Guest thekeeper59

Training

Guest thekeeper59

Well then, I see mention the desire for training, question becomes what type, or kind of training, is sought after. Weapons training needs either an outdoor or indoor range,  Tactics training will need the same, as with combat training. All this stipulated, the next issue is land, who among us has access to land large enough and secluded enough to sharpen our gun use, tactics training. This last point is what would stop us training as a unit. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Other types of training would fall under first aide such as emergency response, CPR, and so on. I am certified for CPR, and it wouldn't really be a big deal to become certified as a trainer. With the things going in Seattle and Virginia it makes me think our government is completely broken. Additionally, I am beginning to wonder where our Military fits into what may come as a civil conflict in this country. No one has said or even hinted at their position through all of what is occurring, the same can be said about the police.

317 logo (2).png

During my time in the Army , One of my duties was to teach basic first aid to trainees. Then I got to see Jungles and deltas from a helicopter. Of course I was 18-21 and it was 1971-1975.

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands...

Guest thekeeper59
Author of the topic Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HUNGRYcHUK said:

During my time in the Army , One of my duties was to teach basic first aid to trainees. Then I got to see Jungles and deltas from a helicopter. Of course I was 18-21 and it was 1971-1975.

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands...

My brother was im the last group  to leave Saigon in 1975...I was in 78-84, however, I had a draftcard # 255 in 74.

Edited by thekeeper59

18 hours ago, thekeeper59 said:

My brother was im the last group  to leave Saigon in 1975...I was in 78-84, however, I had a draftcard # 255 in 74.

I was attached to the Saigon Airport Hospital Medivac Unit, Grew up in short order. Learned a lot from the old guys and they were in their early 20s. Volunteered for duty as part of the plan to make it a career, but got stationed @ Ft Ben and got a butterbar for a CO and he didn't like the fact I was an NCO @ 19.