Posted (edited)

I am new to this site. I do not have military training but I do have outdoor experience. I do have some experience with tools and guns. I need more training on all fronts but time is running low and I live in a hostile environment. I think my best option will be to move.

I am looking for recommendations of communities to look at for relocating before the boogaloo goes real hot. I am interested in sober first hand experience about where to look to find a place to live and make my stand.

Are there places where integrity and virtue are still a part of the culture? Without these I don't think we have a hope of sustaining the civilization of our fathers or of building something better.

Are there places where you trust your neighbors, that you know the threat will come from outside and not from inside your own town?

Are there places where you trust the local government to stand up and take the side of our flag and our constitution when they are pushed?

I want to find a place to build a life alongside others who can sustain a culture I want to be a part of. I am willing to take a stand and fight for it, but there needs to be a reasonable chance of holding against the insurrection. I need to live in a place where defending myself or my neighbor is not going to come with a sentence to a prison or a gulag.

Please answer honestly. I don't need false hope. I need good intel.

Thanks

-JD

Edited by Jon Doh

WELCOME!  Check the state militia forums link on the landing page for your state, area code militia link  or tab and click on the Map tab to find people near you to connect with. 

https://www.mymilitia.com/forums/forum/8-networks/

https://www.mymilitia.com/area-code-militias/

https://www.mymilitia.com/membermap/

Or start your own group:

https://www.mymilitia.com/militias/

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

4 hours ago, Jon Doh said:

I am new to this site. I do not have military training but I do have outdoor experience. I do have some experience with tools and guns. I need more training on all fronts but time is running low and I live in a hostile environment. I think my best option will be to move.

I am looking for recommendations of communities to look at for relocating before the boogaloo goes real hot. I am interested in sober first hand experience about where to look to find a place to live and make my stand.

Are there places where integrity and virtue are still a part of the culture? Without these I don't think we have a hope of sustaining the civilization of our fathers or of building something better.

Are there places where you trust your neighbors, that you know the threat will come from outside and not from inside your own town?

Are there places where you trust the local government to stand up and take the side of our flag and our constitution when they are pushed?

I want to find a place to build a life alongside others who can sustain a culture I want to be a part of. I am willing to take a stand and fight for it, but there needs to be a reasonable chance of holding against the insurrection. I need to live in a place where defending myself or my neighbor is not going to come with a sentence to a prison or a gulag.

Thanks

-JD

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” ― Mark Twain

"I prefer dangerous FREEDOM over peaceful SLAVERY" -Thomas Jefferson

"Si vis pacem para bellum" - Every wise warrior there ever was.

lfr.jpg.91d35fb0dbad2fa6e5cc5b2544ce55d5.jpg

lfr.jpg

4 hours ago, Jon Doh said:

Thanks

-JD

Where are you located? You can send me a message if you do not want to divulge openly. 

Tennessee Commander

Captain of the 19th Tennessee Infantry

Author of the topic Posted
Just now, Rev.E. said:

Where are you located?

I live in Maryland. I didn't include that because the distance to a new place is not an issue for me. I was considering Montana or Idaho, but also the south like Appalachia. I may end up doing a road trip to try to find a spot. If I do it would help to have some places to check out or some local perspective.

1 minute ago, Jon Doh said:

I live in Maryland. I didn't include that because the distance to a new place is not an issue for me. I was considering Montana or Idaho, but also the south like Appalachia. I may end up doing a road trip to try to find a spot. If I do it would help to have some places to check out or some local perspective.

First let me welcome you. Where you decide to move depends on several options. If you prefer to be around a good size group then I would avoid Montana. We have family there and they have a hard time keeping things going. We live in the Great State of Tennessee. We have several groups that are active. Our group is located in the foothills of the Smokys. 

You r current locale is one of the worst in the area. we have people in Bowie. I have begged them to move, but he has reasons for being there. Where you decide depends on what you are looking for.  I can suggest looking into areas of interest and setting up a visit. Our group is about Family and Homesteading as well as defending what we are working for. Our groups is building cabins to create our own community where everyone pitches in to do what we need to survive as a whole. Not every group is going to be like ours. some just train once a month to prepare for the worst. We do as well but we prepare for the future as well. I would tell you to get into the area code militias that you are interested in and start reaching out to others to see if you can find a natural fit for your expectations. If you have questions I will try to answer for you.

1st SGT 19th Tennessee Infantry, 1st Div. A Co.

Tennessee Commander

Captain of the 19th Tennessee Infantry

Guest Poncho

If your willing to move to Florida there are many many militias in this state and if you go to YouTube and type in sheriff Grady Judd you will find it to be the perfect place to live .

To be honest WVA is a good choice but be forewarned, youll run into a big culture shock.  I grew up in WVA an i moved a county over to one of the bigger towns,  7 miles out and i still run into the redneck BS that i originally moved out of Wva for.  But its home, i live alone and stay to myself mostly.  Is quiet and out here where i live you can pick up a house for about 20K/25K USD,...you heard me right, 25 thousand,   and its livable.  Just depends on if your a suburbanite or your a country boy.  Ive got running water, a toilet, a roof over my head and i can see everything that comes u p the hill and i can draw a bead on them as they do so its pretty secure,  

The only thing is Ive got to get out and start cutting wood for the winter.

OK thats all for now, get me started and my fingers never know when to stopso, there you go.

Later all