Thomas.Hill

The "Wake Up Call" That Didn't Happen.

The events of the last three months have infuriated me more than I can tell you. But it isn't Antifa, the left, or the mainstream media that trouble me. I've always expected those factions to be disgusting and shameless. So their antics haven't surprised me at all. Right now, what makes me want to go Biblical and "rend my clothes" is seeing how naive and mentally disarmed the American right is... I've listened to the patriot community bluster and pontificate about the US Constitution and 2nd Amendment for 30 years. But while they've consoled and reassured one another with cheap words, the left was busy making devastating, tactical moves that led to our current situation. Who would have imagined, after three months of uncostitutional house arrest, followed by nationwide race-riots (both over corporate-media psyops) that every faction of resistance would be so quiet you could hear a pin drop? How did it come to this?

Books could be written on the radical/corporate takeover of our media and education system. More books could be written on the replacement of authentic, regional culture with global, corporate mono-culture (and how that robbed everyone of the ability to assert their identity and values... or pass them to their children). Those were some of the most important battles of the last 50 years. And they were lost without contest. If we had time, we could talk about how 18th century, Enlightenment ideals (materialism, individualism, and rationalsim) poisoned our well of cultural ideas and guaranteed the ascendency of the radical left. But there's really no time for any of that anymore...

Zooming in on the current situation, there are a lot of practical reasons why everybody feels paralyzed. It's one thing to talk and fantasize about some scenario for years... It's another thing to suddenly be in that scenario and realize none of the groundwork has been laid to do what you always thought you would do. A handful of things come to mind:

1) People don't know each other.

There are hundreds of thousands of people (maybe millions) who have spent the last 10 years chattering with each other on the internet who are horrified by our present situation... Tons of them live within five miles or less of each other. But they've never made any attempt to get off their computers, meet one another, build trust, and form self-sufficient communities in the real world. Now they're all sitting alone in front of their flickering monitors reading daily rage-bait updates from the corporate news.

2) There's no widespread use of reliable communication that could survive disruption.

What would people do if their phone and internet service was suddenly switched off? Would they say, "no problem" and hop on HAM radio? ... Something else? I don't think the vast majority of people have thought about this at all.

3) FOOLISH reliance on big tech companies.

A friend of mine was sputtering in disbelief, the other day, that Instagram shut down his page to organize a community defense-force for his neighborhood. I wanted to smack him in the back of his head. What did he expect? ... That the companies organizing all this chaos would give him a platform to defend against it?? My jaw hit my desk when I came here and saw links to sign in through Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Why does anybody even HAVE a Google account? Why does anybody even HAVE a Facebook account?

4) A soccer-mom's understanding of security.

How many people are doing and saying moronic things through their naked IP and their phone carrier's text-messaing app because they don't know any better? How many people don't know the first thing about encrytion? There are so many outstanding tools, which are so well documented and easy to use. But the overwhelming majority of people are unwilling to make any sacrifices to the speed and convenience of their normal routine in order to use and learn them. The Electronic Frontier Foundation maintains user-friendly documentation on every one of them. Give yourself a little test, and see if the results surprise you: https://panopticlick.eff.org/

5) Complete reliance on the supply-chain.

Most people are living paycheck to paycheck with nothing stored away, and no knowledge of how to grow and store food, hunt, purify water, perform basic medical care, etc, etc. After three weeks of major disruption they'd be offering their firstborn for a retun to normalcy.

6) No cultural or community organizations to communicate and organize through.

This ties together several ideas from the previous points... If anybody thinks they're going to organize (and maintain organization) through the internet, they've got another thing coming... Good luck posting anything on social media other than "Black Lives matter," and "Stay home, save lives." You'll be banned as soon as you hit submit. And it's only going to get worse.

7) No way to get your side of the story out to the broader public.

It makes no difference what you do (or how noble and true your premises are)... if the usual suspects can just get behind their media/tech bullshorns to slander you and promote a false interpretation of what you're doing.

I entitled this post "The 'Wake Up Call' That Didn't Happen," because these are all the questions we need to be soul-searching and brainstorming about right now. But I don't see that soul-searching. And I don't see that brainstorming. All I see is the same magical thinking and normalcy bias that got us here in the first place. Lets have some of these discussions and be real. Our position is absolutely awful right now. And these are most of the practical reasons why.

While I would disagree about the Enlightenment roots of our current situation, most of this analysis is excellent.  I hope it opens up some serious discussion.

I think the problem is this:  Big money dominates both political parties. The Democrats try to keep their base happy by catering to the Identity Politics people, the Culture (really, anti-Culture) warriors, the race-grievance-mongerers.  The Republicans try to keep their base happy by waving the flag, screaming about gay marriage, making noises about illegal immigration, bashing the Bible.  But you will note that, in response to the economic crisis in 2008, they both united to bail out the banks -- letting the taxpayer cover the losses of the banksters. They both united to send American jobs to Mexico and China.  It's what their donor classes want.

The militia movement could be the core of something different. It's a truly grassroots movement -- with all the problems that implies, for sure. 

What it needs is some political sophistication: to start with how to do good 'public relations', how to do 'marketing'. In short, how to become professional, so that it can grow. The militia movement ought to aim at having one million members ... which would be about 3% of the male Trump voters.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

An excellent and inspiring take. It is quite rare that I connect so earnestly to the words of another.  We need secure and redundant means of communication, a proper, quick and reliable vetting process and a transparent, efficient means to pool intellectual and physical resources. 

As I agree with what is being said here, I want to add that the biggest problem I've come up against in the past year of trying to talk to others or get others to come together is disbelief.                                              Most people do not think anything will actually happen as far as taking away our 2nd amendment rights. They say it can never happen. The other big one I hear is they think this will all blow over. That if we continue to talk and let the system work it will all be ok.                                                        Many have said that the "people" won't allow it. I find myself shaking my head alot now a days from the blindness of others. I ask them how they can even pretend to be so closed minded and hands off...then tell them the facts are, it has happened, it is happening and it will get much worse if we set around waiting for someone else to take care of things.                       BLM is now stating they will organize their own police force and some cities are saying they will dismantle their police forces to implement new regulations.                                                 I'm at a loss on what to do now a days. People need leadership and that leadership needs to be from those that have been through the proper training. But ya just can't get others to come together. There's been to many luxuries for to long and people are to worried about losing them.                    Not understanding they will lose them anyway if they do nothing.

These riots, and the grovelling response of gutless liberal polticians to them, are actually very good for us.

We need a change in the consciousness of the sixty million people who voted Republican four years ago. They have to come to see that we cannot live under the rule of the Left, and that we WILL live under their rule if we just carry on with business-as-usual.  And this is happening.

As for 'secure communication'.   At the moment, the use of 'screen names', and the avoidance of putting information out publically that would allow a hostile to track you down, will avoid the only serious current threat, namely, 'doxxing'.

We cannot replicate the physical infrastructure of modern communications. We can create alternative software, our own YouTube, etc.  This is not wrong, but ... we should not abandon  the mainstream social media, which is where most people will remain. We may have to adopt various subterfuges, use Aesopian language, etc but we should have as much of a presence there as we can.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Most people won't believe America can go tyrannical until they're in front of a firing squad.

One thing I remember from reading former L.A. Detective Mike Rothmiller's book, years ago, is that during the eighties, when a fugitive/suspect was thought to have escaped to or been living in Mexico, all he had to do was call the Mexican police and wait a few days. They'd call back, say to meet them at the border, and pull the guy out of the trunk and hand him over.

How'd they do it, before technology became vogue and accessible to all? The Mexicans, as still, all of them, performed the much considered out of date act of...talking to each other.

With all of the current technology in America, they can't come near to duplicating that.

18 hours ago, Doug1943 said:

While I would disagree about the Enlightenment roots of our current situation, most of this analysis is excellent.  I hope it opens up some serious discussion.

I think the problem is this:  Big money dominates both political parties. The Democrats try to keep their base happy by catering to the Identity Politics people, the Culture (really, anti-Culture) warriors, the race-grievance-mongerers.  The Republicans try to keep their base happy by waving the flag, screaming about gay marriage, making noises about illegal immigration, bashing the Bible.  But you will note that, in response to the economic crisis in 2008, they both united to bail out the banks -- letting the taxpayer cover the losses of the banksters. They both united to send American jobs to Mexico and China.  It's what their donor classes want.

The militia movement could be the core of something different. It's a truly grassroots movement -- with all the problems that implies, for sure. 

What it needs is some political sophistication: to start with how to do good 'public relations', how to do 'marketing'. In short, how to become professional, so that it can grow. The militia movement ought to aim at having one million members ... which would be about 3% of the male Trump voters.

You are right. I posted a response to something else you wrote in another post about 10 minutes ago.

Organization is key. We can't have PR, Marketing or anything of the like until we are actually organized. Hell terrorist organizations have more organization than the militias have right now as a united front.

Command and Control is the quintessential missing element. A glue to bind the serious militias together and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Solution posted in the response on the other thread.

Sam Nick

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.- Edmond Burke

4 hours ago, SamNick1775 said:

You are right. I posted a response to something else you wrote in another post about 10 minutes ago.

Organization is key. We can't have PR, Marketing or anything of the like until we are actually organized. Hell terrorist organizations have more organization than the militias have right now as a united front.

Command and Control is the quintessential missing element. A glue to bind the serious militias together and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Solution posted in the response on the other thread.

Bingo!  I shall read it (your solution) immediately.

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2020 at 1:02 AM, Thomas.Hill said:

The events of the last three months have infuriated me more than I can tell you. But it isn't Antifa, the left, or the mainstream media that trouble me. I've always expected those factions to be disgusting and shameless. So their antics haven't surprised me at all. Right now, what makes me want to go Biblical and "rend my clothes" is seeing how naive and mentally disarmed the American right is... I've listened to the patriot community bluster and pontificate about the US Constitution and 2nd Amendment for 30 years. But while they've consoled and reassured one another with cheap words, the left was busy making devastating, tactical moves that led to our current situation. Who would have imagined, after three months of uncostitutional house arrest, followed by nationwide race-riots (both over corporate-media psyops) that every faction of resistance would be so quiet you could hear a pin drop? How did it come to this?

Books could be written on the radical/corporate takeover of our media and education system. More books could be written on the replacement of authentic, regional culture with global, corporate mono-culture (and how that robbed everyone of the ability to assert their identity and values... or pass them to their children). Those were some of the most important battles of the last 50 years. And they were lost without contest. If we had time, we could talk about how 18th century, Enlightenment ideals (materialism, individualism, and rationalsim) poisoned our well of cultural ideas and guaranteed the ascendency of the radical left. But there's really no time for any of that anymore...

Zooming in on the current situation, there are a lot of practical reasons why everybody feels paralyzed. It's one thing to talk and fantasize about some scenario for years... It's another thing to suddenly be in that scenario and realize none of the groundwork has been laid to do what you always thought you would do. A handful of things come to mind:

1) People don't know each other.

There are hundreds of thousands of people (maybe millions) who have spent the last 10 years chattering with each other on the internet who are horrified by our present situation... Tons of them live within five miles or less of each other. But they've never made any attempt to get off their computers, meet one another, build trust, and form self-sufficient communities in the real world. Now they're all sitting alone in front of their flickering monitors reading daily rage-bait updates from the corporate news.

2) There's no widespread use of reliable communication that could survive disruption.

What would people do if their phone and internet service was suddenly switched off? Would they say, "no problem" and hop on HAM radio? ... Something else? I don't think the vast majority of people have thought about this at all.

3) FOOLISH reliance on big tech companies.

A friend of mine was sputtering in disbelief, the other day, that Instagram shut down his page to organize a community defense-force for his neighborhood. I wanted to smack him in the back of his head. What did he expect? ... That the companies organizing all this chaos would give him a platform to defend against it?? My jaw hit my desk when I came here and saw links to sign in through Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Why does anybody even HAVE a Google account? Why does anybody even HAVE a Facebook account?

4) A soccer-mom's understanding of security.

How many people are doing and saying moronic things through their naked IP and their phone carrier's text-messaing app because they don't know any better? How many people don't know the first thing about encrytion? There are so many outstanding tools, which are so well documented and easy to use. But the overwhelming majority of people are unwilling to make any sacrifices to the speed and convenience of their normal routine in order to use and learn them. The Electronic Frontier Foundation maintains user-friendly documentation on every one of them. Give yourself a little test, and see if the results surprise you: https://panopticlick.eff.org/

5) Complete reliance on the supply-chain.

Most people are living paycheck to paycheck with nothing stored away, and no knowledge of how to grow and store food, hunt, purify water, perform basic medical care, etc, etc. After three weeks of major disruption they'd be offering their firstborn for a retun to normalcy.

6) No cultural or community organizations to communicate and organize through.

This ties together several ideas from the previous points... If anybody thinks they're going to organize (and maintain organization) through the internet, they've got another thing coming... Good luck posting anything on social media other than "Black Lives matter," and "Stay home, save lives." You'll be banned as soon as you hit submit. And it's only going to get worse.

7) No way to get your side of the story out to the broader public.

It makes no difference what you do (or how noble and true your premises are)... if the usual suspects can just get behind their media/tech bullshorns to slander you and promote a false interpretation of what you're doing.

I entitled this post "The 'Wake Up Call' That Didn't Happen," because these are all the questions we need to be soul-searching and brainstorming about right now. But I don't see that soul-searching. And I don't see that brainstorming. All I see is the same magical thinking and normalcy bias that got us here in the first place. Lets have some of these discussions and be real. Our position is absolutely awful right now. And these are most of the practical reasons why.

Yes this country is upside down:

Yet discourse is a way to sharing ideas on how we all should plan and move.  Most of here don't live 5 miles apart.  What is important is if we do all come up against high tech well armed evil government like ours in the future, soon to be, sad to say is!  Find where our strength lies in the community of Patriots who believe in Faith, America, Freedom and what the good ole USA use to stand for.  That being hard work and you would make a good life for yourself!  So in the context of upheaval which may come to all us in America, this is a plan in bullet point numbers!

1) Organizing volunteers into Militias based on these people strengths.

a) for instance if a guy wants to fight, but he is a proficient hacker and coder, we could use him to exploit the enemy.

2) Run logistics better than the Anaconda strategy of the American Civil War.  Don't let them choke us like snake but cut off their supplies and take it for our efforts.

3)  Believe me if its Red Dawn, this is it, they will not take prisoners nor so shall we!

4) Obtain weapons that can destroy armored personal carriers, believe me the U.N. backed forces have been training even in our country for building to building combat in our country.  Don't let the disembark take em down before the enemy leaves the armored personal carrier.

a) this will be key for the militia to win the upcoming battles.

Please add to this in replies if you can think of something else to add.

Edited by Tommy O'Neil