Guest Ronald Richards

Organizing all militias

Guest Ronald Richards

It's shocking to me that such groups like blm and antifa have organized to such an extent that they threaten to topple this country and I'm not seeing any push back if there was ever a time to unite all the militias into one organization it's now we need to stop playing around and actually get to work we have lost ground to cover I say we arrange a meeting with all those in charge of there respected groups nation wide I may be new to the site but that's my two cents take it or leave it 

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Being in the Militia is a huge undertaking. It is our responsibility to be our country's last line of defense against a Tyrannical Government. We are not the Aggressors. That is what the Democrats want from us. That is exactly how they get the fuel for their fire to push for more gun laws. Just my two cents.

Tennessee Commander

Captain of the 19th Tennessee Infantry

Guest Trickshot
Author of the topic Posted

@ Rev.E.  The problem as I see it (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is that communication seems to be lacking. Another issue, from everything I'm reading is difficulty with vetting, and recruiting.  

I belong to a group who intends to address these issues, and others. 

I can't speak for everyone,  but it may be concerning to some that want to help, but are not certain what exactly they will be asked to do.  

For now, research groups are forming in a top down structure. Our goal for phase 1 is to recruit HAM operators who will be district liaisons in all 10 districts based on the FEMA district map. Eventually there will be regional and local advisors underneath them that can conduct things like background checks and other vetting procedures (follow up on references) etc.  If our local advisors come into contact with a bad apple, they can share some details about him or her across every district, and we can compile a list of who is black balled and who is recommended.  Currently,  a individual could start trouble in one group, and simply go to another group and do the same thing.

Another issue I've noticed and you have verified is the dedication of the membership. And I believe I have a solution for that also.

Instead of having a FTX , it may be better instead to offer training classes. These classes can be lucrative financially, and attract younger members who want training.  If they are willing to pay for it, they may be more dedicated to getting their money's worth.  

You can cherry pick the best ones, and make them part of the instructorship cadre , as instructors they will have a financial incentive to remain active. 

It's bizarre but true, that people may be more willing to be involved in a training class they have paid for, because it has a value assigned to it, than a chore they must set aside time to complete. 

When research group has been fully established and we have a vetted membership that is trustworthy and accountable,  you could set aside a portion of their tuition for the background check and submit it to our treasurer when we establish one.

Guest Trickshot

With many local law enforcement agencies being disbanded, or defunded, it is a distinct possibility that more and more companies will have a need for private contractors.  With the right amount of organization,  that is a service we can all not only provide,  but also earn money from.

Guest Trickshot

There are a multitude of high profile social media influencers/instructors that you could reach out to, they must be paid, and we should be supporting them through financial means to protect our freedoms anyway. If you could schedule one of these individuals ,say you have ten people willing to pay 50$ for a guest instructor, but the instructor is willing to accept 250$ for a four hour training session,  you just netted yourself free training and 250$. 

Guest Trickshot

@ Rev.E. If we can't make it work for free, we can at the very least make it lucrative.

Don't you agree?

18 minutes ago, Trickshot said:

@ Rev.E. If we can't make it work for free, we can at the very least make it lucrative.

Don't you agree?

You do make several good points. In our group and the main group I had before this one. We collected monthly dues. That showed the level of dedication to the group. It kept folks interested in the workings of the group because they became vested in the cause. 

As far as bringing in trainers as opposed to an FTX. That can be an idea for areas that don't have training areas. However, the diversity of those attending can vary greatly. which can cause issue with bringing outsiders into your protected area. Also, once the training is over with, how does anyone practice what they have just learned. Our FTX weekends allow us to physically practice. I am Retired Law Enforcement. So I am training according to what most folks will/could experience in today's day and age. It is nice to have military guys in the group so you can see both sides. But once you remove the camaraderie from a group their is no loyalty to each other.

Working on the establishment of a Militia Group requires a huge amount of time and effort. For a leader that never ends. That is why we ask for help from the group which also makes them feel more appreciated for their time and efforts. This is where Brotherhood comes from. "Brotherhood can never be achieved until we all share the same respect for each other. Until then, only the rare few can share the common bond" RevE

It is a second job and the level of devotion lays heavy with leadership. That is why we come across as passionate as we do about upholding the way Militias are handled. We are not the aggressors, that is a hard thing to preach to people who think they are doing the right thing by loading themselves to the teeth and going to show who has the bigger dick. When in all reality the Militia is our countries last line of defense against a Tyrannical government. Nothing more Nothing less. People just do not understand that point. That all comes together as you build a bond with others as they truly start to see the light. These Yahoo's who want to go across state lines and defend someone else's city are fighting a lost cause in several different ways. 

First they become felons. Second, They will tell a reporter they are a member of the militia. (You NEVER divulge who you are) They will be the one promoting anger towards something they have no right to. (We as the Militia are NOT a hate group) This is what makes us look bad.  You can follow me and see how many times I try and talk people down. As far as vetting goes, it is much easier in states that have carry permits. That is one main thing we require to even be considered for our group. This proves they are not a felon. The other thing is, if they are military we require a DD-214 which shows us if they were honorably discharged from active duty. Several things require us to walk a fine line when it comes to building a group and keeping said group together. 

I have seen several groups  fall apart because they do not take all things in to consideration. We go by the manual for our Militia groups here in Tennessee, so there is no question about something being fact or ones opinion. I hope this helps explains things a little better from a 1st SGT's time in the Militia.

Tennessee Commander

Guest Trickshot
24 minutes ago, Rev.E. said:

You do make several good points. In our group and the main group I had before this one. We collected monthly dues. That showed the level of dedication to the group. It kept folks interested in the workings of the group because they became vested in the cause. 

As far as bringing in trainers as opposed to an FTX. That can be an idea for areas that don't have training areas. However, the diversity of those attending can vary greatly. which can cause issue with bringing outsiders into your protected area. Also, once the training is over with, how does anyone practice what they have just learned. Our FTX weekends allow us to physically practice. I am Retired Law Enforcement. So I am training according to what most folks will/could experience in today's day and age. It is nice to have military guys in the group so you can see both sides. But once you remove the camaraderie from a group their is no loyalty to each other.

Working on the establishment of a Militia Group requires a huge amount of time and effort. For a leader that never ends. That is why we ask for help from the group which also makes them feel more appreciated for their time and efforts. This is where Brotherhood comes from. "Brotherhood can never be achieved until we all share the same respect for each other. Until then, only the rare few can share the common bond" RevE

It is a second job and the level of devotion lays heavy with leadership. That is why we come across as passionate as we do about upholding the way Militias are handled. We are not the aggressors, that is a hard thing to preach to people who think they are doing the right thing by loading themselves to the teeth and going to show who has the bigger dick. When in all reality the Militia is our countries last line of defense against a Tyrannical government. Nothing more Nothing less. People just do not understand that point. That all comes together as you build a bond with others as they truly start to see the light. These Yahoo's who want to go across state lines and defend someone else's city are fighting a lost cause in several different ways. 

First they become felons. Second, They will tell a reporter they are a member of the militia. (You NEVER divulge who you are) They will be the one promoting anger towards something they have no right to. (We as the Militia are NOT a hate group) This is what makes us look bad.  You can follow me and see how many times I try and talk people down. As far as vetting goes, it is much easier in states that have carry permits. That is one main thing we require to even be considered for our group. This proves they are not a felon. The other thing is, if they are military we require a DD-214 which shows us if they were honorably discharged from active duty. Several things require us to walk a fine line when it comes to building a group and keeping said group together. 

I have seen several groups  fall apart because they do not take all things in to consideration. We go by the manual for our Militia groups here in Tennessee, so there is no question about something being fact or ones opinion. I hope this helps explains things a little better from a 1st SGT's time in the Militia.

Thank you very much for your response, I do appreciate it allot and I learned allot also from your comment.

Do you think it would be easier to achieve the goals you set out for if their was greater financial incentive to do so?

Would it be better to convert your training area into an airsoft field to attract young and energetic recruits and make a few dollars in the process?

If you don't want to reveal your training area, couldn't you organize an event at your nearest local shooting range, and if members do not wish to go, couldn't they be cross trained later with the members that did go to the class?

There will always be individuals primed to point out the problems, and that is fine, but how hard are we working collectively toward a solution.

We all know, and can complain about this or that not happening, we can say "hey, these guys aren't doing anything" but never look at the fact that all we did is point out what some one else didn't do, that isn't much harder than not doing anything at all.

Financing is a good way to keep guys active. but you have to decide what is the correct amount. For us it is $50 to join and what ever you can give each month. Some do $10 some do $20 and there are guys that will hand you $100.

Airsoft? funny that is our next goal for training at our area. Having organized training function can be a good thing. Sometimes it is best to call them self defense classes and try and hold them as non firing events at your local community center and open them to local residents. That way they get to meet you for who and what you represent. It also lets them know they have a support group on their side if things go south. Kind of like one step about "Neighborhood Watch".

Yes, you will always have those who want to show you the best way to do things. To those I give a warning one time. Then they are gone before they start to change the  natural progression of what your goal is.

Tennessee Commander

Guest Trickshot
5 minutes ago, Rev.E. said:

Financing is a good way to keep guys active. but you have to decide what is the correct amount. For us it is $50 to join and what ever you can give each month. Some do $10 some do $20 and there are guys that will hand you $100.

Airsoft? funny that is our next goal for training at our area. Having organized training function can be a good thing. Sometimes it is best to call them self defense classes and try and hold them as non firing events at your local community center and open them to local residents. That way they get to meet you for who and what you represent. It also lets them know they have a support group on their side if things go south. Kind of like one step about "Neighborhood Watch".

Yes, you will always have those who want to show you the best way to do things. To those I give a warning one time. Then they are gone before they start to change the  natural progression of what your goal is.

Certainly, all excellent ideas. In regards to diversity of attendance, that need not be a huge issue if you are cherry picking individuals based on your candidacy requirements. I would recommend doing a search for "assumption/assumed risk" forms to have participants sign off on, so they understand (and you have legal protection) that they could be hurt in a activity that has obvious risks and dangers associated with it.

For certain training and tactics, it would certainly be better to start off with airsoft to ensure competency in their manual of arms  before going live fire. As a fun added benefit you could schedule "war games" or joint training exercises with other groups, cross train in tactics, debrief, make regional contacts etc.

Guest Fed up
4 hours ago, Trickshot said:

@ Rev.E.  The problem as I see it (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is that communication seems to be lacking. Another issue, from everything I'm reading is difficulty with vetting, and recruiting.  

I belong to a group who intends to address these issues, and others. 

I can't speak for everyone,  but it may be concerning to some that want to help, but are not certain what exactly they will be asked to do.  

For now, research groups are forming in a top down structure. Our goal for phase 1 is to recruit HAM operators who will be district liaisons in all 10 districts based on the FEMA district map. Eventually there will be regional and local advisors underneath them that can conduct things like background checks and other vetting procedures (follow up on references) etc.  If our local advisors come into contact with a bad apple, they can share some details about him or her across every district, and we can compile a list of who is black balled and who is recommended.  Currently,  a individual could start trouble in one group, and simply go to another group and do the same thing.

Another issue I've noticed and you have verified is the dedication of the membership. And I believe I have a solution for that also.

Instead of having a FTX , it may be better instead to offer training classes. These classes can be lucrative financially, and attract younger members who want training.  If they are willing to pay for it, they may be more dedicated to getting their money's worth.  

You can cherry pick the best ones, and make them part of the instructorship cadre , as instructors they will have a financial incentive to remain active. 

It's bizarre but true, that people may be more willing to be involved in a training class they have paid for, because it has a value assigned to it, than a chore they must set aside time to complete. 

When research group has been fully established and we have a vetted membership that is trustworthy and accountable,  you could set aside a portion of their tuition for the background check and submit it to our treasurer when we establish one.

Yes giving things away for free does nothing. People have no skin in the game if things are given to them

15 minutes ago, Fed up said:

Yes giving things away for free does nothing. People have no skin in the game if things are given to them

That is correct. There has to be something that keeps them interested.  Being Vested helps a great deal in that matter. The biggest key is COMMS. Without COMMS you have nothing. Motivation through leadership is a very big part of the inner workings of any group. If a leader fails to keep troops motivated then there is failure. There are things I do to my troops that keeps them on their toes while training. I have even gone as far as lobbing bottle rockets in their direction to wake them up while on patrol. Mind you I did not aim for them, just in the area they were visible. It it things like that, that will keep them wanting more.

Tennessee Commander

Guest Trickshot
21 minutes ago, Fed up said:

Yes of course, if they can't be counted on for $50, i wouldn't trust them to have my back if things became serious. On the other hand, those most dedicated should certainly reap the rewards of their efforts as a matter of morale. Recruitment, maintaining a facility, contacts, and all of these things are time consuming and difficult pursuits as @ Rev.E. mentioned.  These individuals should be compensated in some way, if not willing to, then it makes all the sense in the world not to waste time or resources on these people.

Guest Fed up
Author of the topic Posted (edited)

Yeah, or at least willing to buy supplies or put in work in gardens or setting up an FTX. Labor isn't cheap when you've got 40-60 hour jobs for 10-20 people.

Edited by Fed up

2 minutes ago, Fed up said:

Yeah, that's why I'm getting my ham license ASAP.

We have two HAM that we are working on currently. We also have a Private Pilot available to us as well. He is not in our group yet do to moving to the state and building his home, but if we need him we have him. We have local Active Law that we can count on as much as they know where we are. We all have to have each others 6. Another factor we have is a Drone Pilot. That in and of itself is a huge benefit. Having eyes in the sky or following our troops as they train is awesome.

Tennessee Commander

Guest Trickshot
4 minutes ago, Rev.E. said:

That is correct. There has to be something that keeps them interested.  Being Vested helps a great deal in that matter. The biggest key is COMMS. Without COMMS you have nothing. Motivation through leadership is a very big part of the inner workings of any group. If a leader fails to keep troops motivated then there is failure. There are things I do to my troops that keeps them on their toes while training. I have even gone as far as lobbing bottle rockets in their direction to wake them up while on patrol. Mind you I did not aim for them, just in the area they were visible. It it things like that, that will keep them wanting more.

Yes, i couldn't agree more, and that is exactly what research groups are for and about among other projects.  As we fill our ranks based purely on competency and merit, we will have a professional organization from the top down.  We have a Navy Chief interested in being an active member, if that recruitment is successful it is likely that he will be the district liaison for his area. The goal from that point will be to have regional and then local advisors all trained to make contact with the active groups in their area, and share information. Eventually the intent will be special projects where the local advisors will attend training excercises, report that information to regional advisors, then to the district liaisons , this way we can develop a baseline or standard, and improve upon that, for training, communications, media and so on. The Advisors in the end should be the most highly trained and knowledgeable individuals in their areas, and will be able to recruit, vet, and train from the local population.

Guest Fed up

This is exactly my goal I had in mind when I got in here.

2 minutes ago, Trickshot said:

Yes, i couldn't agree more, and that is exactly what research groups are for and about among other projects.  As we fill our ranks based purely on competency and merit, we will have a professional organization from the top down.  We have a Navy Chief interested in being an active member, if that recruitment is successful it is likely that he will be the district liaison for his area. The goal from that point will be to have regional and then local advisors all trained to make contact with the active groups in their area, and share information. Eventually the intent will be special projects where the local advisors will attend training excercises, report that information to regional advisors, then to the district liaisons , this way we can develop a baseline or standard, and improve upon that, for training, communications, media and so on. The Advisors in the end should be the most highly trained and knowledgeable individuals in their areas, and will be able to recruit, vet, and train from the local population.

That is what I am working on in the State. To get more and more groups active. If we are not on the same page we will go nowhere.

Tennessee Commander

Guest Trickshot
3 minutes ago, Rev.E. said:

We have two HAM that we are working on currently. We also have a Private Pilot available to us as well. He is not in our group yet do to moving to the state and building his home, but if we need him we have him. We have local Active Law that we can count on as much as they know where we are. We all have to have each others 6. Another factor we have is a Drone Pilot. That in and of itself is a huge benefit. Having eyes in the sky or following our troops as they train is awesome.

awesome! I intend to get my commercial license and HAM also, time permitting.

Guest Fed up

Thank God there's more people with the same goal in mind. 

Guest Trickshot
Just now, Rev.E. said:

That is what I am working on in the State. To get more and more groups active. If we are not on the same page we will go nowhere.

if you like join our research group, it is a work in progress, but we can all share information and get up to speed.

[email protected] is me.

Please create a proton mail account and use it only for research group purposes if you are interested.

1 minute ago, Fed up said:

Thank God there's more people with the same goal in mind. 

Amen Brother. I just wish these Rambo Wanna bees would chill out with loading to the teeth and heading to CHAZ. That is not what we need to do.

Tennessee Commander