Michael Tarver III

Let’s see those painted ladies!

I usually just stick with a solid color to try and get away from black. This is a PSA middie with the FN barrel, Samson rail, Troy buis, Vortex FH, Magpul furniture and a PA genI 3x coated in Norrel Moly OD. I have a S&W M&P10 getting ready to get painted here once we get into the 90s everyday with no rain. I'm thinking about going with a variation of different shade brown and green stripes on that one.

P1010030.png

1 hour ago, Michael Tarver III said:

Yessir. Nothing screams “HERE I AM!” like black in a natural setting.

Especially in even the cheapest night vision. Anodizing is a great finishing process and works well as a base coat for other finishes but it tends to be reflective especially when an IR illuminator hits it.

Guest Trickshot
2 hours ago, Skillet said:

Especially in even the cheapest night vision. Anodizing is a great finishing process and works well as a base coat for other finishes but it tends to be reflective especially when an IR illuminator hits it.

I use chalkboard paint available at Wally world as a base coat, then I can make transitional camo/adaptable camo with chalk. White chalk for snow, greens and browns for woodland, tans for desert, basic black for urban or night environments. Helps cut down on the IR/ nylon glow.

Guest Trickshot
Posted (edited)

I also have a few ranger bands on my rifle, not only for cable management and keeping the sling out of the way for stowing, but for adding natural foliage in from the area if I desire to. The paint also works on fabrics, FYI.

Edited by Trickshot

Author of the topic Posted

I keep my longarms slung after the fashion of the LRRPs in Vietnam and the current Israeli way. They’re always at the ready, depending on the angle of the barrel but even when lowered, can easily be raised without much effort. I don’t do much firing from the hip but having a sling over my shoulder with raised rifle is an advantage to me. I can ‘drop’ my rifle without losing it and retrieve my sidearm. That and it helps disperse weight when using the 75 round drum in the AK.

28 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Brother be careful with that stuff, it's carcinogenic as hell.

Well I use a filtered full face mask.  The waterbourn stuff is a lot nicer.

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton

4 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Well I use a filtered full face mask.  The waterbourn stuff is a lot nicer.

Be careful, you need to use gloves and a full shirt as well. The solvent in the paint itself can be absorbed easily through the skin.

47 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Be careful, you need to use gloves and a full shirt as well. The solvent in the paint itself can be absorbed easily through the skin.

Yep I paint it for a living.    

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – General George S. Patton