuals and militias entrust their ideas, work, and data to our platform. We do not take this lightly as we mandate an extreme amount of responsibility and assurance of good faith, transparency, and due process. We will remain vigilant as a trusted force among our people. So help us God.

Liberty Tree

Independently funded by patriots like you.

At least it is on the computer version I don't use the mobile option very often.  This site is not a militia group in itself but a gateway to finding militias, groups and like minded people in your area.  It is also a site for information and resources for such people and groups.

Here are the site guidelines and rules:

https://www.mymilitia.com/guidelines/

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

As Let Freedom Ring said, the mission of this site is to  facilitate communication among the existing militia units; to make it easier for someone like you to find the militia groups near him; to be a kind of entralized repository of downloadable documents on subjects of interest to the militia movement; and to allow people who are pro-millitia and/or in the movement to discuss issues among each other.

So what you really want to know is: what is the main goal of the militia?

The militia movement has a variety of people in it, politically speaking -- in its ranks you'll find practically every sort of belief, from Libertarians to old-fashioned Republican Christian fundamentalists, although it's safe to say that its political center of gravity is on the Right. There probably are very few Marxists. (They have their own armed groups.)

Most militia units at the moment are not affiliated to any national body -- some are affiliated to a state-wide body. There are at least two real national groups which could be called 'militias': the Oathkeepers, and the Three Percent -- Originals.

So what do all these groups have in common: politically, a strong aversion to an ever-growing, in terms of its power,  government. The focus of thier aversion is on the Federal Governement, but state governments can also be Leviathan-like in their ambitions to control, control, control -- see California.  In some ways this is rather vague ... I suspect within the movement there are people who would like to see the Social Security sysem abolished and the National Parks auctioned off to real estate interests, but they keep quiet about that. In fact, there is little discussion of such issues, which are really outside the purview of the movement.

What does hold it together -- its "main mission" in your terms -- is this: just as with the original militia, there is a feeling that the normal structures of society that are supposed to protect us -- the police and military -- may prove in the hands of the Left, which is growing in power -- unreliable.   If you would like a living example of this, go to Portland or Seattle today.

Thus there is a feeling that a body of armed citizens, well trained and regulated (by itself), may prove, to coin a phrase, "necessary to the security of a free state".  (We can also see demonstrations of the inadequacy of the 'official' guardians of our welfare when nature overwhelms them, as in a big hurricane, tornado, or flood.  Many militia units, the best of them in my opinion, active train for and get involved in disaster work, since war is just a big artificial disaster.)

The best way to find out about the movement is to investigate a mature unit yourself.  I strongly recommend looking at the work of the Houston branch of the Texas State Militia.  Find them here: https://tsmhouston.org/.

No single local unit is going to be 'representative'.  "All human life is here." What holds them together is that they have thrown off complacency and mindless optimism about the future, and are determined to continue to live as free men and women.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bcreepy said:

Greetings, 

Destroy enemies Foreign and Domestic!

https://gofile.io/d/DzkPrF

Edited by Tommy O'Neil