My name’s Mike but I used to be known as tater in the Modern Minuteman dot net forums, back in the day before FB took over everything. I stumbled across this site while looking for the NMS Unit Designations. I scanned over some topics of interest, read through some conversations on various topics and liked what y’all had to say. I’ve been missing the camaraderie and years of experience from which a working knowledge can be gleaned and applied in my own life. Thanks for allowing me to join and I look forward to, hopefully, meeting some good people and potential allies.

God Bless The Republic!

A400C629-2155-4BD0-97D1-BB00385320CA.jpeg

Hi, Mike... nice to see a fellow Texan here.

Are you in the Texas State Militia?  I just came across the website of their Houston group a few days ago, and I was very impressed with

them. They, or their leaders, seem to have a lot of political savvy.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Author of the topic Posted

I am not, Sir. I’m in North Texas, about 45 minutes East of Dallas. I’ve tried for quite a while to put a fire team together out here but the majority of folks seem to think their hunting experience will carry them through. The rest seem disinterested. A couple years ago, I was a member of Texas 3%ers FB group for a while but there wasn’t much action in my Zone so I quietly faded into the woodwork. Then, 2 weeks ago at the BLM protest in Royse City, I met some folks that were reviving my zone and they invited me back into the fold. So I suppose I’ll see if they they mean what they say sooner or later. 

Is your boy called tater tot?  😉

WELCOME!  Check the state militia forums link on the landing page for your state, area code militia link  or tab and click on the Map tab to find people near you to connect with. 

https://www.mymilitia.com/forums/forum/8-networks/

https://www.mymilitia.com/area-code-militias/

https://www.mymilitia.com/membermap/

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

9 hours ago, Michael Tarver III said:

I am not, Sir. I’m in North Texas, about 45 minutes East of Dallas. I’ve tried for quite a while to put a fire team together out here but the majority of folks seem to think their hunting experience will carry them through. The rest seem disinterested. A couple years ago, I was a member of Texas 3%ers FB group for a while but there wasn’t much action in my Zone so I quietly faded into the woodwork. Then, 2 weeks ago at the BLM protest in Royse City, I met some folks that were reviving my zone and they invited me back into the fold. So I suppose I’ll see if they they mean what they say sooner or later. 

Yes.  I think your story is typical of many people and of many local groups.

They start off ok, but then slowly die.

I think there are some things we can do about that, if we can get the information out to the whole militia movement.

Many organizations, not just militias, have this problem.

There are some things that can be done about that, which might help: here are a couple of ideas:

(1) Militias should have more than one category of membership: in fact, they should have four, organized this way:

--------------|-- Riflemen ----|------- Support ----|

ACTIVE:    |                         |                              |

| -------------------|------------------------|

RESERVE: |                         |                              |

| -------------------|------------------------|

'Actives' are those who regularly, more or less, attend group activities. 'Reserves' are for those who don't, but may come occasionally  -- but in any event want to stay in touch.

'Riflemen' are for those who want to, and are fit enough, to carry a weapon as their main activity.  'Support' is everyone else: cooks, clerks and bottle-washers.

There is no reason someone can't be both a Rifleman and, say, a Comms guy. But 'Support' will be where people who want to support the movement, but are too old or unfit to do so.

(2) Then: there has to be one person whose job is to think about ways to keep people involved, which means the militia unit has to become a kind of social organization as well.

Just as most churches don't only have Sunday morning services, but also Bible Study groups, Men's groups,  Wednesday suppers, etc ... so also should a thriving militia unit have the occasional class on the Constitution, military history, current affairs discussion -- perhaps with outside speakers; movies (which could be war movies); BBQ's. etc.  The idea is to make it an organization where people want to keep coming.

(3) Ideally, if the group has the human resources for this, it should be involved, maybe just sporadically, in community projects. The Houston unit is involved in Habitat for Humanity.  Not to be cynical, but this is worth ten thousand dollars of publicity, to counter the vile lies of the SPLC that we are a bunch of Klansmen who swapped our robes for camo.

The point is to make the group one that people want to take part in, and not just to keep up with their military skills.  Easier said than done, of course.

And there is a ton of other useful information about starting and maintaining a group, which needs to be written down and circulated.

You can get a lot further in life with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.