LetFreedomRing

Which Body Armor Plates Should I Buy? | Spartan Armor Systems Comparison: AR500 Omega™ AR550 AR650

Which Body Armor Plates Should I Buy? | Spartan Armor Systems Comparison: AR500 Omega™ AR550 AR650

What Body Armor Should You Run? Flat, Curved, Curved Buildup and Square | AR500 Armor

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

Author of the topic Posted

Should Civilians Own Body Armor? (AR500 Armor)

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

lfr.jpg

No matter what you choose in armor there are trade offs, plusses and minuses.  I went with a single curve AR550 3+ steel full spall coated system.  I wanted to go with the slightly lighter AR650 plates but everyone was out of those when I was ready to buy last year.  I might still get the AR650 fully coated curved plates as a Christmas gift this year and pass the slightly heavier AR550 plates on to my son. 

lfr.jpg

Something that works is better than nothing at all, budget armor kit with AR500 steel level 3 curved plates.

Full Body Armor Kit for $219? RTS Tactical Ultimate Bundle

https://www.rtstactical.com/rts-sleek-carrier-bundle.html

lfr.jpg

Tactical Scorpion Gear Level III Budget Steel Body Armor Test

https://tacticalscorpiongear.com/body-armor.html?armor_type=217

image.png

lfr.jpg

Well this subject there will be a lot of answers, opinions , and the point of views.

From my personal experience this place has some really, really good armor that can take A LOT of beating. 

I watched a few demos on these vests and the 3A+ took over 300 rounds when they stopped midway and nothing went through. Was quite impressive. BUT the cost is alittle high, BUT you can break up the cost into 4 payments and have a hell of a body armor setup.

Their stuff is pretty good. Just my two cents

https://safelifedefense.com/product/tactical-enhanced-multi-threat-vest-level-iiia/

https://a41.us   A41 Founder

lfr.jpg

Armor for larger frames, 2XL to 4XL

https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/spartan-armor-systems-level-iii-ar550-and-legion-xl-plate-carrier-package/

image.png

Once you have ordered this system, you may contact Tactical Scorpion and they will add an extended 4XL cumberbund to it making it adjustable from 2XL to 4XL.  Also available in olive drab green carrier.

https://tacticalscorpiongear.com/tactical-scorpion-gear-level-iii-ar500-body-armor-11x14-molle-muircat-vest-coyote-brown.html

image.png

lfr.jpg